✦2/final

Glitch in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glitch intime: Final

 

"L-Luhan!"

Sehun sat on his bed, gasping, and eyes widening. Never had he expected his best friend, the one who died in the car accident a day prior, to be alive and smiling cheerfully at him.

“It is I.” With a nod of his head, Luhan responded to his reaction.

Sehun shook his head in denial, not believing his friend was well and alive. Who could blame him? He saw how bloody the car accident had been and he heard them tell him his best friend was pronounced dead. So how was this all happening?

“You’re alive!”

Luhan shifted his eyes about, his eyebrows wrinkling a bit as he was confused. “What do you mean?”

“You’re alive!” Sehun exclaimed with a shake of his blanket.

“You’re alive..,” Luhan poked his forehead.

Sehun’s mouth was left hanging open as he thought back.  That dream… Yes, something happened with that so called dream. Last night, he returned home shoving the arms of his mother aside (being in no need for comfort), and shooting a dirty look at his father before storming into his room.  His parents were arguing downstairs again. His mom disgusted by his father’s accusations of his ual identity.

“How can you say that to his face? Sehun has not had one friend since skipping college. Instead of accusing him of being homoual, you should be proud he found someone to cling onto.” She had argued back at his father.

Sehun had just sat still leaning against his door, as he listened to his parent’s and let his tears fall.  Even though it was pitch black as always in his room, that night the moon had shined brightly and lit it up.

“Luhan…” Sehun started to sob. “Luhan I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I…” He hiccupped and hugged his knees tight. Burying his head in his knees he sobbed quietly, “I wish I could go back.”

The next thing Sehun knew he had been in that dark room, filled with an endless sea of water, standing above a clock.

Sehun’s eyes widen as he realizes what that all could’ve meant. That deafening noise, Time was stuck, but still trying to move forward. He was granted the wish to return days prior to the accident.  His head jerked to the calendar on the desk. It read April 19th. Sehun shook his head in disbelief. How could this be happening?

“It’s April 19th.” Sehun stated, trying to get that to sink into his mind.

Luhan nodded and adjusted his camera bag. “Yeah. Were you busy today? Should I have not co-“

A sniffle coming from Sehun made Luhan jolt back a bit in surprise. He looked at the younger as he sat on the bed, a small tear falling down and hitting the bed sheets. Plop Plop plop, one by one they crashed down.

“April 21st at 7:30pm a person will get hit by a car crossing the street,” Sehun whispered quietly, enough for only him to hear.  He snapped his eyes to look up at Luhan who was looking at him worriedly. Sehun reached up and cupped his face. “Luhan...”

Luhan held onto his camera bag and looked at Sehun. “Y-yeah?” He smiled warmly.

“How did you get the address to my house?” Sehun suddenly asked.

Luhan chuckled a bit. “It was in the directory at the office. I just wanted to come and see why you didn’t go to work earlier. Seems like you overslept… Is there something else going on? Is it… your parents?”

Unsure if he should be bringing up such a subject at Sehun, he bit his lip nervously. When he was at the studio cleaning up he realized Sehun didn’t arrive earlier that day. So he took the chance to look up Sehun’s address and give his friend a visit. His mom was kind of enough to lead him up to his room, but the look Luhan was receiving from Sehun’s dad made him uncomfortable.

Before Sehun could even open his mouth to answer, his parents broke out into another argument causing Sehun’s cheeks to turn a bit red from embarrassment.

Luhan took Sehun’s hand. “Why don’t we go somewhere else?”

The angelic boy smiled at him and gave his hand a gentle tug. In response, Sehun nodded.

“Oh, and Luhan?”

Luhan turned around to look at him.

“I will protect you to the end.” Sehun smiled as he got up.

Luhan nodded. “You better!”

“So let me take a guess, you are using me today to accompany you while you grocery shop.” Sehun stated as they walked into Myeongdong. Luhan blinked and looked his way, taking his list of off his pocket.

“Well I was planning on doing this today too, but then I went to check on you, and we don’t really have to, and how did you even know?!” Luhan rambled and ended it with a question.

Sehun winked as they got off the bus. “I’m psychic.”

Luhan just followed him off.  Sehun turned his head a little to glance at the camera bag. “Just as I thought you brought the thing with you.”

Luhan opened his mouth to pretest but Sehun cut him off. “I know I know, it’s not a thing.”

Luhan pouted. “You know me too well.”

Sehun nodded. “I’m sure today you’ll capture a lot of good shots.”

Sehun walked around the supermarket, knowing exactly where to go and carrying the bags after Luhan purchased them. They got their shopping done in no time.

  “Why did you even bring an umbrella?” Luhan asked him as he looked up at the clear skies. “There’s not even a cloud in the sky!”

Sehun smiled at him. “I’m pretty sure it’s going to rain today.”

He pulled Luhan over to get some fruits and vegetables and he eyed the mango.

“So expensive, “Luhan said.

Sehun smiled and nodded. “I think we should skip it for today. We should purchase some vegetables tis time.”

“This time,” Luhan asked him. “So you’re going to go grocery shopping with me again?”

Sehun smiled at him. “Again and again and again.”

“Unbelievable!” Luhan stated, clutching onto his camera bag as Sehun and he hogged into his house. Sehun was holding the bags in one hand and the umbrella over Luhan and the camera bag in another.

