one

49 DAYS ft. Daehyun

 

---Coffee Shop, Spirit’s City---

 

He takes a look to his scheduler phone. He groans as he saw nothing on the screen. It has been a long time since he joined the 49 Days service as a scheduler but until now, there are no works to do. He sighs. If only he get a schedule and send to the world, he can know his past and just go to the heaven soon.

 

Every human that died, their spirit will send to the spirit’s city without any memories on their brain -- but they still remember their name. Before they go to the heaven, they must know their past and their problems that haven’t be solved in the world. The spirits are not allowed to go to the world without any works to do. There are a lot of jobs for the spirits. And he chose the job to be the scheduler at 49 Days service.

 

“Youngjae hyung,” Jongup, one of the schedulers walks towards him. “I just finished my work. My client has finished his 49 Days.”

 

“And?”

 

“He’s failed, he didn’t get three tears. I think tomorrow I will meet his spirit.” He shrugs. “And, I didn’t find my past. I’m failed too. Now I must wait for the next task. I wonder when Mrs. Lee will give me the next task. The last time I got task, I must wait for 4 months!”

 

“Hm,” Youngjae mumbles and looks around. Spirit’s city looks very calm these days. A lot of spirits have sent to the heaven. “Only 5 months? I have waited for my task for about 6 months now.”

 

Jongup’s jaw drops open. “6 months?!”

 

“Yep.” He sighs while cupping his face on the table. “Anyway, Yongguk hyung hasn’t finished his task?” He asked.

 

Jongup sips his hot chocolate. “He hasn’t yet. From what I heard, his client already got 2 tears. I wish he will get the third tears soon. I missed him so bad.”

 

“He’ll be back soon, dude.” Youngjae laughs.

 

“Hyung, this afternoon, I saw a lot of documents at the office. I think there will be a lot of tasks to do. It means you will get your task soon!” Jongup says.

 

“I hope my client will be a beautiful woman~” Youngjae smiles like an idiot.

 

Jongup laughs then hit his shoulder. “Yah, hyung! I want it too!”

 

Suddenly, Youngjae’s scheduler phone vibrated. There’s a new message from the 49 Days office. As soon as he opened the message, he stands up from his seat. “Jongup-ah!  I got a task!”

 

“R-really, hyung?”

 

Youngjae shows Jongup his scheduler phone. “See? OMG, Jongup-ah. I’ll go now! Don’t miss me!” He runs out from the Coffee Shop leaving Jongup with his blank stares.

 

***

 

“Scheduler Yoo Youngjae here.” He takes a deep bow with a bright smile on his face.

 

“Task for scheduler Yoo Youngjae. You will send to the world as a scheduler for the client, Jung Daehyun. Here, read this document first,” Mrs. Lee hands him a thick document. “I think you’re the right scheduler for this client.” She says.

 

After he took the document, he bows again. “Thank you, Mrs. Lee! I’ll do my best!”

 

“Here is the two worlds lift’s card. And… a motorcycle for you! Keep it safe, ok?” She hands him a black card with the 49 Days logo -- three tears -- on it and motorcycle key to him .

 

“Yes, I will Mrs. Lee!”

 

“You can go now, scheduler Yoo Youngjae.”

 

FINALLY!!!

 

Youngjae rushes out from Mrs. Lee room to the lift located on the 4th floor. After he inserted the card, the lift opens. He still can’t believe this. After he took a deep breath, he enters the lift. As the lift door closed, he presses the button with ‘world’ written on it. Then, the lift started to move.

 

***

 

--- Seoul, South Korea---

 

“You look pretty with that dress, Seyoung-ah.” Seohyun sits on the sofa next to Seyoung’s seat. “You must know how handsome is Kim Himchan! I just found him at his waiting room. He looks very nervous! Haha!”

 

Seyoung stares at her lightly and sighs.

 

“C’mon, you must be happy to have a husband like him!” She pats  Seyoung’s back.

