Chapter 1

Country side life

 


Moving to the country


Woori's POV.  The sun decked the halls of my lonely little apartment. My bags were piled high by the door. Leaving for the country in a matter of minutes. I finished packing the last of my bag and stood at the door and looking back into my apartment. I smiled to myself the excitement to seeing my grandparents, uncles, aunties and cousins overwhelming me. I couldn't wait to see my family again. I rummaged through my bags making sure I hadn't forgotten anything. "Phone; yep, makeup; in the black bag, gum boots; got those too" I continued checking I had packed everything.

 
I hoped into the car after double checking and triple checking my suitcase. The drive was going to be very long so I put on song music. I pulled over after an hour of driving and stopped at the gas station to buy something to eat. I walked in and was welcomed to the sent of deep fried chips and burnt rice. As I approached the counter I saw there was a long buffet table lined with bulgogi, fried nice and ramen. The food was not my usual as I usually ate healthy 'city people' food like sushi, white steam rice and kimchi. I settled for a warm cup of spicy chicken flavored ramen and continued on my way.
 
I drove for another 2 hours, passing empty dry paddocks of wheat and hay. Occasionally I would glance at the fields with wild stoke like sheep, cows and horses. The country side was so peaceful, I enjoyed driving along humming to 'oh!' by Girls Generation. "Oh oh oh oh, Ah ah ah ah ah" I smiled to myself, even though I was alone I felt happy and the excitement still hadn't left my body.
 
I drove until I finally reached a familiar town. Wow I hadn't seen this place in years, the last time I came here was when I was 11 and it was my ajoessi (uncle) Jomin's wedding. I pulled into the long drive way that trailed up to my grandparents 
American Country style property. The farm was owned by my grandparents from my appa's side. My umma was born in the city so all her family lives in Seoul.
 
           
 
 
I pulled up informs of the house and walked up to the door. I knocked twice before hearing a familiar voice. It was my halmeoni (grandmother) calling. Seconds later the door was opened wide and my grandmother stood smiling at me. "Woori!". "Hi halmeoni" I smiled back. "Ah sonnyeo, come inside" she welcomed me into the peaceful, clean, cosy cottage. She showed me into the lounge room and sat me down on the couch. She ran off to the kitchen as my younger cousins ran down the stairs to greet me. "Woori!!" They all yelled tackling me to the floor with hugs. "Hey guys" I smiled sitting up on the floor. 
 
I scanned over their faces. There was 5 girls - Minyoung (14), Soohyun (11), Joohyun (11), yuri (6) and Junni (13); and 3 boys - Suho (5), Daesung (16), Sunwoo (12).
 
Yuri was ajoessi Jomin's (appa's younger brother). 
Soohyun, Joohyun and Daesung were my imo Jiin's (appa's older sister) children.
Sunwoo and Junni were the children of (appa's oldest brother) Taeil. 
Then there was my imo Dahee (appa's oldest sibling) whose children were Minyoung, Chanyeol, Suho and Dongwoo. 
 
"Woori unnie!!" Yuri jumped on me and hugged me tight. "Hi yuri" I looked around to find my other two missing cousins Chanyeol (17) and Dongwoo (22). "Where is Chanyeol and Dongwoo?" I asked Daesung.
 
 "They went into town with Jinyoung they won't be back till dark"
 
 "Jinyoung?" 
 
"Yeah he's the farmhand that works for halmeoni and halabeoji" I nodded in response. No told me my grandparents had a farmhand, what's the point of coming if they have already hired someone to do everything. Oh well. 
 
I got up off the floor and headed into the kitchen to where my grandmother was preparing miso soup. "Smells nice" I smile sitting down followed by my other cousins surrounding the dinning table. The soup was nice and warm. It made me feel homely and at peace, filled with love and carefulness.
 
After lunch I headed to the with my cousins to where my grandfather and uncles were preparing for a party. "Woori!" My halabeoji called to me. I walked over to him again followed by my trailing line of eight little dwarfs. I helped him and my other uncles with the tables. They were all preparing for the town festival which was due to be in 6 days from now. By the time all the tables were set it was beginning to turn dusk. So we headed inside to the aromatic smell of my grandmothers home made spicy ramen. 
 
I said goodbye to my cousins as they ran off to their own homes until all that was left was me, my halaboeji, my halmeoni  seated on the table enjoying an early evening meal of rice and bulgogi. The table was deadly silent everyone quietly eating the sound of chopsticks and spoons hitting the plate was all that could be heard.
 
After dinner i wandered out side to collect my bags. I carried them upstairs into he room i was staying. When i entered the room i noticed there were two beds. Two? Maybe there was two people sleeping in this room when the had a family gathering and they couldn't be bothered to move it? 
 
I sorted out my stuff and sat on the bed watching the sun set peacefully over the field where the horses were grassing. I was only early but i was exhausted from driving i flopped down onto the bed and decided to get some rest.
 
Authors POV.
 
Jinyoung arrived home around 7 o'clock from the market. It was dark outside and the air was cold and eery. He hoped out of his old red truck and quietly stepped onto the porch examining Woori's car. It was a small white hatch backed Hyundai; modern, sleek, clean the complete opposite of Jinyoung's dusty old truck. 
 
He entered the house to see Woori's grandparents (Koh Haneul & Koh Bonghyun) watching TV. "Jinyoung there is some bulgogi and rice in the fridge. You can heat it up if you like" Haneul called to him. "No it's ok I'm just gonna go straight to bed" Jinyoung walked up stairs and entered his room. 
 
Woori slept silently on her bed eyes lightly closed and mouth slightly open, breathing in and out causing her chest to move up and down. Jinyoung sat on his messy bed and looked at the girl for awhile, examining every move she made. Every detail of her face stuck in Jinyoung's mind as he lay down. Her eyelashes perfectly bordering her eyes and the way her short hair framed her cute face. 
 
Haneul and Bonghyun had told Jinyoung that their granddaughter was staying with them for 3 months and that she would be sleeping in his room. He had no choice but to say yes. Jinyoung lived on the farm next to the Koh's. His parents died in a car crash when he was 16 and the farm was sold. He was sent to live with the Koh's as he had no other place to go. Ever since then worked on the farm and helped around the house. 
 
The stars lit up the dark cold room through the window as Jinyoung laid down in his usually messy bed. His eyes never left Woori and her beautiful face. He was lucky to be sharing a room with such a pretty girl, but what was she like would she enjoy having Jinyoung sharing her bedroom.
 

KOREAN PHRASES

 

Bulgogi - BBQ beef
Ramen - noodles
Ajoessi - uncle
Appa - dad
Umma - mum
Halmeoni - grandmother
Sonnyeo - granddaughter
Imo - aunty
Halabeoji - grandfather
Unnie - older girl (respectful phrase) - said by younger girl
Noona - older girl (respectful phrase) - said by younger boy
Oppa - older boy (respectful phrase) - said by younger girl
Hyung - older boy (respectful phrase) - said by younger boy
 
 
Ahh I'm so sorry this took such a long time guys. I have been so sidetracked 
 
 COFFEEMARSHMALLOW
 
HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER 
I'm so sorry i made you wait a long time
But dw usually my chapters are alot longer thanks so much for subscribing
☆〜(ゝ。∂)
ILY 
MY FRIEND Julie ARE MY BEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD YOU MEAN SO SO VERY MUCH TO ME 
YOU WILL DO GREAT CUZ YOUR SO SMART/BEAUTIFUL/AMZING AND THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD 
ILY SO MUCH NEVER EVER FORGET THAT!!!!
P.S I LOVE YOU EVEN IF YOU HATE TAO 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO