1

Unromantic Proposals 101

 

“Hm.”

“Yeah.”

“This won’t work.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Hey, Luhan-ah, what do you think about this one?

“I think…” Luhan shuffles closer to his boyfriend who’s pointing at a beige colored lamp next to the cream colored one that they disapproved of, his eyes squinting for a bit. “Uh-huh,”

“Hi! Can I help you?” A tall employee with an incredibly short-spock-ish-hair approaches them with a big smile.

“Oh, yes!--,” Sehun reads his nametag. “Chanyeol. We’ll be taking this lamp.”

“Great choice! I’ll be taking this now so we can test it.” He beams at Luhan and Sehun with those pearly whites and the two other lads couldn’t help but smile back.

“That’ll be great!”

After paying for their newly purchased lamp, Sehun and Luhan wave goodbye to Chanyeol who’s been very kind and helpful to them during their shopping process.

“Thank you for shopping in IKEA! Please come back again next time!” Chanyeol waves frantically until Luhan and Sehun are out of his sight.

The moment they arrive at their new apartment, Sehun excitedly opens the box of their new lamp and places it on the table beside their couch.

He switches it on.

“Oh,”

“Damn, we should’ve got that cream colored one.”

“Sehun-ah, I think it’s just the same. It’s just that the lamp is bigger than the table.”

Sehun looks dejected.

“We can always return this and have this replaced for a new one!” Sehun beams at his boyfriend. Yeah, they could do that.

 

 

 

 

“Sehunnie, I’m home!” Luhan greets from the doorway, dumping his duffel bag on the counter as he passes by the kitchen. He grabs a piece of stray Oreo on the way, not minding if it’s placed on top of the counter (and not on a plate or in its packaging) because Luhan is never one for proper hygiene and all of that. “Sehun-ah?” He calls again when he doesn’t get a response.

He hears quiet sniffing from the living room and follows the trail of—“Oh my god is that blood on my carpet!?”

“Huh?” He finally hears Sehun call out and the moment Luhan turns to look at Sehun, he runs to the younger one’s side. “Um, that’s actually cranberry juice—“

“Sehun-ah! Why are you crying? What’s wrong?” Luhan brushes the tears from Sehun’s cheeks with his thumb and embraces the younger one.

“B-bokura Ga Ita—Y-Yano, he just. Left. Like that! Luhan, can you believe it?! He left the girl just like that I—“

“Ssssh, Sehun. It’s okay. It’s just a movie.” Luhan pats Sehun’s hair lovingly and rocks both of their bodies side-to-side in a comforting manner.

“B-but—“

“I will never leave you just like that, okay? I mean, the moment I’ll only leave you is when I die, and that wouldn’t be too soon, would it?”

Sehun pushes his boyfriend away.

“You’re gross,” He wipes at his nose with his sleeves. “But I love you and no, you can’t die on me I swear to Wufan’s 12-inch —“

“SEHUN!”

“Don’t blame me! I’ve seen him too many times and it’s not like I like it!—OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY.”

“My is the only you’re allowed to see from now on, you hear me, Oh Sehun?!” Luhan stands up in rage that his boyfriend is actually—y’know.

“Ooohh, feisty. How about I take a look at it right now?” Sehun wags his right eyebrow suggestively as he shoots a look at the door of their bedroom.

“You’re for life.” Luhan declares as he starts undressing.

“No. We’re for life.”

With the DVD menu for Bokura Ga Ita left forgotten, Sehun and Luhan run to the bedroom, probably to erase Sehun’s memory of seeing Wufan’s . That was actually revolting.

 

 

 

 

“Luhan-ah,” Sehun calls the moment he arrives home. “I got you something!”

“Really?” Luhan leaves his fusion cooking session (of chow mien and kimchi) for a moment as he wipes his hands on the Thomas and Friends apron he’s currently wearing. “What is it?” He asks excitedly as he gives Sehun a kiss on the cheek.

