Dream.

Dream come true.

“We dream to give ourselves hope. To stop dreaming - well, that’s like saying you can never change your fate.” 
― Amy Tan, The Hundred Secret Senses 
 
 

“Hyung are you okay?” the scary looking assistant teacher asked the docile student. “Ofcourse..” Suho answered, breaking into a smile with great difficulty which didn’t go unnoticed by the young teacher. “Hyung sometimes it’s okay to not be okay..” the red haired boy smiled sadly, trying to comfort the former.

“I know that Tao, but sometimes some people can’t afford to be weak.”  Suho sighed and walked into the shower room, ending the conversation there. ‘He thinks he can hide the pain and guilt he feels in his smile. Little does he know it’s very evident on his face.’ Tao sighed, leaving the topic at rest for now. 

Few days later

“Hyung I would like to invite you to come over to my pad and watch the match together tomorrow. You can’t say No!” Tao quickly said as Suho headed to the shower room after yet another wushu lesson. “What match Tao-ah?” Suho asked, a little hesitant. He wasn’t a very avid follower of sports. He would rather curl up in bed with a classic and read it from cover to cover for the hundredth time.

“The finals! Brazil vs. Argentina football finals!” Tao said, excitement making his eyes twinkle. “Y-you see I don’t follow football at all.” Suho said, awkwardly rubbing his neck. “Doesn’t matter. We’ll explain the rules to you. It'll be fun! When was the last time you did something fun?” Tao rattled off, not willing to let Suho back out. “Fine.” Suho agreed reluctantly. 

 

Suho’s POV

“I can’t really go empty handed tomorrow. I should take something with me. Should I buy some snacks? But I wouldn’t know what he’d like. I’ll bake some cookies then. Some chocolate chip cookies, they’re everyone’s favorites! Flour, sugar, butter, eggs, cocoa powder, chocolate chips.. Oh no! No chocolate chips. Now I’ll have to go to the mart. Just what I needed.’ I groaned.

It wasn’t like I wanted to go for the match at all. I got a packet of chocolate chips from the frozen section and made my way to the billing counter. A long line awaited me and I looked around to find some source of entertainment. The advertisement of the latest season of  ‘We Got Married’ with the MyungKyu  couple. I smiled remembering the times hyung would tease me when I’d watch WGM.

When I realized I had trespassed the danger zone, my eyes became a little misty and I held my head higher to stop a stray tear from falling. “Excuse me? I think you need this.” I heard someone say and I looked at my shoes not wanting to face the person. I noticed this man was wearing mismatched socks just as a tissue was pushed into my hand.

 Before I could thank the person he his heel and left. All I noticed was a flash of blonde. “Thank you Mr. Mismatched socks..” I said to nobody in particular and carried on with what I was supposed to be doing like before, feeling a little better due to a stranger’s care.

 

Third person’s POV 

The bell rang for the third time as Tao was in the kitchen helping Luhan put snacks together for the match later. “Yah Kai! Open the door!” he yelled. “Stupid lazy .” Tao muttered, causing the other to chuckle. “Hyung did you bring soju?” Kai asked Kris. “Kreasee hyuung!” Tao exclaimed happy, embracing the elder.

The bell rang again, indicating the arrival of another one to join the fun. “I brought cookies!” Suho started “Umm..hello everyone.” he ended with an awkward chuckle. “Hyung this is Luhan hyung and that’s Kai and this is Kris hyung.” Tao pointed at the respective people in the room. “Hello there..” Kai smirked and came forward to kiss Suho’s hand.

“Yah! Yah! Kai! Get away from him.. Hyung is too pure for you.” Luhan said with distaste. “Hyung there’s a different pleasure in corrupting the innocent ones.” Kai grinned. “Gross.” Kris muttered, rolling his eyes at the familiar scene. “Wait.. You’re Mr. WGM!” Luhan exclaimed, startling everyone in the room.

