Forever & Always

Forever & Always

 

ONE-SHOT: FOREVER & ALWAYS

Tick tock tick tock.

The time was ticking and still there’s no sign of the person she waited for. It’s been nearly an hour since the promised time.

Tick tock tick tock.

Tiffany anxiously looked at the time on her watch and bit her lips, pondering if she should walk out or should she wait a little longer for him to arrive. They’re supposed to have lunch together that day. He told her that he’ll be late for a bit since he was caught up in the meeting but now it’s merely impossible for him to be so late like this.

Tick tock tick tock.

She kept on looking outside the window to see if he was anywhere to be seen but no avail. Did something go wrong? Did something happen when he’s on his way here? She felt uneasy by that time. Sweat started to form on her forehead. She felt something but she couldn’t pinpoint what it was and pushed the thought aside.

Tick tock tick tock.

Her phone suddenly rang. She answered the phone without looking at its ID and thought that it was her lover, “Lee Soonkyu! Where are you?!?!”

“I’m sorry, miss but this is from XX Hospital. Are you somehow related to Mr. Lee Soonkyu because we got this from his phone that he recently called?” the person on the other side of the phone asked.

Tiffany heart nearly stopped when she heard it was a call from a hospital and reply stuttered, “Uhhh... Y-yes! I’m his girlfriend. May I know what happened?”

“Something happened just now but we need you to come down to the hospital right now as soon as possible, Miss. We’ll talk in more detail when you arrive later,” the person explained.

Tiffany immediately shut her phone and scrambled her bag to take out the bill to pay for her drink and then rushed out without waiting for her change. She immediately held one of the taxis and informed the taxi driver to drive her to XX Hospital.

While on the way to the hospital, her minds wander off back to December.

Flashback

It was their 1 day holiday together after the hectic hours from work that they always didn’t have time for them to enjoy.

“FINALLY!!!!!! FREE TIME!!!!!” Soonkyu shouted while running around on the beach just wearing shades and short.

Tiffany chuckled seeing her beloved one was enjoying his time. She surprised him by inviting him to have holiday with her and he was more than happy to accept the invitation.

But without knowing, Soonkyu too had a surprise for her when they’re on their vacation.

“BABY! COME HERE, FAST!!!” Soonkyu shouted at Tiffany in glee.

“NO! I DON’T WANT! ENJOY IT YOURSELF!” Tiffany shouted back while started to run away from him.

Soonkyu who saw that quickly sprinted himself towards her direction and in no time, he caught up with her and immediately grasped her by her waist and lifted her up while spinning her around.

Tiffany shrieked in laughter and Soonkyu too laughed before both of them end up lying on the sand side by side enjoying the presence of each other.

“Did you have fun?” Tiffany asked while lying side way so that she can see his face.

“Are you kidding me? Of course, I did! We should do this more often in the future. We need to make sure we have time for this fun!” Soonkyu replied while looking ahead up in the blue sky.

Tiffany kept on staring at him lovingly. She just can’t believe herself that she’ll be in love with her childhood best friend after a long time being together. She didn’t realise he had feeling for her until her 3rd break up where he confessed to her that he loved her since high school.

After that, everything was magical. She loved everything about him. His eyes, noses, eyebrow and his luscious lips a.k.a his kissable lips. He always treated her better than her exes. He always make time for her, he even endure her complain. Yes, they sometime would fight but in the end, he’ll be the one to apologise to her even though it’s her fault.

“Earth to Tiffany Hwang Miyoung~~! Miyoungie~~,” Soonkyu called her out cutely.

Tiffany cringed at that. The only thing that she sometime would hate; his cuteness!

“What?” Tiffany replied annoyed.

“Are you daydreaming? I’d been calling you out for times, baby,” He stared into her eyes.

“Yeah, I kinda did,” Tiffany replied sheepishly.

“What is it?” Soonkyu asked in curiosity.

“I’d been thinking back on how I fall in love with my own best friend who is now m boyfriend,” Tiffany replied smiling.

“Did you regret that you love me?” Soonkyu asked.

“Never! Why would I regret to fall in love with my best friend who’s been there with me since we’re kid? You understand me better than any other guys out there,” Tiffany answered truthfully.

Soonkyu was grinning like a fool that he inched closer to her and kissed her. The kiss the immediately turn passionate. Tiffany then woke up and sat on his lap and continued to kiss him. Soonkyu on the other hand had some mischievous idea that he lifted her up without breaking their kiss and walked towards the sea and dropped her when they’re in the water.