 

“He’s not my husband, eonnie.”

 

“He will be your husband soon.” Seohyun grins. “Forget that Jung Daehyun. Your life will be better with Kim Himchan,” she shrugs.

 

“Shut up.” Seyoung gets up from her seat and takes her handphone from the desk. She walks out from the waiting room while dialing a number. “Please… please…”

 

Hello?”

 

As she heard his voice, she feels like her tears will come out. “D-Daehyun-ah… where are you?” She asks with a cracked voice.

 

Hey! What’s wrong with you?!” She hears Daehyun’s laugh. “You will be engaged today, right? Of course I will come. I will take the seat in the front so you can see me! Haha!”

 

“You can laugh?” Seyoung shows a small smile. “I can’t.”

 

Seyoung-ah. Don’t cry, ok? I hate it when I see you cry…” He says. “Hmm… we’re still can be friends, right?

 

“Y-yes…” Seyoung can’t hold her tears anymore.

 

I hope you’ll be happy with him. If you’re happy, I’m happy too!” He says. “Eh… it’s too much, huh?

 

“Nope,” Seyoung wipes her tears away. “See you later, Daehyun-ah.”

 

See you, Seyoung. Bye!”

 

-pip-

 

***

 

The engagement ceremony will start on 3 minutes but Seyoung can’t see Daehyun anywhere at the hall. She looks to Himchan who still busy shaking his hand with guest.

 

Where is he?

 

Then, the event starts. Himchan and Seyoung stand in front of each other. Himchan looks very handsome with the suits. But that’s not her concern at this time. A lot of negative thinking about Daehyun appears one by one in her brain. What if something bad happened to him?

 

“Seyoung-ah, are you okay?” Himchan pokes her shoulder. There’s a ring on his hand.

 

She nods and smiles weakly to Himchan. “I’m okay”

 

“You’re not. What happened?”

 

“Nothing. Forget it.”

 

***

 

The ceremony has ended. Seyoung rubs the silver ring on her finger as Seohyun poked her from the back.

 

“Hey~ sister!”

 

“Why?” Seyoung turns her body and faced her.

 

“Here, your phone can’t stop vibrating since the ceremony started. But you putted a password on it. So… here.” She hands Seyoung her handphone. “I have to go now. I invited my friends to come here too!”

 

“Tsk…” She puts in the password as the lock opened. There are 8 new messages from Jung Daehyun. Her heart stops beating. “W-what is this?”

 

Her hand shaking as she read the message.

 

 

We’re from B hospital. Mr. Jung Daehyun just got an accident. If you are part of his family or friends, please come to the hospital really soon.’

 

***

 

Seyoung runs into the hospital in a hurry while Himchan and Seohyun are following her from behind. Her eyes look teary as she saw a nurse in front of the emergency room.

 

“W-where is Jung Daehyun?” She grabs the nurse’s hand tightly. “Where is he?”

 

“Calm down, Miss…”

 

“Tell me where is he?!”

 

“He’s inside the emergency room, Miss. Please wait for a moment. We’ll do our best to rescue him.” She says then walked away.

 

“Daehyun-ah… Daehyun-ah…” Seohyun runs towards the emergency room’s door as Himchan caught her.

 

“Calm down, Seohyun-ah” Himchan brings her to a seat.

 

“Daehyun-ah… Daehyun-ah…” She sits on a chair and looks up to Himchan with teary eyes.

 

Seyoung looks very shocked. She stands next to Himchan while staring at the emergency room’s door. Wondering when will the door open.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

Youngjae watch the scenes not too far from them. He slid the scheduler’s phone screen as a few words appears on the screen.

 

 

‘CLIENT JUNG DAEHYUN READY FOR 49 DAYS JOURNEY.’

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

this is dancinggogi~

the 49 days journey is about to start! 

please keep supporting me!

don't forget to leave a comment. 

because it's very meaningful to me.

/spreads love/