“Mr. Mismatched socks?” Suho asked, noticing Luhan had blonde hair. “I’m Luhan and you are?” Luhan asked, extending a hand forward. “Suho.” he smiled, grasping the hands forward. “Okay now that everyone is here let’s settle down. The match is going to start.” Tao said.

 

Suho’s POV

“Are you familiar with the Laws of the Game?” Luhan asked me.  “I’ll try and keep up.” I hesitantly said. “Hyung pass me that bottle of soju..” Tao requested Kris, as he was sprawled on his lap. “Get it yourself Tao-ah.” Kris said, not bothering to move. “Please hyung.. Buing-buing!” Tao cutely requested. “Fine.” Kris got up and got Tao a bottle. “Why do I even listen to him?” Kris groaned loudly.

“Cause you love him!” Kai answered, causing Kris to glare at him. He then looked at me causing me to look away. “Who are you all supporting?” Kai asked. “Brazil.” Kris and Tao answered in sync. “Get them Spain!” Luhan yelled enthusiastically, pumping a fist in the air. “Suho hyung?” Tao asked. “Whoever wins.” I shrugged, not knowing what else to say. During halftime, Brazil was leading by one goal.

“The Spanish are really y.” Kai stated dreamily, drooling at the cute players. “You’d find anything that has two legs and two hands y.” Luhan scoffed. “To be honest, I find their language really appealing. Then again, I’ve always had a thing for foreign languages and literature.” I added.

“Really? Me too!” Luhan exclaimed, suddenly causing Kris to laugh. I really don’t know what his problem was. He was an arrogant jerk and talked only when asked something directly or whispered in Tao’s ears. I know that they were together but then he was being plain rude unlike Tao.

 

Tao’s POV

“Can’t Luhan keep his hands to himself?” Kris hissed as he watched Luhan hold Suho’s hand. “Can’t you concentrate on the game hyung?” I teased. I had sensed that my brother was jealous of Luhan hyung some while back. “Hyung don’t mess around with Suho hyung. He’s been through enough already.” I warned him.

“I would want to know what. Have you noticed his eyes? They belong to someone who has been through so much..” Kris whispered. “I know hyung, I know..” I patted his shoulder. “Yes! It’s a victory for Spain! Boo-yeah!” Kai jumped on the couch. “Come down this instant!” Suho nagged Kai, causing everyone to laugh.

“Kai help me prepare ramyun now. Get up!” I pulled him up and dragged him to the kitchen. “Why me?! Take Kris hyung!” he whined. “I can boss over you not him.” I reasoned. “Please. That’s why you can get him to buy you Gucci.” Kai pouted. ‘I just want to make sure Kris gets a taste of hell.’ I thought and grinned.

Soon ramyun was done and everyone sat down for dinner. Looking at Kris’ face, he had one heck of a blast. “These cookies are amazing!” Kai exclaimed, grabbing a handful of them. “You should really teach me how to bake sometime!” Luhan requested, acting cute. “They’re okay.” Kris shrugged but I could see he liked them as he took another one. After all, hyung wasn’t the one for sweets.

Conversation flowed naturally between us and I was glad to see Suho hyung enjoy himself. Kris on the other hand was still being moody. “Hyung, relax. You’ll have your turn. I’ll make sure of it. Now smile!” I reassured him. Dinner ended with us exchanging numbers and us promising to meet again.

A few days later

“Hyung just call him. How is he supposed to know you’re interested?” I asked, completely frustrated. “Tao please mind your own business.” he said and walked out. “Hyung! If you don’t take a chance you’ll never really know..” I called out and he walked out of the door, slamming it shut. “Aish hyung.. He’ll go to the park and stare at nothing again, creeping out children.” I ruffled my hair in annoyance and got back to homework.

 

Third person’s POV

He made my way to the cemetery for the first time in six months. Placing a bunch of fresh daffodils on the slightly weathered grave, he traced the letters on the tombstone. Kim  Joonmin. Beloved son, brother, friend and fiancé. He could have been a great husband and father if he had had the chance. Tears made their way down his face for he couldn’t stop them now. He had been strong for too long.

