One

The Rising

 

 

 

 

 

It was a fine morning to start a day. Scramble eggs filled up  the air with its aroma. Freshness of coffee that make you jump on your sit. But not to this six young teenagers. Their face plastered with  serious look. Their forehead sprinkle and layered.That was unusual atmosphere in the mansion. Usually, they will joke around with each other, humming the “This Old Man” together or put on some pranks to the old one. But today, the mansion or to be exact, mansion, were silent. Too silent. The only sound that lingering around them were the sound of wok and spatula meet each other.
They gather on dining table and sit properly on the place.None of them tried to open the mouth and speak.

 

One of their servants serve the breakfast and carefully put them on the table without making any noise. She can feel the tense between them and she hate it.She still can’t make herself comfortable around them with this kind of atmosphere. A heavy sigh apppear from the leader mouth. Then followed by others.


“ Eat.We need a lot of energy today” speak as a leader, Eungi commands to his friend eventhough it actually sound like a plead.He then dig the scramble egg and shove in his tiny mouth.He then continue,
“As what we had discuss last night, we will split into two groups.Jineun,Youngjae.Take care of my sister”
The male one nodded as he munching the rest of his sanwich.Only the lead had spoken while the rest decided to keep their mouth shut and finishing their food.

 

 

“Excuse me”
At last, the youngest one open up and stood up. She wipes the left-over at the corner of her lips.
“Where to?” Ask Maru who sit beside her with a curious look plastered on his angelic face
“Practice room”
Maru nod his head as he understands.Eungi eyed his sister walks toward the room at the end of the kitchen until she disappear in the pitch black of the room.
“Take care of her. I mean it” He emphasize the the word mean
“Don’t worry to much,Eungi.She’s grown up,man!” Aphrodite tries to lighten up the atmosphere. Along with the last sentence, she make the ‘tsk’ sound.She shook her head on Eungi’s over concern.Which he shouldn’t.

 

 

It's not that Haneun was the weakest in the group, in fact, she was the strongest between them.But,without any speacial ability like others have, she might not able to fight the one with powers.
Power.Superpower.Special ability.
Yes.They do have them.Except Haneun.But, it never bother her.She is the goddess of martial arts and swords. No one should judge her skill.

 

 

“I’m done”
Maru wipes the left-over on his lips with napkin and stood up
“Better don’t!” Aphrodite blurted.She knows where Maru plan to go and she can predict what’s going to happen next.She can feel the anger that linger in the practice room
“She’s on her temper.You might get hurt once you enter the room ”
After awhile,he sits on his place back. Maru knows that Aphrodite always right.Who can against The Great Diviner after all?

 

“I should not letting you to told her,Eungi”
Aphrodite knows that she should stop Eungi from telling the truth about their guardians to Haneun last night.She then heaved a really big sigh
Eungi brought his elbow on the table and clasping the both hands together
“I know but I had to.She needs to keep that Crystal”

 

Outside the house,weather start to change.The sky turn into grey and thunder start to be heard.Thunder continuous banging  with lightning flash in the sky.But still,the rain never fall.
“Yah,Jineun!Stop it right now!”
Youngjae knows that his sister were madly mad with Eungi.He saw the change on her face when Eungi permanantly wants Haneun to keep the Crystal.
Haneun was very close to her and she already treats her as her own little sister.The Crystal was nothing but a burden to Haneun since she doesn’t have any power to prevent it from taking her energy away.
The Crystal absorb energy and make it wears tired than usual.Jineun thought that gave the Crystal to Haneun was a really big mistake.

 

“Yah,you scared the citizen!” Maru hissed at Jineun act
She clenched her fist and glance at Eungi
“She able to control it.Believe me” Voice of Eungi appear in her head
Thunder slowly disappear and lightning start to decrease.But then,

THOOM!

One big loud thunder hit the land of the Earth.
“What if she can’t?!She is hurting,Eungi!” No one hitched at her high pitch voice.
“She will hurt herself..” More to whisper,the sentence sounds most like concern and hurting.


Slowly she stood up and leave the table.A sigh slipped again from Eungi’s mouth.He didn’t expect that Jineun will that mad
“Get ready.Gather in the living room for anathor 1 hour” He sent it to all 5 mind and then follows Jineun’s step.

 

 

+++

 

 

 

"Once again, why we didn't move in one group?" Aphrodite asked with a big unsatisfy look on her face
"And why am I in your group" she then continue
Eungi rolled his eyes
"Because I can't count on you to take care of my sister"
"Hey, I'm a great babysitter, don't you know that?"
"Yah!"
Both of Eungi and Aphrodite startled when Haneun suddenly yelled from behind
"I'm not a baby, for God sake! Tsk!"
"Childish" use Youngjae while rolling his eyes
"I heard that!" shout Eungi and Aphrodite in chorused
The sound of 'Tsk' were heard from both mouth

 


 

[A/N] So how le first chapter? Am I considered as an Author? Hm?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~