Playtime in the Dorm

An Idol's Infant

Title: Playtime in the Dorm
Summary: Baekhyun pretends he’s a tiger while the adults play along.

A/N: I don’t know…I just like this verse. I really need to write other things though. Baby Baekhyun is as adorable as he always is.

 

            “Guys! Run!” Jongdae yells as he comes stumbling into the kitchen, clothes slightly damp. As far as the other guys knew, he was giving Baekhyun a bath. “There’s a tiger cub lose in the dorm!” He doesn’t stop as he passes through the kitchen and runs into his shared room with Yixing; they started rooming together around the time Baekhyun turned two. It made life more convenient for them to room together with the child. Thus, Wufan moved into Tao’s room and Minseok moved into Luhan’s. Everyone just kind of shifted at some point. 

            Seconds after Jongdae appeared, a tiny boy clad in tiger printed footed pajamas runs into the living room tail trailing behind him as he screams, “Rawr!” He crouches down, cat-like in his stance as he prepares his attack.

            The five guys still spread between the kitchen and living room freeze as the tiny tiger boy bares his teeth menacingly. They all think he’s utterly adorable with his pajama hood pulled over his damp hair, furry ears perched atop his head. After a brief showdown, the guys scream in mock horror as Baekhyun rushes forward to attack everyone in sight.

            They scatter, some dodging past Baekhyun’s short arms and his grabby fingers while others retreat into the rooms on the far end of the dorm. Yixing ends up crowded on Jongdae’s bed with him while Baekhyun stomps through the kitchen in pursuit, growling all the while. Snickers emit from various parts of the dorm as the tiger’s prey hides.

            “Rawr!” Baekhyun growls upon entering his dad’s bedroom. “Tiger’s hungry!” He scrambles forward, barreling into the side of Jongdae’s bed, arms pulling at the comforter as he tries to get his hands on the two hiding out on the bed. He catches Jongdae’s foot and uses it as leverage to pull himself up onto the bed. “I’m gonna eat you!” The little tiger warns, pouncing on Jongdae, tickling him as hard as he can with his tiny hands.

            Jongdae surrenders as his tiger son hovers over him, pretending to eat him with tiny nips on his face that feel more like kisses than bites. Meanwhile, Yixing has crawled to the end of the bed, climbing over the frame to safety.

            “Help,” Jongdae calls out to his boyfriend.

            “Sorry love, every man for himself,” he replies, retreating through the doorway to find refuge in another part of the dorm.

            “Grrr!” Baekhyun gives his dad one final bite as if finishing him off. “I eated you.” He pats his dad on the cheek before climbing off the bed and rushing out of the room. “Rawr! Tiger still hungry! Tiger want food!”

            Screams can be heard as the little tiger boy enters another room. He finds Luhan’s hiding spot. Squeals ring through the dorm as Baekhyun gobbles up Luhan. Moments later, Minseok calls out for help before dramatically dying as the tiger attacks him. The three survivors, Yixing, Tao, and Wufan continue playing Baekhyun’s game. They change hiding spots waiting to be found but as they wait the dorm grows eerily silent. It seems that the little tiger boy has changed his tactics. He’s no longer stomping around and growling at everyone. The tension is fine at first as Jongdae waits for his son to reappear but the silence grows longer causing worry to rise in the bit of his stomach, forcing him to investigate.

            He leaves his bed, having laid there in mock-death after Baekhyun had finished him off. “Baekhyun?” he calls while standing at his doorway, looking out into the hall for any sign of his son’s presence. “Little tiger?” He tries again, but no one answers.

            One by one the other guys filter out of their hiding places, all glancing at each other curiously, silently asking if anyone had seen Baekhyun, but no one knows. They split up searching the dorm wondering where the little tiger could be hiding. They scour their living quarters, calling out to him and still nothing. They meet in the kitchen after coming up empty handed. Admittedly, none of them searched very hard because they all like to play along with Baekhyun’s games allowing him to feel successful in his attempts to defeat the grownups.

            “I wonder where the little tiger is hiding?” Luhan says loudly enough that he could be heard throughout the dorm. After a moment of a silence, a tiny giggle can be heard, muffled by the walls between the kitchen and the other rooms.

            “I think he’s scared,” Tao teases, fingers playfully trailing up Wufan’s back.

            “Rawr!” the little tiger calls as if to show he’s not afraid.

            “Well, I guess we can eat the tiger’s dinner since he’s already filled up him tummy,” Yixing threatens, knowing he can lure Baekhyun out by mentioning food. It works every time with the forever hungry, growing boy.

            There’s a crash that sounds like it came from Minseok and Tao’s room. Moments later, Baekhyun’s tiny feet thud across the floor as he bursts out of the bedroom then through the living room and into the kitchen.

            Luhan snatches him up, cradling the three and a half year old cutie in his arms. “Guys, looks like we’re having tiger for dinner tonight.” He grins, burying his face into the crook of Baekhyun’s neck, all the while pretending to nibble on him.

