Pabo

Pabo

Once upon a time, there was a boy…haha, just kidding.  But, no, seriously, there’s this guy.

Every time I come to the library there’s this cute boy studying at the far corner of the library. 

'Hm… well I’m not sure if he’s really cute, I only get to see his side profile.' 

His face is relatively small, but his cheeks seem, oh, so squishable.  Ah! His hair is blond and usually very neatly done. 

Though… today, his hair is down and he’s dressed in a casual black hoodie, jeans, and black rimmed glasses.  Casual, but still very cute.

'Ahh~… I need to stop staring, and get to work before my boss yells at me.'

Sigh.

'Another day at work.'

 

I push my squeaky cart full of books down the aisle, stopping at the first bookshelf.  I glance up to see him still at the back of the library intently reading a thick textbook and jotting down notes.  I smile to myself as I look back to my cart; I grabbed a few books in my arms, took one last look at him and walked into the aisle to start shelving. 

After two hours of shelving, I finally finished. 

Taking a deep sigh, I sat in the middle of the aisle, closing my eyes.  I let myself dose half asleep, hearing how differently the sound of the clock ticking, flipping of pages, and tapping of the keyboards sounded. 

I was about to dose to sleep until I heard a pile of books drop to the floor. A little irritated that someone just interrupted my almost nap!  I opened my eyes about to give that person a stare full of daggers when I looked to see… 'a head of blond a few feet away from me.  The black hoodie, the black rimmed glasses, the cheeks~'

My eyes went wide. 'It’s him!'

'NO---'

'Did he see me sleeping?!'

'Did I look stupid?'

'Did I drool?!'

I covered my face in my hands, rubbing my eyes and wiping my mouth, making sure nothing was on my face.

 

Our eyes met, and he smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry,” he said as knelt down to begin picking up the fallen books.  

I began to also pick up a few books that fell close to me, keeping my eyes to the ground, I continued picking up the books. 

I think about then, we were about done picking up all the books. Just one more book right in front of me… I began to crawl over to the book and –

“URG! OWWW MY HEAD,” gripping my head in pain.

“Ow~”  I heard another voice say next to me. 

I jerked my head up to see him right in front of me also gripping his head.

“OH NO!” I said to myself as I rushed over to, pretty much, hug his head.

“OH, I’M SO SORRY! I’M SO SORRY! I’M SO SORRRYYYYY!” I keep saying.

Oh…wait. I’m hugging his head… and he doesn’t know who I am…

My eyes shot wide open and I let go of his head.

“SORRY, I’M SO SORRY. I SHOULDN’T HAVE DONE THAT, YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM. AND AND –“

“Ha ha, it’s okay.”  He said as he smiled at me.

“By the way, I’m Youngjae.”  He said, extending his hand to me.

'He has a cute smile.'

His eyes crinkled and his cheeks puffed. 

'Awww, so cute.'

I smiled too. 

 

Remembering he still had his hand out, I shook his hand, giving him my name. 

We both smiled towards one another then I remembered we were still holding hands.  I quickly took my hand back and picked up the last book on the floor. 

I began to put the books back on the shelf, while he kind of just… stood there watching.

'Ahh, such an awkward situation.'

‘Last book, yes! And I can get away from this awkward situation.’

“Uhh, too short. Can’t reach,” tip-toeing to try and put the book on the shelf. But alas, I was an inch too short. Damn it.

‘Urg, it was the same stupid book that made us bump heads too. URG, STUPID book.’

“Here, let me.” He said, smiling and taking the book from my hand, placing it on the empty spot on the shelf.

“So, you work here right? I think I see you every time I’m here.” He asked after easily placing the book on the shelf.

“Yeah… you look kind of familiar too… Do you come to this library often?” I asked him already knowing pretty darn well that he comes to this library every Tuesdays and Thursdays at the same darn time.

“Ah… yeah... Funny thing though… I kind of just come to this library to sneak glances at a girl I like.” He laughed a bit, then smiled shyly, looking down at his feet.

'Ah… he already has someone he likes. Ah! I was stupid to be so attentive over someone. Wait --- I hope I don’t look like I’m upset over this. So ---'

“Ohhhhh~ how cute! Who, who? She’s probably really pretty and cute and everything nice right?” I smiled brightly at him to try to hopefully cover my disappointment. I just hope he didn’t see I really was sad.

“Haha, she is really cute. But I don’t know her too well sadly. So I can’t tell you who she really is. But maybe you might know her if I tell you? She comes here often too, almost as much as you, probably.” He smiled cutely and oh so brightly.

“Hmm.” He starts. “Well…She works here too.”

'Aw damn. Probably the other workers, they’re all so pretty. Probably that clerk girl. URG…Ahhh, I really want to cry right now~  Why did I get my hopes up for? Why did I get so attached to someone I don’t even know? Why?! I’m so stupid.'

All these thoughts started to started to fill my mind.

He starts again. “She is…”

Without me knowing, my eyes started to water and a droplet of water falls out from my eye.

He stares at me, a bit shocked.

“Ah, I’m so sorry, I really have to go now.” I said as I rushed passed him trying to wipe my tears away.

I ran out of the library, soon stopping when I got a good distance away, lips trembling and tears flowing uncontrollably now.

‘Ahh… I’m so stupid.’

“_____!” I heard as two arms embrace me, and pull me close to a warm chest.

'Black hoodie.'

I don’t look up. I just cried, hugging myself. My arms, a divider between the two of us.

I don’t look up, I can’t see anyways.

It’s blurry.

“___....” He says softer this time, still holding me. “___.... You pabo… You didn’t even let me finish, the girl I come to see every week… is you…”

At that I just cried harder, perhaps, tears of joy, I couldn’t stop. And he let me cry it out as he just held me tightly, smiling to himself...

'Yah, what a bastard!'