“LEE SOONKYU!!!” Tiffany shouted.

Soonkyu laughed out loud when he saw her pouting in anger. They then chased each other and sprinkled some water towards each other. They enjoyed their day that day.

It was until the dinner time where Soonkyu surprised her with something that she won’t forget. They finished their food before Soonkyu walked towards the waiters and asked for help. He then went back to their table and smiled at her.

“What?” Tiffany raised her brow.

“Nothing,” Soonkyu kept on smiling.

The waiter then came up to them and handed Soonkyu a bouquet of pink rose. Soonkyu then thanked the waiter and turned his attention back to Tiffany. Tiffany looked at him in confusion.

“Here, for you!” Soonkyu passed her the pink roses.

Tiffany took it happily and smell the roses, “It’s beautiful and smells nice. Thank you!”

“Not quite! Look into the roses, Miyoung,” Soonkyu told her.

Tiffany followed his ordered and looked into the roses. Then, she found the baby blue little box. She took it out, “This?”

Soonkyu took the box and then he stood up and went to Tiffany’s side and bent down on his knees while open the box to reveal a white ring with their name carved in and said,

“I want you forever, forever and always,

Through the good and the bad and the ugly,

We'll grow old together,

Forever and always.”

She was speechless right at that moment. She didn’t know what to say when Soonkyu took her hand and then settled the ring on her ring finger, “You don’t have to give me your answer now but I would you to wear it.”

She cried and hugged him tightly while people around them stared them in awed to see such a sweet couple.

End of flashback

“Miss, we’re here!” the driver said.

Tiffany’s mind then is back to the present and paid for the bill and ran towards the hospital. She pulls up to the entrance and walked right to the front desk to ask immediately for the room of her lover.

The doctor and a nurse then approached her and lead her down a hall, a maze that’s never ending. They told her about what happened to him but she barely hears them because in her mind, all she thinks about right now was to quickly arrive by his side.

She tries to keep a straight face as she walks into the room and saw her loves was lying on the bed almost lifelessly but still in conscious except all of his body was connected to the machine and he wear an oxygen mask. She quickly side by his bedside and hold his hand. The doctor and the nurse then left for them to have privacy.

“B...Ba…by,” Soonkyu tried to talk.

Tiffany cried after hearing his sound. It seems like he’s too breathless, “I’m here. I’m here, Soonkyu-ah.”

“I…I’m…S-sorry,” he apologised.

Tiffany shushed him though she was sobbing hard at that moment, “No need to apologise, baby. You did nothing wrong. Let’s get yourself heal better, alright?

Tiffany caressed his rough, cold hand and continued, “Then, we’re gonna have some kid, have the good life and also the house on the hillside we’d been talking about since then where we would stay there forever and always through the good and the bad. We’ll grow old together to see our kids. And always remember that we’ll still love each other until we parted. Remember that?”

She kept on talking until she get a certain idea where she calls in the nurse to bring up the chaplain and she heard him saying a couple verses and she smiled though it breaks her heart. She then went to the next bed where there’s an old couple who were talking and asked them if they have a ring. She came back with a ring in her hand and as the chaplain stood there in front of them, they heard people around chuckling in tears on what’s about to happen.

She turned to Soonkyu and confessed exactly the same thing when he confessed to her except she added some in though she’s trembling,

“I want you forever, forever and always

Through the good and the bad and the ugly

We'll grow old together, and always remember

Whether happy or sad or whatever

We'll still love each other, forever and always

Forever and always, forever and always.”

 

His face is pale and he’s smiling when he heard her confessing. He’s blessed with this woman he fall in loves with. There’s nothing to regret.

Once Tiffany finishes her vows, the beeps are getting to slow. She leaned closer to him and his voice is almost to low as he whispers to her,

“I love you forever, forever and always

Please just remember even if I'm not there

I'll always love you, forever and always.”

 

Tiffany now cries harder and nodded. She hugged him and in less than a minute the beeps comes to an end.

I will always remember that, Forever & Always. Farewell, my love.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this while I was listening to:  FOREVER & ALWAYS
It's sad, I know but it's a waste if I don't write it. :3
Enjoy~~! ;D
Sorry that it's just a one-shot. Lol XD