T'was a story telling~

It was a story telling..

9:15 am, the time I arrived at the hospital. After greeting the guard and some staffs and doctors, I went to our locker room. “You are 15 minutes early as usual.” JinSung, a colleague of mine greeted me. He was my first friend when I got here since we are both newbies at this hospital. “Of course I am. It’s not like you are early too.” I talked back. “Or maybe you are just too excited Dr. Lee~.” I glared at him and told him to shut his mouth. After preparing and getting our things since we are assigned at the front desk.

 

“Why are you here? Won’t you should be with your doctor?” InYoung teased me the moment me and JinSung went at the front where she was too. “I’m not obliged to be with that grumpy always okay? And besides this is what was written in my schedule.” Rolling eyes off them and started to do my job.

 

When I was busily doing my work, someone tapped from a shoulder. “What? I asked not looking at whoever that person is. Again, a received a tap. It’s so irritating.  “What? I’m busy. You know JinSung if you need something just tell me. Can’t yo—“ I stop at my sentence when I saw the person who tapped me. It’s him. Geez. “Oh. I’m sorry doctor Lee. I thought you were JinSung.” I stand up from my seat and bowed. I peak behind him and saw the two silently laughing at me.

 

Dr. Lee coolly stands in front of me. Hands inside his pocket pants. He tilt his head slightly at his side blocking my piercing view at those two. “Ehem.” He cleared his throat and I stand up properly and looked at him. “Yes Dr.?” I politely asked and that’s coming out from my nostrils. “I need you help at my office.” He plainly and boringly said and started to walk. I nodded my head and walked behind. I looked at those two and they’re doing a funny and I don’t get gestures. Putting their index fingers together then pointing at us then laugh. Weirdos.

 

If you are wondering why I am Dr. Lee Jinki’s assistant, better asked that to our head nurse. I don’t know either. They just told me one day that I’m going to be his nurse and I was like. Seriously? Hence, I can’t do anything about it. Work is work. Ugh.  But his so.. so.. I don’t get why I should go with him anywhere!! There was a time that even lunch break I was with him. So some people her speculate there’s something between us more than doctor-nurse. Wohooo people. Get your facts straight. Please.

 

We are now inside his office. He seated on his chair as usual while me, standing beside the door. “Ah wait. I’ll be back I forgot something.” And he hurriedly went out. I told you. He’s one creepy doctor. I walked few more steps and sat at chair. I saw an album beneath the table. It looks familiar and old. I got curious. I unconsciously reach for the album.

 

Looking at the album cover, its’ really seem so familiar. I just don’t know where I saw it before. It was a maroon album cover with a flower origami. I carefully opened the album and saw a note. It was like a kid’s writing. It says..

 

“Jinki! This is my gift for you! An advance birthday gift. As you know, I won’t be around on your birthday :( and I’m not sure enough too if we could still see each other soon.”

 

Dang. Where did I saw like this one before? Or just maybe i encountered a book like this before. Oh well. I flipped to the next page and saw two kids posing together. They were like ages 9-13? I’m not sure. Jinki? Oh. It means it is Dr. Lee when he was young. I continued to look at the pictures as well as the captions. They are so cute to be honest. There are even some candy wrappers, chocolate wrappers, and other stuffs. Woah. This kid knows how to keep things like these. While I was fascinated looking at the album, a line struck on me on the last page..

 

“I’m sorry I have to leave you. I’m sorry if this is so sudden too. I pleaded my parents but they can’t do anything about it too. I’m sorry I have to leave you.. Exactly on your birthday.. Sorry Jinki.. For not bidding a goodbye personally to you. It’s just it’s hard to see you crying and sad.. But I promise! We will soon each other! I love you!”

