Rumor Has It...

Tales of Im Yoona and Seo Joohyun

Yoona’s POV

 

As I walked into the classroom and took my seat I leaned my head on my hand.

Sigh. “Just another normal, boring day at school…” or so I thought.

 

After my AP Chem class finally ended, I walked to my next class in somewhat of a daze.  It was early into the day and I had no idea what I was supposed to have learned in chem.

 

As I walked into the classroom and sat down in my seat at the front, I heard whispers and felt stares on my back.
Since I felt that they meant nothing, I lazily took my books out and copied the initial notes.
Sigh. English is boring, but Honors English is honorably boring.

 

I laughed quietly and mentally hi-fived myself for my lame joke until I noticed my friend nudging me.

3rd period Honors English was a terribly boring class, but thankfully many of my friends were in it with me.

 

I looked behind me to find several of my friends staring at me with Cheshire cat smiles and raised eyebrows.

 

Confused, and still only half awake, I simply rose an eyebrow and muttered a short, almost inaudible, “what?”

 

Taeyeon, one of my older and louder friends hollered at me, “WHO IS ITTTT???”

This outburst got a few of my other classmates staring at me as they conversed quietly to each other.

 

I was still quite tired so I yawned a little.  This made two of my other friends stop talking and comment at how cute I was.

This was all very weird to me…I just sat there dazed with the WTF expression on my face.  I thought to myself, “What the heck is happening? I’m supposed to be one of those invisible asian kids.”

Since my friends all sensed my confusion, they began to come up with their own conclusions.

 

They began whispering amongst themselves while I lazily copied down the new slide of notes.  As I was doing this, I half-heartily tried to listen to what the heck they were talking about.

The only words I caught were “She” “got busy” and “boyfriend”

 

I yawned again and this time, my friend Sooyoung, who sat adjacent to me, nudged me.

Sooyoung: Hey, save those cute yawns for your boyfriend. –winks-

 

I blinked and just stared at her blankly. Man I was slow that morning!

Suddenly, my friend Tiffany, who thought I was really cute gasped.

Tiffany: OHH MYYY GODD! MY LITTLE YOONA HAS A BOYFRIEND?

 

I looked at the two of them still with a blank expression.

Soon, my eyes widened a bit and I blinked several times.

I felt my face turn a light shade of pink as I froze in my spot.

“What?” I said in a very small voice.

After muttering my second word of the day, the bell rang and all my friends surrounded me at my desk.  I’m surprised the teacher didn’t yell at me…although she did start giving me surprising stares…

 

Surrounded, I was bombarded question after question.  After my face returned to its natural color, I took a deep breath.

“Who told you guys I had a boyfriend?  It’s not true.”

 

Simultaneously, my friends in that room muttered a disappointed “aww” or a relieved “phew”.
Some were interested in “the innocent girl’s (non-existent) love life” while most were glad my innocence was kept.

 

Soon, the classroom began to empty out. Yuri, my friend who shares a similar schedule, muttered disappointedly on the way out, “I thought you got together with Seunggi oppa.”

 

I giggled at her as she left but then I began to think about it.

“Hmm Seunggi oppa sure is nice though…” I thought to myself out loud.

 

Suddenly, I felt two arms wrap around myself and was embraced in a familiar backhug.

Seohyun: You’re not going out with Seunggi oppa, right?

 

I smiled at my best friend and replied somewhat proudly, “Of course not.”

 

Seohyun: Good.  Um. I heard he was really mean to girls with pretty doe eyes.  And and he’s really fat underneath his loose clothes…he wears a wig too!

I laughed really hard as we walked toward the library.  “Did you hear these ‘facts’ from the same person who’s been telling everyone I have a boyfriend?”

 

Seohyun: -pouts- …No I just made them up.

I laughed again just as hard.  “Clearly!  Seohyunnie, you’re not the type to go around spreading rumors.  What’s going on?”

 

Seohyun: -sighs- Fine. Fine.  Seunggi oppa is a nice person but don’t go out with him!”

 

Me: Eyy I already told you I’m not going out with anyone…but why not?

 

Seohyun: -takes a deep breath- Because…(in a really tiny voice) Iwanttobewithyou.

 

I stared at her blankly. “What?”

Seohyun: I. Want. To. Be. With…

 

Suddenly, the stuck up librarian glared at the both of us and yelled, “BE QUIET! THIS IS A LIBRARY!”

 

This made me laugh very hard and I said, “the irony” between laughs.

Apparently, the librarian was serious and pointed at the two of us, gesturing us to the door.

 

My best friend then took my hand and led me to the spare room next to the principal’s office.  I looked back at her and, still giggling, muttered “sorry”

Seohyun looked back at me and couldn’t help but break out in laughter also.

 

Seohyun: It’s okay, getting kicked out of the library was a team effort…but still we weren’t that loud anyway. –pouts-

 

Me: It’s okay Hyunnie.  At least we’re alone now and we can get our work done~

 

Seohyun stared back at me, but this time her eyes seemed a bit hazier.

 

Seohyun: Um Yoona. About what I was saying earlier…I want to be with you.

 

Me: Hmm? Aren’t we together right now?

 

Seohyun: Ugh Yoona seriously. You’re more innocent than me here.

 

As I was about to mutter something in my defense, Seohyun grabbed the edges of my face in both her hands and kissed me softly, but passionately on the lips.

 

I felt like I was melting…but my spirit felt like it was soaring…

Is this what evaporation was like? …Maybe I have learned something in chem….

As I was thinking all this, my arms s around her neck and I heard the door creak open a bit…

Although my spirit was soaring, I faintly heard the slam of the door and Yuri screaming: “YOONA’S GOT A GIRLFRIEND! YOONA’S GOT A GIRLFRIEND!”

 

Rumor has it tomorrow’s going to be dejavu…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah...the first half of this story happened to me XD

I came into class one day and my friends were all gasping and whispering about me.  I was half-asleep and didn't notice they were whispering about me until my friend behind me blatantly asked me "whos your boyfriend?!"

I was yawning and rubbing my eyes but I couldnt hide my slight blush. Despite this I quickly dismissed all accusations and did my all my work hoping it would make me "that invisible asian kid" again.

Yup. Author-shi's still considered the innocent baby in high school...whatcha gonna do?
I bet the school's gonna burn down the day I do get a significant other XD

until then, stay awesome readers!

P.S

sorry i havent been updating- i'm out of ideas and nothing really interesting has been happening to me kekeke

author-shi's love life is non-existent :P

anyways, don't be afraid of commenting! I really enjoy reading them!

....and authorshi needs love advice -hides in corner-