Unexpected Love

Unexpected Love

After long tedious years of arguing and lack of love for each other, my mom and dad finally decided to end their relationship for good. I was still in my fifth year in elementary when that thing happened and for me that was the crucial part of my life. At first, I didn’t understand why they did that and whenever I’m asking them why, they always tell me that it’s for my own goof. That’s right, for my own damn good. I didn’t believe that statement and in my opinion they’ve only done that for their own sake. Because I’m an only child, I don’t have a sister or a brother to comfort me about my feelings, because of that I got depressed each passing days. After the annulment case was finally over, my mom took over of my custody which means that I will stay in my mother’s house. That was the first part of my life that I don’t want to remember.

            But before I continue to narrate my journey of life, I want to introduce myself, I’m Dara Park. Everyone always say that I have my own world, probably because of the fact that I often don’t interact with other people, that I’m always quiet. But I don’t blame them, probably they were right. Even though people think that way, there’s still one person who think I’m special and lovable. He was my childhood friend and he knows the reason why I’m like this. And that is Kwon Ji-Yong.

            I graduated elementary and high school with no mom or dad watching the biggest event of my life, I was alone that time. Feeling of insecurities filled my heart, luckily Ji-Yong and his mother comforted me. I brought that insecurities when I entered college, I was still in my usual self, alone and quiet. Ji-Yong and I entered in the same college as always, even our course was the same. On our first few weeks in college, Ji-Yong was convincing me to change, to bring back the Dara that he knew before my parents parted ways. Those words were in my mind for days and in the end I’ve followed his advice. I became cheerful and active and friendly, because of that the people who knew me before was shocked, and they’re not used to my new self and look.

            I was starting to like my new self and Ji-Yong was very happy, I owe him a lot. Because of my new look, a lot of admirers and suitors came up to me and one of them was Lee Dong Hae. Dong Hae was known in our school as the campus’ heartthrob, because of that I became popular in our school and many girls envy me. Ji-Yong didn’t like all the attention that they’ve been giving me and he thought that Dong Hae was just playing. He was being paranoid that time but no matter how I explained it, he really stressed that Dong Hae wasn’t serious on me. Sensing that we’re going to have a fight, Ji-Yong changed the topic. But I want to prove that Ji-Yong was wrong, so I finally agreed to be Dong Hae’s girlfriend. Ji-Yong was furious at me, he didn’t talk to me for days, weeks and even months even we’re on the same class and organization. I let the situation the way it was, if he don’t want to talk to me, fine! I don’t need him anyway. But I was wrong and Ji-Yong was right because I caught Dong Hae cheating on me. I was hurt deeply and I don’t know how to react on my situation. Again I’m alone. I relieved the days when my parents separated, the days that I don’t want to look back.

            Loneliness, the word that I don’t want to experience but was going on that time. I don’t have anyone, my only friend was still mad at me and my mother? She was still busy as hell at her work and has no time for me. Depression slowly filled my body, mind, heart and soul. I thought that I will again be back on those days that I have my own world and no one will understand me. But one day, a familiar face came up to me, a face that I’m longing for, then I felt that my tears were flowing madly like waterfalls. And then he hugged me, probably to ease the pain inside of me, I apologized to him repeatedly. Afterward, the words that came out his mouth shocked me; he admitted to me that he loved me and I’m his first and only love, and that he regrets the time that he never spoke to me. He was still hugging me when he said those words, and then he let me go and looked straight into my eyes. He wanted me to be his girl, I’ve known him since our childhood days and I felt the security whenever we’re together, so I didn’t think twice and agreed with him.

            Those things came back to me like a flash, on the very special moment of my life, our WEDDING. And until now he still gives me unconditional love and a promise that he’s mine and I’m his FOREVER.