            “No!” Baekhyun wails, trying to scramble away. “Papa, don’t let him eat me!” The little guy giggles and squirms, fighting against his captor with all his strength.

            “I think tiger meat will be tasty,” Jongdae says ignoring his son’s pleas, pulling on his short leg as if sizing him up.

            “I’ve never had tiger before,” Wufan jokes, tugging on one of the ears attached to Baekhyun’s hood.

            “I don’t think he has enough meat on his bones,” Minseok says, squeezing an arm.

            “That okay,” Tao adds. “I’m sure he’ll taste nice and tender.”

            “No!” Baekhyun screams, kicking and fighting as the guy’s poke and prod. “Don’t eat me! I don’t taste good.”

            “We can just add seasoning,” Luhan says matter-of-factly, his lips before burying his face into Baekhyun’s neck making smacking sounds as if he’s devouring the poor boy.

            “Papa!” Baekhyun cries as the guys attack him with tickling fingers and hungry mouths. He giggles, squirming frantically to get away from everyone’s prodding fingers. “Help!” His voice cracks between amused laughter and real fear. The game has gone far enough for the little guy and if they keep teasing him they’ll cross the line and upset him.

            “Okay, okay.” Jongdae breaks through the group, tugging Baekhyun away from Luhan and into his arms. “I think he’s had enough.”

            Baekhyun hides his face protectively into Jongdae’s neck as his arms cling to his father’s body. “You were gonna eat me,” he mumbles.

            “That’s because you look so cute,” Jongdae jokes, kissing his son’s face repeatedly. Baekhyun laughs and the worry of him being upset is gone.

            “Papa, I’m hungry,” Baekhyun says after everything calms down.

            Luckily, dinner had finished cooking before Baekhyun was out of the bath so all Yixing has to do is set the table. They all sit around the tiny kitchen table discussing plans for tomorrow. Jongdae and Yixing are sitting together with their tiny tiger boy in Jongdae’s lap. Baekhyun’s dosing off after exhausting himself with playing and then filling his tummy with delicious food. Jongdae resituates his son in his lap as he glances over at his long time boyfriend and says, “Every man for himself, huh? You’re okay with just abandoning me like that?”

            “Sorry.” Yixing smiles, not really showing any sign of apology. He leans over to give Jongdae a peck on the cheek. “You weren’t in any real danger.”

            “I was being eaten.” Jongdae pretends to be upset, causing Yixing to smile and the others to gag because Jongdae is not cute enough to pout and get away with it.

            “I promise I’ll make up for it later, okay?” He leans in close, their shoulders bumping as Yixing winks secretively at Jongdae, causing him to grin and nod like an idiot.

            “I’m looking forward to it,” Jongdae says, sliding his lips across Yixing’s cheek and up to his ear to whisper something none of the guys care to hear.

            “Guys, not in front of the kid,” Wufan complains in a strained whisper because Baekhyun is almost completely asleep and they all know how tough it is to get him into bed at a decent time.

            Luhan coughs, clearing his throat of partially chewed food that he was in the process of choking on at the sight of his group mates being overly affectionate. “Looks like Baekhyun’s staying in our room tonight,” he says to Minseok.

            Minseok takes a long sip from his glass of coke. “As long as he sleeps in your bed, I don’t care. He kicks in his sleep and I don’t like waking up sore.”

            “He could sleep in your bed and you could share with me,” Luhan suggests, playfully blowing Minseok a kiss.

            Minseok drops his chopsticks on his plate, standing abruptly from the table. “I’ve finally lost my appetite. I’m going to shower.”

            They all watch with curious eyes as he leaves the room. Luhan takes one final bite of his chicken, followed by a spoonful of rice before he’s up from the table as well. “I’m going to see if he wants helps washing his back.”

            The others can only laugh, knowing all too well how much Luhan likes to torment Minseok.

            “When are those two going to figure out they like each other?” Wufan asks, offering Tao some kimchi.

            Tao makes Wufan feed him before saying, “Minseok’s living in denial. He doesn’t want to accept his feelings for Luhan.”

            “Just give him some time,” Jongdae says knowingly. “He’ll come around.” He grins at Yixing, eyes smoldering with love. He’s about to lean in for a kiss when Tao interrupts them.

            “Please, not in front of us and definitely not in the kitchen.” He stands, rounding the table with outstretched arms. “Give him to me.” He carefully lifts Baekhyun into his arms, resting the boy’s head against his shoulder. “If you’re going to be all lovey-dovey, then please be courteous and do it in your room.”

            Jongdae chuckles as he stands and gives his son a goodnight kiss before dragging Yixing into the privacy of their room. It’s been a while since they’ve had a night to themselves.

            “Is papa tiger going to eat me now?” Yixing asks playfully as he’s pushed onto Jongdae’s bed. He likes to tease his boyfriend when he’s all riled up like this.

            Jongdae his lips, ready to go in for the kill. “It’s time for dessert.”

 

 

 


 

Well...as you can see I came back and wrote something else for this fic. I can't help it...I may write some more in the future but this is it for now. I hope you all enjoyed this bit.

Thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting.

<3 Jae