“Ta-da!” Sehun pulls out a Beatles record from his briefcase and Luhan has never been happier in his life.

“Oh my god, Sehunnie! Where did you get this?” Luhan jumps excitedly as he takes in the A Hard Day’s Night record in his hands.

“I—actually I bought it in an online auction. I got it today. I know how much you love George ‘cause he looks like me—“

“Silly Oh Sehun! Why would you even think that? I love them for their music, okay? Don’t even compare yourself with George Harrison, please.” Luhan rolls his eyes and hugs his new Beatles record. He’s always wanted one.

“Ouch, I am deeply offended. I should probably take that back—“

“You can’t! This is my new baby.” Luhan pouts and retreats back to the kitchen.

“Wow, um, okay. Call me when dinner is done.”

 

 

 

 

“Just kidding,” Luhan says as he slides in next to Sehun in bed. He drapes an arm over the other’s too lean waist and gives him a kiss on the back of his neck. “You’re always my baby and nothing else can ever compare to you.”

 

 

 

 

“Hi! Welcome to IKEA! How may I help you—oh! You two were the ones who bought the lamp!”

“Hey, Chanyeol. It’s nice seeing you again.” Luhan greets the employee with a big smile, Sehun in tow with a very—angry face. “We actually need a new couch.”

“Oh? What for?” Chanyeol casually asks as he leads the two in the direction of the couches.

“You know what happened? We leave Kyungsoo and Jongin for about 10 minutes and they managed to get on my couch! That’s what happened!”

“Sehun, calm down! Don’t talk to Chanyeol like that—Ahahahah. Excuse him, he actually likes it when we do it on the couch but we can’t do it anymore since our friends um--, Sehun, do you like that black couch?”

Chanyeol has never been more scandalized in his entire life.

 

 

 

 

“DO NOT SIT ON MY NEW COUCH GODDAMMIT JONGIN.” Sehun shouts at the older one, who was about to sit down but got caught up in an awkward squatting position the moment Sehun rambled. Kyungsoo stands awkwardly beside Luhan. “Damn why did we even let you in our apartment again?” Sehun rubs his temples, trying to soothe an incoming headache.

“Um, Sehun. Did we. Did he do something wrong?” Kyungsoo asks, unable to move. Jongin is still squatting uncomfortably. So dumb.

“Don’t act like you don’t know what you did on my old couch! I love that couch!”

At least, Kyungsoo has the decency to blush.

“I’m sorry? And where do we sit?”

“First of all, stand up, Jongin.” Luhan suggests and helps the other one to stand up, like he’s some 60 year old man with a bad back. “Why don’t we proceed to the dining room to discuss your wedding?” Luhan smiles at Kyungsoo, then at Jongin.

“Why am I getting married again?” Jongin asks as he clings to Kyungsoo’s arm like a leech, avoiding Sehun staring daggers at him.

“You’re lucky Luhan is doing this for you guys for free. He’s the best wedding planner in all of Seoul and he’s doing this for free. That’s a hole in our bank account, damn.” Sehun rolls his eyes and raids the fridge for a can of Coke Zero.

 

 

 

 

Later that night, when it’s just Sehun, Luhan, and their spacious bedroom…

“You plan other people’s weddings every day. When can you get to plan ours?”

Luhan closes 50 Shades of Grey and turns to look at his boyfriend. “Oh Sehun, if you’re proposing to me, please do it again ‘cause I refuse to give an answer to such a stupid question.”

“Um,”

Luhan glares at him.

“Okay, okay! Geez, mother. Um--,” Sehun clears his throat. “I. Um—“

“Yes! Yes, Oh Sehun! Let’s get married!” Luhan tackles and lands on top of Sehun, dumping his thin self unceremoniously on top of his boyfriend.

“Um,” Sehun’s smile is too wide. “Yeah, okay. Let’s get married.” He plays with the ring in his hand. That went easier than planned.

 

 

 

 

--

unbeta-ed for now.