“I told you it would rain.”

Luhan just laughed. “It was bright a few minutes ago!”

Sehun shrugged, “The weather is weird here, don’t you think?”

Luhan scrunched his nose up and nodded. The two diligently worked on putting away Luhan’s groceries while the rain started pouring down.

Sehun stretched his arms above his head before heading off into Luhan’s living room, plopping down comfortable on the couch.

When Luhan was all done, he grabbed his camera and tiptoed over to Sehun, bringing it up to his face and quickly pressed the button down. “Ha, another one for my collection~”

Sehun just smirked. “Check it.”

Luhan did and mouth dropped. “What you saw this coming?! How.”

Sehun just chortled as he made room for Luhan on the couch; he took Luhan’s camera and extended his hand as he snapped a photo of them. He leaned against Luhan and comfortably snapped photos. “I want to always be like this,” He confessed.

Luhan couldn’t help but smile at Sehun’s kind words. Sehun sat up and put an arm around Luhan pulling him close and closing his eyes. Luhan was a bit surprised, but would’ve done the same if he was in Sehun’s position. Luhan readjusted himself and cuddled with Sehun, looking at him kindly and gently. Luhan began playing with his camera as he flipped through their photos.  Sehun looked through the photos with Luhan, bringing him closer to his body. He realized now that He needed to be close to Luhan and very protective. He didn’t want anything bad to happen to such an innocent boy.

Luhan called his name, distracting him from his thought.  Sehun looked at Luhan who was sitting up and placed his hand on Sehun’s chest as he leaned in close.

“There’s something I want to tell you,” Luhan whispered into Sehun’s ear, still causing that pleasant child own his spine.

“Tell me,” Sehun was curious to finally know what I was. He looked at Luhan who looked back, but looked away in hesitation.

 “Tomorrow’s my birthday… Will you go out for some bubble tea with me?”

Sehun felt a bit disappointed, but nodded his head. “I’ll go. But promise me you’ll tell me what’s on your mind.”

Luhan agreed with a cheerful smile. Tomorrow was his birthday, and he certainly won’t hesitate to tell Sehun those three precious words.

Sehun wrapped both arms around Luhan and pecked his head. The two sat in silence as they listened to the comforting rain.

“I hope it doesn’t rain on my birthday.” Luhan stated.

“It won’t. It will be clear skies, I promise.”

Luhan smiled at the thought of his perfect birthday and drifted off into dreamland.

Sehun watched Luhan’s peaceful face as he slipped away into the arms of slumber and he nuzzled against him, taking in the delicious scent as he also fell asleep. Once again, he let time slip away.

Returning at 4am, Sehun Ended up finding himself in the same situation as last time. He didn’t even know why he bothered to return home.

“Why are you showing up to my house late?”

Sehun just clenched his jaw shot, not bothering to answer him.

“Have you been fooling around with a girl?” His dad arched his brow and pushed Sehun’s shoulder back. Sehun just chuckled while looking to the side. Unbelievable, indeed.

Sehun knew it was coming but he wasn’t fast enough to get ahold of his cell phone. His dad took his phone and opened up to find his son cuddled up to some other boy on screen.

“IT wasn’t a girl.” Sehun coolly stated, leaving his father in a state of shock.

His dad clenched tightly onto the cellphone. “Who is this?”

Sehun just smirked. “Honestly, at this point, he’s just a friend.”

His dad scoffed. “A friend you say? Friends don’t look at each other like this! Are you… Are you gay?!”

Sehun looked away from his father as he thought for a minute. Gay, huh? Did he really like Luhan like that?

“You need to get your priorities straight, son. Being gay is wrong. Do you want people to look at you like you're some kind of freak?"

Sehun’s eyes snapped up angrily at his father.

 “Stop hanging out with people like him. He’s changing you son. I can see it. You like girls, you always have. So just stop it. Don’t embarrass us."

 “I won’t embarrass you.” He spit at his father once again. Sehun remembered Luhan’s words telling him to never back down from what he believes in. He held his chin up and looked at his father.

“There’s going to be a day, I’m probably not going to be here anymore. Do you want to remember our last moment as arguing father and son over the definition of love? The definition of love for me is Luhan! Just like for you its mom! Don’t let anything -whether its money or what- interfere with it! Just like I won’t let your standards affect mine!”

His dad stood there in shock. Satisfied, Sehun pushed through.

“Don’t look for me in the morning.”

Sehun snatched his phone back before heading upstairs after a while he slowly came down. “I love you father, please change your ways.” With that he left back upstairs.

His dad was left with deep words in his heart.

It was April 20th, Luhan was turning 23 years old and he wasn’t spending his birthday alone. Sehun had made sure to arrive at Luhan’s front door bright and early in the morning. He had called into work and asked their boss to give them the next few days off. Sehun was planning on making this a birthday Luhan would never forget.

Luhan opened up the front door sleepily and saw Sehun holding a big box happily. “Happy birthday!”

Luhan grinned and welcomed him in. “I thought we were just going to meet up for bubble tea in the afternoon.”

Sehun walked inside, taking his shoes off and heading into the kitchen. “I couldn’t wait.”

Luhan smiled softly behind him as he shut the door and followed Sehun into the kitchen. “Is that for me?” He questioned him, excited.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter