Never Forgotten

Never Forgotten [Sungmin Oneshot]

Hi lovelies!!! Hope you're all ready for a Sungmin scenario because thats what this is haha! Can I just take a moment and spazz about how perfect the pictures are?!? It was so hard for me to even find pictures of him holding a gift box LOL. I just thought it was appropriate since this is indeed a birthday scenario :D Happy belated birthday once again to my dearest friend mrsevilsheep! <3 Love you! Hope you guys enjoy!      


          Your eyes slowly peeled open as the sun's golden rays peeked through the creme blinds and kissed your skin. It was the start of a new day, but not just any day--it was your birthday! Today was the day you've been looking forward to all month and now that you've been living with Sungmin for the past year you were even more excited for this day. You had absolutely no clue to what he had in store for you, but you knew for sure he must have something planned. Sungmin was easily the most sweetest guy you have ever met and you were so lucky to have him walk into your life. He treated you so well--sometimes even better than you thought you deserved.

            Just yesterday when you returned from work, you came home to the alluring aroma of fresh ramen and a spotless sink completely cleared of dishes. He always managed to surprise you when you least expected it which was one of the many things you loved about him. As you began to grow accustomed to the sun's beaming rays, you then turned over with lips curled hoping to greet Sungmin next to you--but what you see instead is an empty side of the bed. The smile from your face gradually dissipated like dew drops from flower petals. You had high hopes all week that he would take the day off from work to spend time with you on your birthday, so waking up to an empty side of the bed left you feeling a little dispirited. You sighed exasperatedly as you glued your back to the headboard. 

Guess I'm just gonna have to wait till tonight to actually celebrate...

           Of course you weren't mad at him because you knew how demanding the idol life could be. If there wasn't a dance rehearsal, there was a studio recording, and if there wasn't a studio recording there was photo shoot. One way or the other, Sungmin always had his hands full. It was a miracle how he managed to even get any sleep through it all, let alone still walk around smiling brightly.

           You glanced over at your nightstand to check the time when your eyes were captured by something else--your cellphone. Tossing your sapphire blue bed sheets aside, you swung your feet to the floor and grabbed your phone off the nightstand. You figured if he had to leave in such a rush he would have definitely sent you a text message. Unlocking your phone, you gaze intently at the screen, but the sparks in your eyes soon burned out like a match. Nothing. There was nothing but an empty inbox and zero voicemails to go along with it. You couldn't believe it, this wasn't like him especially considering he always left you messages in the morning. Of all days, how could he forgot today? Unless...he forgot that today was in fact your birthday. You shook your head wildly at the mere thought of that. You knew Sungmin was way too compassionate to forget something like this. Who knows, maybe he got caught up in a more intense schedule than usual so he didn't get the chance to send you a message yet. Either way, you knew your Sungmin well so you had total confidence that his message would be coming soon. 

           You then went about your normal morning routine, keeping your cell phone close to you at all times to the extent that you even put your phone in a ziploc bag when you had to shower. However, even with all these efforts there was still no word from Sungmin and it was almost noon. As much as you didn't want to admit it, your hope was beginning to crumble like an ancient statue. You had made yourself some ramen for lunch and set it on the table. Your unfortunate table of one--which was the last way you wanted to eat especially on a day like this. Just as you were about to reach for your dragon printed chopsticks, the room suddenly filled with Super Junior's Someday--your ringtone. You immediately snatched your phone off the table and slammed it against your ear nearly knocking yourself out.

         "Yubsaeyo?!?" you answered eagerly with eyes lit up like fireflies.

          "Hey Jagiya!" Your heart almost instantly began to melt into a pile of slush at the mere sound of his voice ringing in your ears. 

          "Ya oppa! What took you so long?" you whined jutting out your lower lip. 

          "Aigoo- mianhaedha ________-ah. We had a studio recording right after dance rehearsal so I couldn't even dig my phone out, let alone catch my breath" Sungmin joked. You chuckled along with him feeling your heart come to an ease after realizing your instincts were right all along. His schedule was indeed the reason for the sudden tardiness. 

          "It's okay oppa, you're talking to me now so that's all that matters. I've been wanting to speak to you all day since the second I woke up!"

           "Aw Jagiya! I've been wanting to talk to you! I have something to tell you!" Sungmin exclaimed excitedly like a kid at the candy store. Your lips soon curled into a smile and you could feel your cheeks growing pink.

          "Well I'm all ears! What is it?" you asked curiously despite the fact you obviously knew what it was.

           "It's our new album ________-ah!!!! It's number one on the Gaon album chart rankings and it's only been a week since the album dropped! We all can't believe it!!!" Although this wasn't exactly what you were waiting to hear, you were still ecstatic.

           "Omo jinja?!? Daebak!!! I'm so proud of you oppa!" you cheered.

            "Komowayo _________-ah!"

            "I'm so happy for you boys! This is such great news! Now this gives us two things to celebrate when you get home tonight!" you exclaimed clapping your hands enthusiastically as you struggled to keep the phone between your shoulder and ear. 

            "Eh? Two things? What's the other thing jagi?" Sungmin asked sounding utterly clueless. In that moment, your phone almost dropped to the floor. He forgot. He actually forgot and now you were speechless. Your heart felt like it had just sank into your stomach like an iron anchor. At this point, you didn't even know what to say to him. You just felt like spending the rest of the day crawled up in bed by yourself like a polar bear in hibernation. After all, it's not like you mattered to anyone, seeing as though your own boyfriend forgot your birthday. "Ah Jagi! I gotta go! Eunhyuk hyung is yelling at me to practice choreography...Tell me when I get home later okay?" Without a single response you hung up the phone seconds after.

Tell me when I get home later? Ugh I can't believe him!!!!

          You casually tossed your phone aside and began to slowly slurp at the warm noodles. Once you felt them trickle down your throat, you sighed in annoyance and pushed the blue porcelain bowl away from you. The ramen was nowhere near as good as Sungmin's making you lose your appetite. You then sprung up from the table and tossed the left over ramen in the trash. What you felt like you needed now wasn't food, but time alone. Although you felt pathetic enough as it is, you spent the rest of the afternoon under the covers trying hard to suppress the water that threatened to coat your eyes. Falling asleep has never been so hard for you, but somehow even with your heart weighing down in your chest like a boulder you managed to succumb into a deep slumber...

         You slept completely undisturbed for what felt like an eternity when you suddenly felt a warm hand land on your cheek. Startled, you instantly opened your eyes only to be met with Sungmin smiling sweetly back at you. 

        "Jagi, how long have you been sleeping for?" Sungmin questioned tucking your tousled hair behind your ears. For some reason you could not bring yourself to answer him. Sure, you were happy to see him, but at the same time you still felt a sting in your heart. You turned over onto your side with your back facing him pulling your covers with you. 

          "________-ah?" he called with rising concern in his voice. "Is everything okay?" 

          You laid in bed as still as a statue  and rolled your eyes in irritation.

          "Yeah, I'm fine" you replied bluntly. 

          "You don't sound fine to me" Sungmin noted your hair soothingly. 

           "Yeah, well, I feel kind of sick and to be honest I don't feel like speaking to anyone" you mumbled grumpily. You felt his hands suddenly withdraw from your hair making you wonder if he had actually left the room. However, to your surprise, you were greeted by his delicate eyes yet again. He was kneeling down by your side of the bed with his chin perched on his hands that laid flat on the mattress. 

            "How about we go out for a walk? I think you'd feel a lot better if you got some fresh air" Sungmin suggested with his eyes twinkling like stars that paint the night sky. You looked at him skeptically and sighed exhaustedly.

            "Fine" you accepted rather moodily as you pushed your sheets off of your body. You figured you might as well get out of the house since you've been sitting in it all day. This didn't change anything between you and Sungmin and nothing would change until he apologized for forgetting your birthday. You were determined to wait till the very end of this outdoor stroll to break the news to him so you could make him feel as guilty as possible. Although you felt quite cruel for doing so, you felt that he deserved it. You've been together for three years now so there was practically no excuse for him to forget an event like this. You headed over to your closet, and picked out a pair of jeans shorts and a simple t-shirt. You were not in the mood to dress up, let alone be up and moving. Make-up was out of the question and as for your hair you merely flattened out your messy bed head with your hands before walking out into the living room to meet Sungmin. 

          "Ready?" Sungmin asked scanning you over, looking confused by your rather casual appearance. You merely nodded in response as you slipped on your black high tops. Sungmin held the door open for you and quickly followed behind after locking the door. You dragged your tired legs towards the charcoal black driveway, but suddenly froze within your tracks. The fatigue and displeasure that once painted your face began to disintegrate as your jaw dropped at the object that was blocking your way to the driveway. Before you could even get a word out, you felt arms slither around your waist from behind. 

           "Happy birthday _______-ah. Saranghae~" Sungmin whispered with a voice so sweet that it tickled your ear. He rested his chin on your shoulder as he gave you a chaste kiss on your neck causing you to giggle. He not only knew how ticklish you were, but he also knew your weakness spots and right now he just hit a target. You placed your hands on his and held onto them tightly as he continued to find more of your soft spots. With every kiss, you felt your anger towards him fade like it was ancient history. 

           "O-O-Oppa...how did you...when did you..." you stuttered in disbelief gazing at the adorable little puppy that sat obediently on the driveway with a pretty pink bow clipped to its head. The pup looked up at you with its soft beady eyes almost as if it was begging to be picked up and just like you could not resist Sungmin's aegyo you immediately knelt down before the puppy and picked it up in your arms. Sungmin knelt down beside you and gazed at you affectionately as you nuzzled your nose against the puppy's dark wet nose. 

        "I take it that you like him then?" Sungmin chuckled the puppy's creamy brown fur.

          "Omo! It's a boy?!?" you exclaimed lifting the puppy up before your face. "Who's a good boy?" you cooed in your baby voice nuzzling its adorable button nose once more. You could not believe Sungmin had gotten you a puppy. This had got to be the biggest surprise you've ever received from him since you've met! He knew how much you loved animals, but you never thought he would actually act upon it to surprise you like this. And what was even more surprising was that he bought you a Pekingese, which is your all time favorite dog breed. Your Sungmin clearly knows you all too well! 

         "I bet you thought I forgot your birthday right?!?" 

         "Ya! You did it on purpose didn't you?!?" you scolded whacking him lightly on the shoulder. "Do you know how miserable I was all day today?!?" Sungmin took one of your hands and enveloped them in the soft warmth of his. 

          "Mianhaeyo _________-ah, that was the last thing I wanted to do to you on your birthday. I just really wanted to surprise you so I acted like I didn't know" he explained drawing smooth circles on the back of your hand. 

          "Well, if it makes you feel any better...you truly did surprise me" you admitted posing cutely with your new puppy.

           "Hehe~ that's good I'm glad" Sungmin chuckled pinching your cheek like you were a child. 

            "How did you even find the time to get a puppy though?" you questioned in astonishment.

           "Actually...that's why I left early today. I mean, I couldn't get it in advance without you knowing so I had to go pick him up this morning before you could even wake up. I ended up having to bring him to rehearsal with me so SJ hyungs had a lot of fun with him. A little too much fun if you ask me" Sungmin muttered shaking his head with an amused grin on his face. "He got along really well with Choco too!"

           "Aw you made a bunch of friends already huh?" you asked your new puppy as if you were speaking to a toddler. You then shifted your attention back to your boyfriend and smiled at him sweetly. "Komowayo oppa" you thanked before placing a chaste kiss on his lips. 

          "You don't have to thank me Jagi. I really should be thanking you just for being born...I can't imagine what my life would be like if I never met you" Sungmin explained with his chocolate brown eyes glowing with sincerity. You could feel your cheeks turning crimson from the sound of his words making you swiftly shift your gaze to the ground in an effort to hide your embarrassment. "Ooo~ here comes those cute rosy cheeks of yours" Sungmin noted lowering his head trying to steal a glance at your face, but you kept resisting. "C'mon let me see!!!" Sungmin whined.

          "Aniya! It's embarrassing!" Sungmin quickly placed his hand under your chin and turned your head to face him while you pouted in embarrassment. He looked deeply into your eyes, so deep that you felt as if you yourself were getting lost in his tantalizing gaze.  