 

                                                                                                                                                “Your darling ^^”

 

As I read those lines, Dr. Lee came back and exactly said those lines while leaning on the wall. I looked up him. Shocked. Wait.. “Don’t you still get it?” I furrowed my eyebrows by what he said. “Doctor?” He face palmed his self. He walks towards me and seated right beside me. “I guess you didn’t read it fully. Try to read it again, Racel.” I looked at him again shocked. He never called me with just my name. Where are the formalities? Are we close? As if he knows what is running at my mind, he shook his head slightly and pointed at the album again. My eyes followed his finger where it was pointing.

 

 “A.. Yo-u-u.. Me-aaa-nn-n..- AHH!!!!!!!!!” I scream. But not a scream that needs for help or something. But it was a scream of happiness.  At the bottom of the word darling was my name. “JINKI!!!” I pulled him in my arms and hug him. Yes. He was my best friend when I was a child. I left Seoul because my parent needs to go back to the Philippines for business matters. “Ya! Ya! I can’t breathe!” Jinki complained to which that made me laugh. Releasing him from my “suffocating” hug, I pinched his nose. What I usually do when we were still kids.

 

“I thought you won’t remember me anymore. I tried a lot of times.” He said sulkily. I cling onto his arm and rested my head at his shoulder. “Slow memory and it was because you were so irritating then!” I argued and I chuckled. Jinki then removed his arm from mine and he looked away. I looked at him. “Hey. Sorry. I returned here to see you too.” I tried to say my other reason to compensate him. Is he throwing tantrums again? I shake his arm and still no response. For the last time I shook his arm, he looked at me.. Finally. But damn he was so serious. That almost eat me. I lowered my head and ready to go when he suddenly pulled me into his embrace. I was a bit shock but not latter, I returned his hug. He kissed my forehead and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I chuckled at his childishness.

 

“I miss you… Very much..”Jinki confessed that move me into tears. He slightly pulled himself away from me when he heard my sobs. “Why?” He asked as he placed his hand on my face and wipe my tears using his thumb. I shook my head and just smiled. “You owe me something way back then.” He said. “Remember when we are still kids you said when you’ll go back I can wish anything for you?” “Did I said those?” I asked him not remembering anything. I saw him pouted with this eyebrows stuck together. I laughed and told him I was kidding. I asked what it is.

 

He kneeled his right foot and held my hands. I’m not dumb not to know what will  happened next but I let him~ Heks~ Maybe I’m just imagining things. “You said before when we were kids that…. You love me.” “What?” I said not getting it. “I wanna make you mine Rachel. For real. Let’s continue our dream when we were still a kid.” I gasped at what he said. Within minutes, I chuckle. “What so funny I’m confessing!” He yelled annoyed. “Do you think I will say yes that fast? Earn it for yourself!” I laugh and he looks so dumbfounded. “I thought you’ve already fallen for me this past few months like I was to you.. No.. More..” He said seriously. I hugged him and buried my face in his chest. “Some things are needed to work hard for me. Including me.” I mumbled and we laughed.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<< 

 

"And that was how we met again.." 

 

“Ya ya ya. What are you talking about huh?” Jinki squeezed himself between us. “How irritating and grumpy you were before. “ I laughed. “But not because of me we won’t meet each other again and we won’t have this.” He then tickles the little boy between us.

 

So yea, after his enough persistent, I said yes and years after that he proposed and a year we got married. And now we have this little 6 years old angle between us and an upcoming one. Yep. I’m 4 months pregnant now to our 2nd child.  

 

“Go get some sleep boy, and we will go out this night.” Jinki instructed our son and our son obediently ran to his room. He moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. He placed my head at his chest and his hands resting on the top of my belly.

 

“I never thought I would really end up with you.” I said jokingly. Instead of saying his famous lines, he kissed my cheeks. I blushed at his sudden action. Yeap. He could still make me blush.”You are so pretty when you blush. Makes me harass you but I can’t.” he playfully said that made me pinch his hands. “Thank you for saying yes and loving me and giving and spending your entire life with me Racel. I love you so much.” I looked at him and caress his face. “Thank you and I love you too.” He leaned on me and we shared a romantic kiss.

 

Maybe I saved South Korea before that’s why I’m blessed so much and the heavens gave me this man.