The beginning

An Empty Shell

The sound of car engine creates a noise around the house when someone parks a black van in front of a little house. After the car stops, a woman suddenly get out of the car and walk to the house. Before she knocks the door, another person has opened it from inside. A short man, bald-headed, greets her and shakes her hand.

"Ah, you must be Mrs. Ibsman. Nice to meet you, I'm Ben, you call asks me anything about the house." Ben welcomes his customer warmly.

"Just call me Lena." Lena follows Ben inside the house.

She looks around the house with the excitement. Actually she has been waiting for quite long time for a moment like this to come. Finally, she is able to buy her house, their house. Even though the house is quite small, but it doesn't matter since the garden is big enough. If Hans and she wants to decorate or renovate the house, they still have space.

"So, do you like it?" Ben asks her as they finish seeing the house.

"Yeah so much. I wish I could occupy it no later than tomorrow." Ben can see the excitement in Lena's eyes.

"Your wish is my command, ma'am. I'll take care of everything so that the house's ready to use tomorrow." Ben bows a bit and smiles.

Lena smiles back at him and they shakes hand as a deal. After taking care of several documents of the house, She hurries to the car and go back to her old apartment.

"Hai hon!" Lena calls her husband right away.

"Lena, I'm sorry but I'm a little bit busy right now, so..."

"Guess what?" Lena doesn't listen to her husband's complaint. "We'v got the house!!! Oh God Hans, I never imagine that no longer we're going to have our own house!"

She can hear her husband chuckles abit. "Yeah, I'm happy for your happiness."

"Haans...it's "our" happiness. You, me and Richie. Just the three of us."

"Yeah, I wish I could go home on time so that we can celebrate it. Call you later."

"Love you." Lena hangs up the phone. During the day she can't even sweep away the smile on her face. She's so happy that now she can give a real house to her son, richie. A house that he can call home.

That night, Hans get back home early, so they can celebrate their fortune together. All night, Lena and Hans spend it in Richie's bed, telling all their plan with their new home. Richie keeps asking about the house, what does it look like, can he keep a pet inside the house since he has already had a kitten given by his grandma, could he have his own bedroom, and could he possibly get a new friend. They all are so happy that Lena can't even think what is the happiest moment she has beside that night. Unfortunately, she doesn't prepare her self for what comes after that....

The next day, they move to the new house. Lena is very focus on decorating their new house. She wants the house to as comfortable as possible to be habited. She works very hard till she doesn't even realize that the sun has set. When Hans get back home, he just smiles with the situation. He has already known too much about his wife's habit and there's nothing that he hates about it.

"Let's order food. and oh, by the way, I know this is so sudden and I swear to God that I just knew it this late afternoon." Hans seems to be doubt to tell Lena.

"What?" Lena looks at her husband.

"My colleagues will be here in 15 minutes..."Hans frowned a bit.

"WHAT?! WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?! I HAVEN"T EVEN BATH!" Lena's voice is so high that Hans needs to cover his ears.

"Hon, listen to me, relax okay. As I said before that I just knew this afternoon..."

"You could have just refused it."

"Well, I can't since they don't wanna listen to me, Okay?" Hans tries to calm Lena down. "What we need to do now is I order the food and you'll take a bath."

"Richie?"

"Let me handle this little fighter, okay?"

Lena nods and follows her husband instruction. Her mind is full of the thing about Hans's friends. She haven't had chance to meet them face to face all this long. And now, all of the sudden they come to her house.She's so confused what to do. She is overthinking about that she spends almost an hour in the bathroom.

"More relax now?" Hans stands in front of the bathroom door when Lena gets out. Lena shakes her head.

"Ready?" Hans smiles at her. Lena keeps shaking her head.

"Come on, let's meet them. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"I'm not afraid. I just.....feel a little bit nervous."

Hans chuckles hearing his wife's answer. "What ever you say sweet heart."

"Where's Richie?"

"Already sleep." Hans stops walking and looks at Lena. "Honey, listen. Those are my friends not my enemies. They're not going to harm even a single hair of you. I'm not gonna let them, Okay."

Lena keep silent. She only nods but somehow, her heart does not want to trust everything that Hans says. She feels like there's something dark awaits them. But when hans holds her hands tightly, she sweep away that feeling and thinks that she's just overreacting. She never imagine that her feeling at that time is supposed to the thing that she follows.

======================================

 

 

 

(Note: Oh, God. It's a bit complicated to write this story. Since I'm not really good in describing Hans--actually, I'm not that close to him in reality--

Anyway, it's the first chapter. Honestly, this story is quite long to be told, but I'll try to make it as simple as possible so that you don't have to read a very long essay.

Well, hope you like it, and learn something)