          "You grow more and more beautiful as each year passes by" Sungmin whispered caressing your now strawberry red cheeks. With every second his entrancing gaze penetrated your eyes, you could feel your heart pounding even faster. It was amazing how even after three years, he still managed to have this overwhelming effect on you--one you had no control over. At the rate your heart was beating currently, it was almost as if you had a giant drum set in your chest. Sungmin slowly lowered his face closer and closer to yours causing your arms to fall limp. Within seconds, you felt your body fall into his causing your lips to meet in a sweet heavenly kiss. His hand pulled away from your chin and slithered around your waist holding you close. His lips were intoxicating making your body grow numb. It was like you lost all feeling in every other part of your body, except for your lips where you could feel Sungmin's affection conquer you. He tilted his head lightly, deepening the kiss, making you practically lose your breath. You smiled coyly against his lips before lightly pulling away. 

          "Oppa, I need to breathe!" you giggled tucking your hair behind your ear. Sungmin laughed along with you, not realizing he had you almost gasping for air. When you tried to lean back on your hands, you felt yourself being pulled back into Sungmin's torso. It was like you were stuck to him. Confused, you began looking left and right when Sungmin then raised his hand in front of you. He was holding onto what appeared to be a leash and then, it hit you. Your notorious new puppy had conveniently tied you two together by running around in numerous circles and your playful boyfriend was holding onto the leash the entire time--refusing to let go. You glanced over at the puppy that was now sitting innocently in front of you both. 

        "You are one naughty boy aren't you?" you questioned with a smirk on your face motioning for him to come into your arms. "So what's his name?" you asked looking down at the puppy as you held onto it like it was a newborn baby. 

         "I don't know, its up to you my lady~" Sungmin answered squeezing your hand lightly and giving you that irresistible smile of his.

          "Omo jinja?! Hmmm...." you pondered scanning the pup over in your arms. "How about Mocha oppa?" Sungmin chuckled in response exchanging glances between you and the beady-eyed puppy. 

         "Whatever you're happy with Jagi! As long as you're happy, I am too." 

Oh this boy, he is too sweet for words! 

         "Yay! Mocha it is then!" you announced as you proudly raised Mocha high up in the air as if he were Lion King's little Simba. "He reminds me of mocha cake don't you think so oppa?"

Sungmin nodded in agreement while ruffling the soft fur on Mocha's head. "Oh! Speaking of cake..." Sungmin started as he got to his feet. "You still have to blow your candles." He then held out his hand and you happily accepted as he help you stand up with Mocha. 

         "But...there's no cake" you muttered sadly.

         "Ha! Who ever told you that?" Sungmin inquired swinging your hand back and forth in his. He looked at you with a wide grin on his face--one that seemed to shine even brighter than the stars that were painting the sky above you. "How does Lee Sungmin's classic chocolate cake sound to you?" he asked giving you a quick wink that made your heart skip a beat.

          "Omo...no way, you did not..." You looked at him with wide open eyes of disbelief for you knew how scrumptious his desserts were. His baking is something no living person can possibly resist because it was just that luxurious. The boy is truly a star--not just on stage, but even in the kitchen. It was really quite remarkable!

          "Oh, but I did!" Sungmin exclaimed joyfully leading you back inside the house. You then placed Mocha down in his new home and swiftly wrapped your arms around Sungmin's neck completely catching him off guard. 

          "Komowayo oppa" you whispered as you brought your nose to touch his.

          "Anything for you Jagi~" he replied placing his arms around your waist. 

         "There's something I want you to know though" you stated as you played with his fringe that framed his face so elegantly. 

          "What is it _________-ah?"

          "I want you to know that no matter how many birthdays pass, I will always be happy because I already have the greatest present of all....I have you~" Sungmin smiled brightly at your words before pecking you sweetly on the forehead. 

          "Saranghaeyo __________-ah" he whispered, his breath tickling your face. 

          "Saranghaeyo oppa" You then released your arms from his neck and took ahold of his warm hands. "Now lets go devour that wonderful cake of yours!!!" 


Now who's in the mood for cake?!? *prepares fork* ...well im sorry to inform you that I don't have any LOL. But hey, if u found this scenario to be as scrumptiously sweet as Sungmin's Classic Chocolate Cake then be sure to let me know down below in the comments!

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE! XOXO