Losing You

Losing You

"Who is he?"

Silence.

"Who is he Kris!?" The man who is currently in an oversized shirt, holding a knife from previously cutting vegetables, questioned a bit louder. Kris didn't even give him a second glance and continued reading the comics from the newspaper. Slamming the knife into the cutting board, he strides over to Kris and rips the newspaper from his grip, tearing it in the process, and throws it somewhere behind him.

"Goddamit, Kris! Just answer my ing question!" The profanities had finally caught Kris's attention, but not enough to answer. Instead Kris opted for, just staring at his enraged fiance. He knows from previous arguments to just let him fuss, until he tires himself out. And then swoop in after and start comforting him, and tell him the same spill:

"I love you."

"I would never hurt you."

"Your all that I'd ever need."

And though it seemed like a awful thing to do to his soon-to-be-husband, it always sated the other. Kris stood up when he felt tiny fist beating at his chest, trying to get a answer out of him.

"I ing hate you! Why do you always do this to me!? Am I not enough!" He yelled, tears starting to flow down his face. But when the beating went on for too long, Kris grabbed both of the fragile wrist, and held tight, so he wouldn't have to endure it anymore.

"Let me go! Get your filthy hands off me!" The smaller yelled and struggled, until he finally tore himself away from the strong grip.

"Kris, please just tell me who he is?" He asked curling himself into a ball on the ground. Kris has been waiting for this moment all morning. The soft voice, the tears, the curling into a ball on the ground, are all signs stating that his fiance is tired out, and ready to be comforted. Kris was a bit surprised, usually Chen would go on longer than this, but he wasn't going to miss his chance. Kris sat on the floor and pulled Chen towards him so that he could rest his head, where Kris's neck met his shoulder. And began rubbing small circles on his back, beginning the first of many stages of comforting.