Final

Bad Dreams

 

The girl screamed loudly, her eyes wet from the tears streaming down her soft cheeks. Her dark tangles of hair were messy and knotted from being neglected for so long. Bruises covered her arms and legs, received both from her abusive parents and her own clumsiness. Empty prescription bottles stood on her nightstand, their strict instructions in capital letters now useless. She could feel herself succumbing to the medication, her head spinning, her heart beating rapidly. She could feel her life being wiped away slowly, like an old computer deleting all its files. The terrible memories, the occasional  but extremely rare pleasant ones, the few friends, the medications, the stress, the tears, the screams, the pain- all slowly fading away from her numb mind. Before she knew it, she was lying on the floor, with nothing but an empty blackness surrounding her.
 
__________________________
 
 
She shot up from bed, gasping. Tears were rolling down her already wet, flushed cheeks. She stared at the mirror across from the queen sized bed. Her wavy hair tumbled down her sides, soft and luscious. Her flawless skin glowed slightly in the sunlight peeking in through the windows, and her long legs stretched out in front of her completely smooth and bruise free. 
 
She wiped her tears away, her cheeks slightly pink with embarrassment. Suddenly, she felt a pair of lean arms wrap around her, holding her so close that she felt not even a serial killer could harm her at that moment. 
 
"Did you have the dream again?" the low, sweet voice whispered in her ear, his warm breath giving her butterflies in her sensitive stomach. 
 
"I don't know how to stop it, Jongin," she whispered back shakily, refusing to speak normally fearing her voice would crack. She felt his thumbs gently caress her cheeks, wiping away any stray tears. They were soon replaced by his soft, comforting lips, making her heart flip over and over until she felt so genuinely loved that she knew nothing could stop the man behind her from letting anything hurt her. 
 
"I don't like when you think of those times, my love," he murmured softly, a tint of sorrow in his breathtaking voice. She immediately felt guilt, but she wasn't sure why. She knew it wasn't her fault for having those dreams. Perhaps she hated upsetting him. He was a hard worker, extremely skilled and talented with his profession. He didn't deserve to see his own girlfriend so upset around him. She turned herself around to face him, looking up into his compassionate eyes staring back down into hers. His messy hair was starting to fall into his face, and before he could fix it, she fixed it herself, the bangs away gently with her fingers. His plush lips immediately curled up into a slight smile, his warm hands taking hers. He leaned in slowly, never breaking eye contact. She watched him, knowing what was coming. They had shared several kisses in their two years of dating, but not one kiss went by without her heart shivering from anticipation and happiness. The second he pressed his lips against hers, her eyes closed.
 
The blackness surrounded her once more, but it wasn't empty or filled with pain and misery. Her senses were numb to everything except his touch, whether it was his breath trickling down her lips and skin or his hands rubbing her waist slowly and sensually, making her love for him expand more and more with each passing second. When she felt as if she were about to explode, he nudged her down gently onto her back and crawled over her, his lips still on hers kissing her passionately and lovingly. She allowed herself to fall back lightly onto the bed, her head hitting the soft pillow once more. His tongue ran across her lips ever-so-slightly, silently begging for entrance to explore the cavern it had enjoyed so many times before. Her hands gently touched his face, holding his cheeks as she absorbed the fact, for the millionth time, that he was all hers. She allowed him entrance, letting him taste every inch of her cavern with his sweet, playful tongue. When it prodded hers, she nudged his back, a quiet and pleased moan escaping and flowing into his own mouth. When he finally pulled away, his eyes were filled with lust and passion. His mouth was still slightly open, his breath falling onto hers as his bare toned chest barely moved up and down. She stared up at him, admiring his perfection. She had no idea how she had been lucky enough to win his heart, but she appreciated it every single day. A slight twinkle appeared in his naturally mischievous looking eyes, a smile gracing his lips.
 
"I love you so much. Promise me you'll tell me if anything is upsetting you, neh?"
 
She smiled up at him, her own eyes twinkling as well.
 
"Nothing can upset me as long as you're with me, Jongin. You know that."
 
"Ah, I guess I'm just that good of a boyfriend, hm?"
 
She giggled at his cocky expression, whacking his chest lightly. But her expression changed from playful to serious within a few seconds, looking at him with nothing but truthfulness in her eyes.
 
"You are, Jongin. I would have been so lost without you, honestly." She kissed him softly, letting him register her words before continuing softly. "Thank you for always being there. You're the best boyfriend ever."
 
He immediately looked at her seriously, pressing his lips to her forehead lovingly murmuring.
 
"Of course I'll always be there for you, it's my job. And I trust you with my life. You're the one who should be getting 'the best' award here. Do you know how happy you make me?"
 
She pulled his face so his lips were back to hers, kissing him with love and happiness. Nothing made her more happy than he did, but she knew that he knew that already. She would be in the same state she was two years ago if she hadn't met him. She may have even been dead if she hadn't met him.
 
He deepened the kiss, but didn't force his tongue into again. They only continued to kiss sweetly and lovingly, sometimes pulling away to look into each other's eyes before kissing again.
 
"I want to see you happy all the time," he finally said, looking down at her with his signature pout. She laughed softly, touching his lips.
 
"I wish it were that easy, but you do help a lot."
 
"Next time you have that dream, I'm going to swoop in and save you from it."
 
She laughed at his determined gaze, touched by how caring he was towards her. He was always like this, and she could never just get used to it. She had never been treated like this by anyone in her entire life. "How will you do that?" she asked amused, smiling.
 
"I'll burst in and kiss you and take you out for ice cream and love you forever and ever." He cocked his head. "So basically, I'll turn your dream into real life."
 
She couldn't even think of words to say in response to his cute idea. He knew the dream just as well as she did, even though he had never had it himself. He knew her life and struggles so well, he always knew what to say and do to make her feel better. She stared at him in silence, wondering yet again how she could have gotten so lucky to have him for her own. He looked back down at her, tilting his head confused. 
 
"Baby? Did I break you? Why aren't you responding to me?"
 
She blinked and smiled up at him sweetly, poking his nose. "Sorry, Jongin. I just.." she sighed happily, somewhat to herself. "I just love you a lot."
 
He immediately grinned, laying beside her and hugging her close to his warm body. "I love you. Sooooo much. More than anything in the entire world."
 
Soon after when she drifted off to sleep, there were no more terrible memories or flashbacks invading her dreams. Instead she dreamed of her new life, her happy life with her sweet, sweet boyfriend, Kim Jongin.