Arrival

New life

I stepped out of the plane wondering where to go. Hi, my name is Megane Villette , Meg in short. I'm french and i just took the plane more than 10 hours ago to come to Korea. I applied for a student exchange and i ended up in Seoul. That's good since i can improve my korean. As I searched for the taxi station, i thought my life was going to change . I just didn't know how much.

XXXXX

 I just arrived in korea a week ago. A busy week since i needed to find an apartment, to go to the university for paperwork and i was trying to find a job to pay the bills. But Luck was on my side since the school found me a place to stay and a job as a french teacher in a language school. Tired of umpacking things, I sat on my couch and sighed. School start next week and I was a bit excited.

Seoul university was bigger than I expected. I spent 10 minutes searching for my department when ,and desperate, i asked a young girl. -Excuse-me? -Yeah. -Do you know where is the language department?

- Yes,it's this way.

She pointed a direction with her finger.

-Thanks. I 'm Meg.

-Baek Minji.Nice to meet you.

-Nice to meet you too.

We started to walk towards the building talking about ourselves. Minji was 2 years younger than me (I'm 24) and she studied korean litterature. When we reach my class, i said.

- I'll see you at lunch.

-Yaeh. Good luck.

-Thanks!

The classes are very interresting even if it's was hard sometimes to understand. At lunch time, I went to the canteen and spot Minji with another girl.

-Hey! -Meg.This is Yoona. She's in the same class than me.

-Nice to meet you.

 We were talking when Minji's phone rang. Her ring bell was SHINee's "lucifer".

 -Do you like SHINee? I asked

-You know them?

-Yeah. I love KPOP, it's quite popular in France.

-WHOA amazing ! said Yoona

-But I prefer Superjunior.

-Who's your bias? Minji asked

-You mean the one i prefer.

-Yeah.

-I think it's Sungmin.

-You think?

-I love them all, but Sungmin has a little something more for me. I explained

-I see.

We continue talking about Kpop ,laughing about silly jokes or anecdotes. At the end of the day , I went to my job and gave my first lesson. It's was funny. As I came back home, I stopped to a street shop to buy dinner.

The first few weeks of school was the same: classes,talk with Minji & Yoona,work... But one day,as I cleaned up my desk at work, one of my colleague said.

 -Meg can I ask you something?

-Sure Kate!

-This afternoon I had a one-to-one lesson but my student forgot something and i can't bring it back today, would you mind going for me?

-No problem, what is it?

-A phone.

-Ok, give me the address, i'll drop it.

She gave me a piece of paper with the address and I left. The building was next to the Han river and there was a booth at the entrance.

 -Hi, I'm here to bring back something to the appartment number 1104.

-You are?

- Megane Villette, from Seoul international language school.

-OK, Keep silent what you'll see or hear.

A bit puzzled , i nodded nonetheless.

-It's at the 11th floor .The man said.

-Thank you.

I took the elevator to the said floor and see only one door. Does this flat take all the floor? I thought. I pushed the bell and waited.

-Who's there?

-I'm from SILS.

The door opened and i felt my jaw drop. In front of me was Donghae.... Superjunior's Donghae.

-Oh ! I whispered

-So? He said a bit confused.

-I'm sorry..I..Came to bring back a phone.

I took the phone out of my bag.

-That's sungmin 's.

 I look down at the phone, surprised. Since,the phone was pink, i assumed it was a girl's one.

-Sungmin loves pink. I said to myself.

-Yeah,but..How do you know that?

-I'm an ELF..kind of.

-OH crap.

-But don't worry I won't tell anyone I swear. I added quickly.

-Ok, I'll take it.

I put the phone in Donghae's hand and i look up.

-Can i asked something?

-Yes.

-Does Sungmin studies at the school?

-Yeah he takes some English lessons, why?

-Nothing, I never saw him that's all. But whatever...Thank you Donghae-shii. Bye.

I bowed and left to the elevator.

 -He's your bias,doesn't he? Donghae said

I turned to face him,dumbfounded.

-Hum...Yeah.

 -He's inside,you know.

My eyes opened wide from the surprise.

-Sungmin come please! Donghae yelled for the former to hear.

-No wait i'm not....ready. I said

He chuckled and the door opened on a Sungmin wearing a polo and a pair of jeans.

-What?

-She brings back your phone.

-Oh thanks. Sungmin said with a warm smile

-You're..Welcome.I was dazed. He was far more handsome in real.

-I need to go. Bye.

And i ran away, my heart beating so fast and cheeks red.