After a few minutes he quietly made his way to the park where they would play as kids. He closed his eyes and leaned back, pushing the pain back to a dark corner of his mind. He had given up trying to erase it. “Sometimes, it okay to be not okay..” a deep, husky voice said. “Funny Tao said the same thing to me once.” Suho remembered.

“Being smart is in our genes.” Kris joked, trying to make the atmosphere less tense. “Genes?” Suho questioned, glad for the change of topic. “He’s my dongsaeng. He has to be like me.” Kris shrugged. “Oh. I thought… Nevermind.” Suho fumbled, blushing a little because of the misconception.

“Would you tell me your story Suho?” Kris asked. “Not every story is to be told Kris.” Suho said, a sad smile tugging the corner of his lips. “Bake me some cookies?” Kris suddenly requested, surprising Suho. “I thought they were just okay..” Suho teased, amused at situation. “I apologise for being a jerk that day, I was not in the best of moods. Glad to know I amuse you though.. Now come on!” Kris chuckled, holding out his hand for Suho to take.

They made their way to Suho’s apartment with their hands entwined and a light banter going on between them. “It’s a little messy.” Suho stated as he switched on the lights. “If you call this messy then I think you’ll call my apartment a dump yard.” Kris frowned. “Well then I’ll just have to help you clean isn’t it?” Suho smiled angelically.

 

Kris’ POV

‘Why does that sound so exciting even though I hate cleaning? Oh that’s because my crush wants to help me clean.’ I thought to myself and smiled. All this while I hadn’t noticed I was blindly following Suho around. Suho presently wearing a pink apron saying ‘Domestic Goddess’in loopy handwriting. When he noticed what I was staring at a delicious color rose to his cheeks.

“I-I don’t have another..I c-can’t bake without it..” he stuttered, trying to explain. “I think it’s cute.” I said, making him stop, eyes wide. “Well thanks I guess, I’ll get to work now.” he said and turned around. “You can go watch some television if you’re bored.” he offered. “I’m fine here.” I smiled, truly enjoying myself. It was fascinating to see how his eyebrows furrowed in concentration while measuring ingredients and how he narrowed his eyes while adding to the dough.  

“You know I want to be a cookie.” I stated, startling him. “Excuse me?” he asked, probably wondering if he had hurt right. “My mom would say all the pain and sadness in the world is like bitter tea. No one likes having it but when you’re forced to do it you need a cookie to help you. That always makes it less bitter. I want to be a cookie so that I can help you.” I told him.

“My hyung was the best in the world..” he started after a pause, sitting on the chair next to me. He told me how he was attacked by a gang and his hyung saved him and that’s why he takes martial arts lessons. My shirt was wet with his tears and I hugged him till he had calmed down. “Sorry for your shirt..” he mumbled, pushing himself off me. I just smiled at him.

“It’s raining. I like the rain. I’ll get us some warm milk and cookies, they are perfect for this weather.” he stated. “One more thing..” I said, catching his wrist before he got up. “I may not know Spanish yet but I’m willing to learn for you. For now, Me Gustas. I like you.. Date me?”I asked.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out to the balcony before I could comprehend what was going on. “Suho I’m sorry if I offended you, I’ll lea—“  I apologized before I was cut off my his lips on mine. Heat flooded my body and I pulled him closer, my heart beating erratically. “I always fantasized of my first kiss in the rain. I guess some wishes do come true.” he smiled. “Is that a yes?” I laughed, knowing in my heart this was the start of something so very special. 

 


 

A\N: So here it is! My first time writing a boyxboy fic so please tell me how it was.. (though I imagined suho to be a girl for sometime in my head.. he's SO beautiful anyway)

Also check out my other oneshots and ongoing story.. 

Thank you so much! 

Comment and subscribe!  Upvote if you readly liked it :p

Happy Reading! (: