(Onew) Second Chance

Help! I've Switched Bodies with a KPOP Star!

Onew didn't know what to feel.

He didn't know how to act, what to say, what to even think, as he stared at his reflection.

As he stared at this girl, who gasped for air in synchronization with him.

Onew shook his head, as did Kim Ara, the girl whom he met at his concert last night. He then frowned, as did she.

Onew raised a hand. Ara raised hers.

Onew stuck out his tongue, and Ara did too.

"Quit copying me," Onew instructed, only to watch her lips move with his, and to not hear his own voice at all. He only heard a feminine voice, and it sounded like what Ara's voice would, in regards to his recollection of what her voice was like. He recalled it clearly; it was unique, and he found it soothing.

Onew shook his head; that was beside the point; what seemed to be the situation was that he was now in Ara's body.

"Is this real life?" Onew asked aloud. He looked down at himself, before pulling the nightgown he had on, out so he could look at his body. As he stared down his shirt, his face grew hot and his jaw dropped. His hands flew to his mouth and he looked back at his reflection, who was blushing as hard as he felt he was.

"Oh my..." Onew breathed out, causing a loud whooshing sound to echo through the tiny bathroom. "Oh..."

"This is a dream," Onew said suddenly, already beginning to ignore the voice that wasn't his own which came from his mouth. "This is a dream, you're having a naughty dream, a creepy fantasy dream... Now, just wake up." He shut his eyes, then opened them. Still Ara stood there, looking back at him. Both reached over and pinched their left arm, and both yelled in pain.

Onew, with his jaw slack and his eyes blank, began to slowly shake his head in disbelief.

He was going crazy. "Well, that was a bust."

No, he was crazy; who would say something like that at a time as unimaginable as this?

Onew rolled his eyes, before he gasped. Only he would say something as carefree, as clumsy, as emotionally lost and oblivious as that.

It was him. It was real.

"What do I even do now?" Onew, who was still shaking his head, looked down. He watched as the raven-black hair that belonged to Ara draped down toward the ground as he lowered his head. He was thinking, eyeing the tresses.

"I have to get back to my body," he concluded simply. "If I were Jinki, where would I be?" Suddenly, Onew began to laugh.

"I truly do sound crazy, but it's the truth, I guess. I have to find myself." Onew blinked. "That's deep, Jinki... Really deep."

Onew looked back in the mirror. "I guess if I'm going to find myself, I'll need to get cleaned up." Onew shrugged, before suddenly cringing. "I'm going to... Have to strip this body of clothes..." He looked at his reflection apologetically.

"Sorry, Ara-sshi..." Onew thought for a moment. "...But if I know any fan well enough, I'll know you've already seen me and freaked out. Just don't mutilate me in public, okay?" Onew shuddered, before stripping of his nightgown, and stepping into the shower.

Instantly, his eyes fell upon the assortment of berry-scented body washes, the strawberry-scented shampoo and accompanying conditioner, the Skintimate raspberry-scented shaving cream, and the pink washcloth that lay neatly folded on one of the shower shelves. He blinked, absorbing it all.

"I'm going to smell like a fruit salad by the time I step out of this room." He smiled slightly, feeling it involuntarily tug at the right corner of his mouth, before looking for a way to turn the shower on.

"I can barely remember how to turn on my own shower; how am I supposed to figure out an entirely new mechanism?" Onew began to laugh, leaning forward to look at it more closely. At the same time, he felt his chest suddenly pull toward the ground, tugging at his body just slightly, but rather uncomfortably. Onew looked down.

Oh, no way.

The s; as he leaned forward, they began to fall forward and down, causing the pull. Onew's expression distorted with disbelief.

"Do girls have to go through this all the time? How do they even..." Onew shook his head. "How do they even stand it?" He shook his head one more time, before looking at the faucet. This shower was also a bathtub, and he could see that there was a lever connected to the faucet. Above it was the handle that would allow water to begin to flow through the faucet.

"Oh okay, so if I turn the water on..." Onew pulled on the handle, and the water began to flow through the faucet, icy and cold in temperature. As he ran his hand under it, he shivered before feeling it slowly rise in temperature. Once it was teh temperature he wanted, with a few adjustments on the handle, he pulled the lever up. The water no longer flowed from the faucet, but from the shower nozzle. Onew sighed in relief.

"At least I was able to figure that out; most showers are like rocket-science."

He washed himself carefully, trying to keep his gaze on the white-tiled wall in front of him, or the shower nozzle just slightly above him. In the meantime, his mind began to fully process the sticky situation he was in. As he felt the steaming water cascade upon his head, he looked down.

I wonder how Ara is handling it... I'm sure she knows about this by now; if she's got my body, she's up and in the SM building by now-- Or maybe not, Onew thought, his brow furrowing. She's gotta be up, nonetheless, right?

He turned off the water, and drew back the curtain, stepping out and shivering due to the chilled air. He reached out with a dripping hand and grabbed the salmon-colored towel that hung on the rack to his right, instinctively wrapping it around his body; however, instead of wrapping it around his waist as he usually would, he involuntarily wound it around his chest, covering all but his arms, his neck and his head.

"Weird," he commented. "The body just does things without having to think about it." He looked toward the mirror again, only to find it foggy. He reached out and rubbed at it, removing the dew but only to jump again as he saw a now soaking wet Ara staring back closely. Onew gasped for breath, before biting his lip.

"This is going to take some getting used to," he commented, then continued. "I wonder if... I wonder if my body does things without thinking." He raised his brows in thought, before suddenly sighing. "Don't get your hopes up, Jinki; your body trips on air on its own, and that's it." He gazed at himself.

"Let's just hope you can catch me, Ara-sshi; Onew Sangtae isn't easy to take care of."

He left the bathroom after brushing his teeth, and carefully padded across the plush carpeted floor to the bedroom, surprising himself by remembering where it was. As he stepped into the room, he looked around.

Ara's room was very bright and happy. The walls were painted a faded peach color, giving it a summery appearance. However, one wall was barely visible; it was coated with posters. Onew smiled as he saw half a dozen SHINee posters. Amongst SHINee was Super Junior, EXO, Miss A, BigBang, BAP, Wonder Girls and TVXQ when it consisted of five members.

"This girl's a big fan of KPOP," he whispered softly, looking at the posters in admiration, before his eyes continued to wander. The room had a queen-sized bed with a headboard. On the headboard was a set of speakers, and on the shelf of the headboard was a CD player. Next to that was a stack of CD's, mostly KPOP, while others had some typical R&B and surprisingly, rock. The bed had white bedsheets, and a comforter to match. It was also positioned next to the window, parallel to it.

The window was adorned with blinds instead of curtains, in contrast to the fluffy appearance of the room. They were partially drawn, allowing the sunlight of the morning to come shining through. Underneath the window was a small television, resting atop a small and inconspicuous desk. Onew turned to the dresser on his right. On top of it were several perfumes, a few folded clothes who had yet to be put away in their rightful places, and an mp3 player, whose headphones were splayed haphazardly onto the surface of the dresser. Onew tentatively opened one of the five drawers, only to find socks and . He gasped and shut the drawer quickly, before realizing he needed a pair of each. Gingerly he reopened the drawer and quickly grabbed a pair of socks and , shivering when his fingers touched the delicate fabric of the undergarments.

The other drawers contained shorts, capris, slacks, skinny-jeans and regular jeans, each sorted into their respective drawers. He grabbed a pair of capris, a mental reminder telling him that it was supposed to be nice outside today. At this point, he dropped the towel, and carefully slipped into the clothes he had picked out so far.

Finally, he turned to the closet, taking note at how small it was. Opening its single door, he saw that there was a single rack of shirts and tank tops in it, along with a few sweaters and hoodies, as well as a winter coat. Eyeing his capris, he srutinized the shirts for something that would accentuate them properly.

Then suddenly, he remembered something. Something that made him cringe in anguish.

With a stiff turn of his body, he noticed the lace bra hanging on the doorknob. Slowly, he trudged over to it, biting his lip as he grimaced down at it.

"How do I put you on?" he asked it. Naturally, he received no response. He narrowed his eyes at the garment.

"I know for a fact that I won't be able to figure out how to put you on, so I'm abandoning you for a tank top, because I know that girls can do that and put a shirt on over it, so there!" Onew turned haughtily away from the bra and toward the closet, grabbing a white tank top and a black shirt that said "TOKYO" in bold white letters, and slipped them on, one after the other.

"Now to do something with this hair..." Onew, after finding a brush, carefully combed through the damp strands of Ara's hair, before pulling it up into a ponytail.

"I can at least do that; braids and fancy stuff are beyond my knowledge," he whispered. He made the bed, and left the bedroom. It was time to explore; he walked down the hall, passing the bathroom and another closet, which he learned contained a vaccum cleaner, a broom and a mop. He trekked into the living room, which was partially a kitchen as well. Both were small, with there being the bare necessities of each. Onew nodded in understanding.

"Ara lives in an apartment," he concluded, looking around. "She must have just moved in here and got her life started on her own." To his surprise, he smiled in content.

"It must be nice, living alone and having some privacy," he contemplated. "Being comfortable and doing whatever you want..." Onew suddenly froze. "Wait!"

Wait.

This sounded familiar, as this desire began to overwhelm him, as jealousy began to creep through him. It was so comfortable and so familiar, while the setting around him was so new and distorted, compared to his own. Onew suddenly let out a yell.

"I wish that for just once, just one more time, I could live life like a normal person..."

Onew frowned, his eyes wide and jaw lax. "No way."

Could it be? Could it be that this switch with Ara was to allow Onew to live a normal life? He did wish it, after all, but he wasn't one to believe in superstition; he discovered that it never worked for him, or for others. It just caused paranoia and greed, in his opinion. But this was different; he had specifically wished to live a normal life and not be a KPOP star anymore.

"Did my wish... Did it seriously come true?" Onew looked around him, then frowned. "But why am I not in my own body?"

"Ara has to have mine," he continued, and then he frowned.

What if she was sacrificed so my wish could come true? Onew gasped. "What if she didn't want this? She could be crying for help!"

 "And this is why I must go find Ara-- I mean Onew--Jinki, whichever. I need to make sure she's alright, if my assumptions, however crazy and unbelieveable they are, are right." Onew looked for a purse that Ara may have, spotted it on the kitchen table, and grabbed it. He peered inside to find apartment keys, a cell phone, a wallet and several beauty supplies for travel. Onew nodded, before walking toward the door, opening it, and walking out of the apartment. He skipped down the stairs to the front door, leaving the apartment complex.

Instantly, he knew where he was. "SM Entertainment is a fifteen minute walk from here; I recognize these streets." With that, Onew began to quickly make his way to SM Entertainment, where he could hopefully run into Ara, who was in his body.

 

 

 

33973-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Set-Of-N

~*~Author's Note~*~

Long time no see, you guys!! ^_^ I missed you TOO much!

So I hope you enjoyed this chapter; I know I made it longer than Ara's, but I'll make up for that in the future, I promise ^o^

Hopefully you have been doing well-- I've been SUPER busy with college, and other stories under my account >< But I had been chipping away at this for a while, and was close to finishing so I was like "why not?" hahaha

Anyways, I hope to see you soon~