Chapter 11

I was friendzoned by my best friend Park Chanyeol (Hiatus)

Jin-Hee's POV

"No. I love you Jin-Hee" I stood there, frozen, shocked, speechless. I don't know what to feel nor what to say. I just feel like my world has completely stopped hearing those three words I've always wanted to hear from him, my best friend, my first love, my first heartbreak.

All this time, I thought it was just a one-sided. All this time, I regretted every choice I made for him back then. All this time, I thought he wasn't worth it. All this time, I thought he chose something stupid over our friendship. All this time, I thought  he didn't love me but here he is right now confessing his love for me.

But what about Kris? No matter how much I loved Chanyeol back then, I just can't throw away what we have right now just to be with Chanyeol. He was there when I almost gave up on my life. He was there when no one was. I just can't give up on him. I just can't hurt him.I can't be unfair.I love him, believe me I do.

He held my hand and looked right into my eyes. "Be with me Jin-Hee. I'll make it up on you, I promise." I sighed and released from his hold. "I can't. I love Kris. I'm sorry Yeol. I guess you're too late."  

Tears began to fall from his eyes. He fell on his knees and held my hand again, tighter this time. I tried to stop him but-- "Give me a chance to prove how much I love you Jin-Hee, please." He begged. "I'm sorry Yeol. I just can't" He looked down. "Don't you love me Jin-Hee?" Of course I do, but I guess its better off if we just stay friends. "I love you Yeol but---"

"You love him?!" I turned around only to see Kris behind me. "Kris-- it's not what you thin--" But before I could continue he grabbed my hand with all his force and pushed me away.

I groaned as my body hit the floor hard. I tried to get up but I just couldn't. The scene in front of me is adding up to the pain. Kris punching Chanyeol over and over again. He was trying to fight back but I can see his face all red and nose bleeding. 

"Kris, stop it!" I yelled but I guess it wasn't loud enough for him to hear.  "Kris!" I yelled again but still he didn't hear me. I gathered all my strength and stood up.

Kris was about give another punch but I stopped his hand. He looked at me with eyes full of anger. At that time, I thought he was going to stop but he only pushed me hard and my body fell back to the floor. My body can't bear the pain anymore. "Kris. Stop it...Chanyeol." I said before everything went black.
___________      

Music playing, birds singing, flowers dancing. "Jin-Hee ah~ I wanna show you something." I smiled and followed him to our bedroom. "What is it?" He hugged me from the back and kissed the back of my neck. I giggled. "Cover your eyes first." He whispered. I did what I was told to. I felt him release from the hug and I can hear the sound of the drawer open and close.

He went back to our position before and put something around my neck.  Once he was done he turned me so that I can face him. "Open your eyes now." I nodded and removed my hands from my eyes. I gasped and hugged him. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

It was a heart shaped locket with our pictures in it. "Do you like it?" I smiled. "I love it. Happy Anniversary Babe" He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Happy 3rd Anniversary Babe." I was about to get my present from the shelf when someone suddenly knocked on the door really hard.

"Coming!" Chanyeol yelled. The knocking didn't stop. I furrowed my brows and followed Chanyeol outside. "I said I'm coming." I heard him yell. When he opened the door, I heard a gunshot.

I ran to see what happened only to see Chanyeol on the floor, full of blood and K.... Kris holding a gun.                                                                                                                                               

"Jin-Hee! Gwaenchana?!" Someone kept shaking me. I opened my eyes only to see myself sweating hard. I took a deep breath and looked around me. "Sunbae?" I moved away. What is sunbae doing here? "I'm so sorry for what happened before Jin-Hee. I mean no harm. I'm here to help you." 

"What happened? Who brought me here?" I asked. "Don't you remember anything?" I tried to think and then I remembered. "Where's Kris? Is Chanyeol alright?" Sunbae nodded. "Kris and Chanyeol were called up to suspension because of fighting and.."


"And? I asked impatiently. "And Chanyeol was admitted to the hospital because of great damage on his face." Chanyeol.. This is all because of me. "I need to go sunbae." I stood up and was about to open the door but sunbae stopped me.

"Take a rest first Jin-Hee. It can wait." 

"Wait? are you serious sunbae? You obviously don't understand. I need to go. Not tomorrow, not later. NOW!"

I got rid of his hand but he held it again. "Look I understand Jin-Hee but you need to take care of yourself first Jin-Hee." I smiled at him. "I'll be fine. Trust me Sunbae."

___________________

It's already 8 pm and there are not much cabs passing. I need to go see Chanyeol and check how he is. This is my fault and i just can't wait until tomorrow. I need to see him as soon as possible. 

"Ugh finally." A cab stopped in front me. I smiled and greeted the ahjussi who opened the car window. I was about to opened the door but a guy appeared behind me and covered my nose with a handkerchief. "NOOOOOOO---" and everything went black.

__________________

Chanyeol's POV

I opened my eyes and tried to sit up but my body didn't allow me. Every move I made, made me groan in pain. . Even if I try, it's useless. I closed my eyes and sighed. If only I confessed to Jin-Hee before, then this wouldn't happen.

I opened my eyes. There's no one here. No one even stayed nor visited their poor friend? I glanced at the clock. It was already 8:30 pm. Well it's  lil late. Maybe I should just go back to sleep. 

Kringg. Kring.. I tried to reach for my phone. Thank God it was only inches away from me. "Yoboseyo?" 

"CHANYEOL! WHATEVER SHE'S GONNA SAY DON'T LISTEN TO HER." I grew worried. "Jin-Hee? Jin-Hee-shi is that you?!" I asked. "YES. DON'T LISTE------" Someone laughed from the other line. "Jin-Hee? Yah! Don't hurt her or--"

"Or what? Don't tell me you're gonna come here riding an old granny's wheelchair" She laughed wickedly. "I'm warning you Jiyeon. Touch her and you'll pay." She scoffed. "Touch. Touch. Touch. See? I'm touching her. Now what?"

"What do you want Jiyeon?" She sighed. "You know what I want Chanyeol." she acted impatient."You know I don't love you so stop this nonsense and let her go." She yawned. She is not taking this seriously. Help me oh God. "It's not that easy baby."

"Fine. Let's meet up." She laughed from the other. 

 

"Fine. Just make sure you go alone if you still want to see her alive."