Things got messy

Cooking

“Donghae my love, could you pass me the sugar now?”

“Of course Hyuki-poo, here you go.”

“Thanks Hae-kins, oh could you get started on the coffee icing now?”

“Right away, love!”

“And I trust the chicken is already in that pressure cooker, darling?”

“Yes it is, honey.”

 

 

While the two interacted oh so sweetly within the kitchen, Sungmin  was just outside in the living room, relaxing on a sofa and marvelling at how he could literally feel the sweetness ooze out of the place

“Uh guys, mind toning down the sugar in your tones? My tooth has begun to ache real bad, you two are giving me cavities.” He called out aloud, secretly smiling and amused at how sweet Eunhae were being today with each other, working in such a cooperative manner without anyone burning something or attempting to coat each other in batter and pushing each other in the oven.

“Sorry Hyung~~” they both chorused sweetly and Sungmin playfully scoffed “well , I’ll go to the dentist anyways, just try not cooking each other like how you people tried last time!” He called out as he got up to slip on his shoes.

“Naah, why bother cooking, he tastes good raw as well” Donghae chirped and while Eunhyuk giggled his eyes watery, Sungmin hollered “ LEE DONGHAE! WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT NOT WANTING TO KNOW THINGS!”

“Woops, Sorry sungminnie~” Donghae didn’t sound sorry at all.

With an exasperated sigh Sungmin rolled his eyes “I’m out, be back soon-ish”

“Come back to me quickly, Susu!” Hykjae cooed, silently cackling at how the door was slammed shut too forcefully.

The two shared a look, grinning at each other as Donghae waddled over to Hyukjae, softly drapping an arm over Hyukjae's shoulder, fingers softly running allong his collarbone “Can I get a kiss?”

Hyukjae craned his neck a bit as he finished scooping the batter into the baking tin and he whispered back “You felt the need to ask?”

 

Donghae fought back a giggle as he smirked before swaying his a bit and pressing their bodies closer, Hyukjae turned a little to press his lips to Donghae’s deepening the kiss already and with every second it grew hotter in the kitchen, they could feel heat swirling within their stomachs, Donghae just had to back away, thinking of preventing anything more because darn Hyukjae  kissed  so furiously, he could not handle it at times.

 

“Damn you Lee Hyukjae” Donghae whispered, eyes hooded and Hyukjae chuckled “You must be the fiercest kisser ever born.”

Hyukjae hummed happily, pressing their foreheads together and then shook his head slowly “Actually, there is a fiercer kisser than me..” he trailed off. Suspicious, Donghae scowled and narrowed his eyes and Hyukjae could not help but grin widely “It’s a fish.”

Donghae instantly brightened up and cooed “ Aw, thank you Hyukkie, you so sweet you’ll put Hersheys out of business.”

Hyukjae laughed softly and softly pecked his lips “No silly, I don’t mean you everytime I say the word fish and you got that line from Google didn’t you?”

Donghae giggle-snorted "A fish? You mean a real fish?? And yes I did, and you liked to so sshh!”

“Yes a fish, called kissing gouramis. They look like they're kissing, but they're fighting. The battle ends when the loser’s lips are ripped off."  Hyukjae smirked as he saw Donghae’s eyes grow wide in wonder and then he muttered “ Hyuk,, you won’t ever kiss me lips off would you? Wow they must take their kissing seriously!!”

Hyukjae threw his head back, causing donghae head to slip forward as he laugh whole-heartedly “Well babe, believe me I take my kissing very seriously as well.” He winked and Donghae scoffed, shoving him lightly in the chest “ Just…don’t eat my lips off.”

“Can’t promise you that, it’s bound to happen one day, you irresistible thing you.” Hyukjae playfully cooed and Donghae snorted, shaking his head. Hyukjae was all gummy smiles and lovingly gazing at donghae who had his eyes locked with Hyukjae and it felt like they would crawl on top of each other any moment now, the two seemed to be waiting to see who made the first move..

 

 

That was till Hyukjae muttered “Something’s burning…”

Donghae didn’t miss a beat as he bit his lower lip “It’s me..burning with a desire for you.”

Hyukjae gulped and cleared his throat because damn when Donghae fixed him with that sort of gaze it would always get hard to breathe “ No..Hae, I mean something actually is---OH THE SAUCE, HAE you IDIOT, the burner’s up to high! Lower the flame!!” Hyukjae was on his side and the two were somehow trying to save their coffee sauce, that was till the pressure cooker began to rattle and it sounded like the chicken inside had come to life.

“Wait wait, Hyuk you handle that, I got this!” Donghae said with determination glinting in his eyes. Hyukjae quickly tried lowering the heat, but the rattling didn’t stop “Oh damn, I forgot what Min said about this..uhh..should I try taking the lid off?” uncertainly he touched the top handle

“Oh no! Don’t or—“

And that’s when with a loud blast the cooker’s top flew, the two shrieked, scrambling back and clinging onto each other as the chicken flew right up, thwacking against the ceiling and falling down with a plop, motionless.

The two stared at the chicken almost accusingly, not daring to move, lest it attack them this time. Of course the sauce was sizzling and hissing by then, an ugly brown covering the saucepan as drops of hot black liquid began to splatter out  “NOOO!” Donghae moaned and rushed to it, touching the handle without a cloth and Hyukjae yelled about know he’d do that and why could he not use the cloth.

 

 

 

Sungmin hummed, gently opening the door and stepped in, suddenly aware of a stench and smoke bowling out of the kitchen, it seemed as if something had died in here. He gasped in horror and speed-walked to the kitchen, catching the two off-guard as they attempted to clean up a half roasted chicken from the floor and trying to get rid of the smoke while trying to rake off the burnt sauce. He stared blankly before, eyes narrowed, brows twitching and hands the sides of his shirt “If you guys are willing to see tomorrow’s sunrise..” he hissed, glaring at the two cowering figures in fury “ Then clean up this mess and don’t dare try to cook anything from now on. I’m ordering Pizza.”

“Yes Hyung. Sorry Hyung. Pizza is good too Hyung” they chorused, heads bowed.

“You guys don’t get food tonight” Sungmin called over his shoulder, blocking out the distressed and horrified wails of the two pleading boys.

 

<<>>

 

The fish Hyukjae mentions:

 

 tumblr_inline_mfisynNmaU1qin9go.gif