Jealous

Do you not think?

 

 

 

“Do you need any help mam?”

I turned to see a tall boy, about my age, in beige khakis and a navy polo; the store uniform. He had a short black haircut and warm brown eyes, complete with shining eye smiles.

“Actually you came at just the right time.” I smiled back before continuing, “I was wanting to get my boyfriend a gift, his birthday is coming up and I wasn’t quite sure what to get him. He has just about everything and when I asked he wouldn’t tell me he wants anything.” I explained as we walked over to a clothing display.

Just as the sales boy was talking about the shirts and other nice clothing in the display I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

“Babe, we gotta go.” Jaehyo’s tone was hard and abrupt. His arm tight around me as he lead me out of the store and back to the parking lot and to the car.

The drive was, well it was awkward. His face was frozen, no emotion what so ever and his body was stiff. Was something wrong? Was he mad? He was never like this.

Much like the car ride the walk to the apartment was occupied by an awkward silence.

“So when are you and that guy going out?” Jaehyo snapped as soon as we entered the apartment and the door was shut.

“What are you talking about?” I laughed at him as I walked to the bathroom the change.

“That guy in the store. He’s your new boyfriend right?” He seemed to get jealous over even small things, everything and anything if another guy was involved. Even if the guy was wearing the store uniform and spoke one word to me.

I looked at him in disbelief.

“Really? The sales boy? Jae just get ready to go and stop being jealous over 17 year old sales boys.” I kissed his cheek gently before going to fix my make-up.

***

Later that night we met up with some friends at a club just down the road. The club was small and the music was blaring from the inside. However there were never to many people there, making it nice to hang out in for a while and get some drinks and dance.

I ran my hand along Jaehyo’s arm, pressing myself to him I brushed my lips to his exposed chest.

However when he would usually press his lips to mine, nothing happened. I looked up to see his face still had a hard and stoic look, still laced with jealously.

“Ok baby, I’m going to go get a drink. When you get over the jealousy you are holding on to for no reason come find me ok?” I pet his cheek once before walking to the bar and ordering a drink.

Why did he have to be so jealous over a guy that was only helping me with what to get for him. Sometimes I questioned his sanity. And mine for loving and staying with him. But I couldn’t help it, I loved him no matter who stupid he acts sometimes.

I felt a presence behind me as I thought. I smiled thinking that it was Jaehyo and he had gotten it.

“So have your gotten ove it yet?” I asked before turning around. But instead of Jaehyo there was a different guy. He has dark blond hair and brown eyes, a small smirk was playing on his lips as his eyes scanned over my form.

“No, I haven’t quite gotten over how beautiful you are.” The stranger spoke in a soft, playful tone. Behind him I could see Jaehyo standing and glaring at the back of the cute stranger’s head. He was still jealous and this has probably just made the feelings worse. I smirked as I thought to myself, if he’s going to be jealous I might as well give him something to be jealous over.

I smiled back at the boy and giggled softly, letting a small blush cross my cheeks at his compliment. As we spoke I turned more to him and leaned in slightly, letting my brush my hand over his arm once in a while I smiled and giggled at what he had said. The whole time I kept an eye on Jaehyo, laughing internally at how jealous and upset he was getting.

It was only a few moments before I could see Jaehyo stomping towards the us, a scowl on his face. and in just seconds he was right behind the guy and tapping him on the shoulder. The ma turned to face Jaehyo’s hard face.

“I’d really like it if you’d stop flirting with my girlfriend.” Jaehyo’s tone was acidic.

“We were having a nice chat, so why don’t you just go back over there and I can show her what a real ma is like, instead of a sissy pretty boy.” The guys spoke, laughing at Jaehyo in the process.

Jaehyo’s eyes narrowed and in the blink of an eye his fist had connected with the strangers jaw. Leaving the guy on his on the floor. Jaehyo kicked his legs out of the way as he made his way over to me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me from the club.

“Were you trying to make me jealous? First the guys at the store and now that !” His voice was slightly raised. I looked up at him with wide eyes and a small smile on my face. I didn’t say anything just leant into him and buried my head in his chest.

“In there ya, a bit. But it was just ‘cause you were being stupid about the sales boy at the store. I don’t flirt with guys other than you. Sometimes you’re just too stupid and think things before knowing what’s going on.” I mumbled into his chest. He wrapped an arm around me and sighed.

“Sorry. I just don’t like how other guys look at you.” He mumbled back.

“Well, Jae, I don’t look at any other guy. Only you.”