The Truth

The Truth /oneshot/

Jay and Taecyeon stood facing each other at the living room of their dorm. Taec's piercing gaze that usually sent fangirls into wild paroxysms of glee was now cold and bitter. And it pierced straight into Jay, threatening to shatter the remaining fragments of the beautiful soul that had been subjected to much torture by the media.

Jay's eyes could not meet Taec's.

His gaze roved the area around Taec, the dorm that he had called home since pre-debut. It was his solace when he was beyond exhausted from his hectic schedule. And the people who lived with him: they were his brothers. Related not by blood, but instead by their common dream and ambition, which made their relationship stronger than that even of blood-related siblings.

But now, he was going to turn his back on them.

Or so it seemed to the 2PM members

'This is what you really want isn't it?' Taec asked coldly. His harsh voice snapped Jay back to reality. He tore his gaze from the dorm to look Taec straight in the eye, cringing inwardly at the accusing glare that replaced Taec's usually tender gaze.

No, I don't want this. Never. Not in a million years.

'Yes. Of course. It's what is best for all of us.' Jay's voice wavered with the effort to surpress the rising lump in his throat. Clearing his throat, he continued, ' The media will stop badgering you guys and JInYoung Hyung, while I get to leave this hectic life and go back to AOM where I truely belong.' Jay forced a smile that he hoped would cover up how much he yearned to just break down and tell him what exactly was going on.

But no, he could never let them know of the truth.

'What about us?' Taec's gaze was now pleading, and his bottom lip quivered. His eyes were now filled with tears that were threatening to spill down his chisled face.

Jay hated to see s cry. Especially Taec. During the trainee days, he and Taec were their pillars of strength because their resolution and determination were so strong, the members seeked them as an anchor to sanity when the going was too tough.

Jay's silence made Taec continue, 'What about the dream we so often talked about?'

Taec did not need to elaborate any further. Jay knew the common goal they all worked towards: which was to be the number one group in not only Asia, but the world. This was why they had all fought to work so hard pre-debut and post-debut.

'Are you giving up?'

No. I will never give up.

'Yes.' Jay whispered.

A single tear rolled down Taec's cheek. Followed by another. And another. And anotther.

Jay turned his back on his groupmate, his brother, his best friend and in two long strides had his luggage in one hand and the other hand on the doorknob of the dorm door. He refused to let Taec's tears weaken his resolve.

'Remember', Taec said, almost inaudibly, from behind him. 'You had a choice whether to leave, and you took it.'

'I know.' Jay replied without turning around. He did not want Taec to see that his eyes had filled up with tears and his nose was a smattering shade of red. 'Thank you. And... Goodbye.' As Jay said the last word, he bolted from the dorm and out into the lift lobby of the apartment building.

The sound of the door slamming reveberated through the empty hallways, masking the sobs that racked Jay's small but muscular frame. His tears now flowed fast and freely as he repeatedly jabbed the down button of the elevator.

As the *ping* from the elevator signalled its arrival, Jay's sobs had ceased. 'I'm sorry.' He whispered as he took a last fleeting glance at the apartment door from the inside of the elevator.

The elevator door slide shut and he rode down to the carpark where there would be a taxi to take him to Incheon Airport for a flight back to Seattle.

In the airplane, he looked down on Seoul city as tears cascaded down his face.

I'm so, so sorry.

.

.

.

.

48 Hours Later, Seattle, United States of America.

Jay looked at the figures in his bank account. It had increased by USD$100,000.

Never had he earned this much despite being in 2PM for more than a year.

He knew it had come from the CEO of SidusHQ Entertainment who had, by now, heard the news of his departure from Korea.

Jay kept to his word and the CEO was very, very happy.

He saw the potential in Jay to rise as a solo star, like Rain, and had resorted to under-hand means to get Jay under his company. Means that involved exposing Jay's old MySpace comments to the public and offering cold hard cash in return for a contract with his company.

Now, Jay can afford treatment for his mother's malignant tumour.

He knew that in 3 years, he would be returning to Korea as a solo artist once the brouhaha surrounding his scandal has died down. 'Wait for me, Korea.' He mused. 'The truth will be out one day.'

I'll be back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: YAY! DONE! OMG! my first fanfic~ HOW IS IT? PLEASE COMMENT! hope you guys can tell from this fanfic that i absolutely adore jay and 2PM. :D my bias is currently Junho! <3