Prologue

Breaking a Heart

 

Hyukjae grinned widely when Kyuhyun took his hand, “You’ll get lost” that woozy feeling inside Hyukjae’s heart as Changmin sighed trailing behind them.

The bystanders tried to sell their products among the sea of people in the market; while the three men in suit were walking to the exit.

“It was good! We sealed the deal with the owner of the market, now we just going to demolish it and rebuild the elaborate project your father wanted since years ago.”

Hyukjae beamed, because they made a great deal, no losers, the people will be pay for their lands and after the new luxury market will be build, they will be working there as employers. Kyuhyun huffed.

“I don’t care what he wants; I just came because he threated me with cutting my credit cards.”

Hyukjae sighed and Changmin finally spoke ruffling Hyukjae’s hair who pouted.

“C’mon! don’t get petty, and use those credit cards to treat us lunch.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes walking already to the nearby fancy restaurant outside the old market.

Changmin eyes fluttered when he say Hyukjae chirping near Kyuhyun, who frowned yelling how annoying Hyukjae was, the latter just trying his best to not seem hurt as he forced an smile.

How many years have passed since this started?

 


 

Changmin remembers one day, Kyuhyun told him he want to walk to school by himself, no bodyguards, not even him. Changmin nodded slowly, Kyuhyun wasn’t really rich neither poor, if you can say it in Marxism terms, Kyuhyun was middle class.

Changmin remembers that day, after the leaves fell from the half tree and the wind whistled. Kyuhyun arrived school with a petite boy trailing him.

They were in high school; Hyukjae was the name of the little boy. Once Kyuhyun asked him how to get rid of the boy and Changmin remembered kept silence shaking his head. He didn’t understand that time, why he didn’t tell Kyuhyun that the boy would go if he just tell him to do so, maybe Changmin didn’t say it, because divergent from Kyuhyun, he enjoyed Hyukjae’s company, smile and clumsy behavior.

 


 

“Let’s eat here!” Hyukjae chirped and Kyuhyun sighed reading the sign Ramyun as he raised a brow.

“Why your likings are so cheap?”

Hyukjae just chuckled “Well, I like you, and you’re not cheap.”

Kyuhyun just stared Hyukjae for a brief moment and furrowed his brows tsk-ing, entering to the small ramyun restaurant and Hyukjae smiled waving at Changmin to hurry.

Changmin smirked shaking his head, hands on his pocket, as he stepped inside the place.

 


 

Hyukjae always googly eyed Kyuhyun since the day he saw him leaning against a tree, he asked Kyuhyun’s name and the latter ignored him walking to the school’s gate.

Hyukjae sighed, so many years people saying he was a nuisance and not having a friend hurt him, so his gaze turned steady as he watched Kyuhyun, it was then Hyukjae decided he would make Kyuhyun his friend.

Rarely as can be, Kyuhyun always told him he was annoying but never ever told him to leave, that was enough for Hyukjae, that, and the fact Changmin always told him “Give him time, Kyuhyun is like that and as long as he doesn’t push you away is okay.”

Hyukjae engraved those words since high school, he even choose economics as his mayor in university and finished the same course Kyuhyun took. Changmin was there, always, once Hyukjae told him if he was Kyuhyun’s only friend and Changmin, for first time smiled while messing Hyukjae’s hair.

“You’re also his friend, right? I also want to study this, I will inherit the position my father has in Cho Corp, so I need to study hard.”

Hyukjae eyes were wide with amazement as he nodded.

“I will study hard too and someday I will work side by side with you two.”

 


 

“Miso ramyun is always tasty!”

Hyukjae beamed inhaling dish as he split the chopsticks. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes sighing, his arm slung around the empty chair beside him. 

“Soya is better and why am I even treating you?”

Hyukjae pouted and Changmin chuckled “Because you love him.”

Kyuhyun coughed sitting straight and frowned “I don’t like a pest like him; I don’t even know how a klutz like him manage to get a high status in our corp.”

Hyukjae slurped his noodles before quickly saying; “Because I’m a workaholic.”

“He is really smart even if don’t look like it. I personally send him your father to test him and let me tell you, he was very pleased.”

Kyuhyun didn’t believed Changmin as he just waved his hand resting importance to the subject.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, I will treat you dessert.”

Kyuhyun observed Hyukjae, leaning to him, making him blush and Kyuhyun chuckled while Changmin shook his head.

“Whatever I’ll want for dessert?”

Hyukjae blinked “W-what do you want?”

Kyuhyun seated back again “What I really want is freedom, I feel so pressured, and just a simple dessert can’t grant my wish.”

Changmin sighed, it doesn’t matter when this start, but Kyuhyun, after that day when Hyukjae appeared, started to say how he would love to be free, and Hyukjae wanting to close the distance, to be near Kyuhyun will brightly say.

“Then let’s escape! I will show you the world if you ask me to.”

Kyuhyun as always just chuckled, his eyes bored on Hyukjae as the later smiled sincerely.

“Why do you always want to make me happy, uh?”

“Because I love you.”

Kyuhyun smirked “I don’t love you.”

It doesn’t matter, Hyukjae wanted to say when he chewed his bottom lip and forced a smile “It’s okay, I’m stronger than that.”

Kyuhyun stood paying the bill walking out the shop as Hyukjae trailed after him and Changmin stood following Hyukjae.

“Today will come a new employer. Mr. Cho told me you two need to meet him also.” Kyuhyun explained his father orders while hopping on his car.

Hyukjae cocked his head and turned to Changmin who nodded slowly.

“I will go with you then.”

Before Kyuhyun could start the engine, Hyukjae was on the passenger seat next to him as Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while Changmin locked his eyes on them for a moment before hopping his own car.

“We’re not going to run away, we’re going straight to the company.”

Hyukjae giggled “Yeah.”

“I don’t like you, but still; you’re interesting.”

Hyukjae nodded at Kyuhyun’s words while blushing and Kyuhyun chuckled. Ever since high school, Hyukjae has been there, not asking for anything and just giving. Kyuhyun didn’t like Hyukjae neither love him, he just liked the feeling of being loved.

Changmin once told him “Maybe you like him” and Kyuhyun laughed shaking his head “I can’t like him, he is plain, pretty normal, and no appeal.”

Changmin didn’t say more as he just nodded; Kyuhyun widened his eyes when he saw Hyukjae smiling to them that day before bowing, saying he needed to go early.

“That’s enough for me.” Hyukjae replied while Kyuhyun speed the accelerator “Kyuhyun-ssi?”

“Mn?”

“At least, we’re now friends?”

Kyuhyun didn’t answered, he just turned the volume up of a random song, a thin smile on his face, don’t noticing Hyukjae teary eyes.

 

“We’re here.”

Kyuhyun hopped off as Hyukjae, Changmin waiting for them since seconds ago.

“President called me, the new employer is on reception; he will wait for us there.”

Kyuhyun smirked, “Which charged he will have?”

“He is the new evaluator, mine is Hyukjae starting today.”

Kyuhyun stopped, he was ready to yell why his father choose another person to check his behavior and productivity in the company when he closed his mouth.

“I just saw an Adonis.”

Kyuhyun murmured while Hyukjae stopped on his tracks and Changmin almost collided against him.

“Kyu…hyun-ssi?”

Hyukjae murmured watching the lost gaze Kyuhyun had on his eyes observing the man talking with the receptionist and smiling.

“Uh?”

Kyuhyun absently hummed and Changmin frowned “Kyuhyun!”

The called turned blinking and grinned “He is handsome!”

Hyukjae forced a smile feeling Changmin hands over his shoulders. His eyes observing Kyuhyun grin turning into a wide smile.

“Hey! Are you the new employer?”

Kyuhyun asked friendly, openly and Hyukjae gulped when the man turned, not just his side face but his whole self, and Hyukjae gasped, he looked like a model.

“Yes. My name is Lee Donghae, may I know who…?”

Kyuhyun grinned already lending his hand for a shake “Cho Kyuhyun, the person you must check from now on.”

Donghae smiled “Oh, nice to meet you Mr. Cho.”

Kyuhyun waved his hand “Just call me Kyuhyun, we’re going to work together after all.”

“Kyuhyun-ssi?” Hyukjae asked softly and Donghae finally set his eyes on him and smiled watching Changmin.

“May I know who you are?”

Changmin blinked “eh?”

Kyuhyun frowned, dragging Donghae with him “They are other workers here, follow me, I will show you your office, is next to mine.”

“And their office?”

Donghae asked and Kyuhyun sighed answering reluctant “In front of us.”

Changmin didn’t saw Donghae eyes on him, because he was looking at Hyukjae lost gaze.

“Are you okay?”

Hyukjae hid his face behind his fangs “Yeah, sorry, I was just surprised, that’s all.”

“Hyukjae, you know I…”

Hyukjae forced a smile walking to the office “Let’s go, lunch time is over.”

Changmin nodded “yeah..."

 

 

 

 


I hurried to write the prologue, so you will know if you want to read it or not ^^ and specially for the ones who subscribed and commented because it looked interesting ^^

Also, I want you to know I'm not KyuHae shipper, but I don't know with who pair Kyu T-T that's why always Hae becomes the one, but I accept suggestions for another stories in future ^^ saranghe!!