final.

Baekkyung

Word count: 1,153
Genre: Fl...uff?
Pairing/OTP: BAEKHAN
Chapters: 1
Title: Baekkyung



Drained
Literally. Paper after paper, lecture after lecture; I always feel drained. I can almost hear the afterlife beckoning me over to join them. Was this all really worth it? Now that I have entered the third year of college, one would expect me to grow accustomed to this lifestyle. Hell no. I want to be able to experience the life of a regular college student. Parties, kickbacks, blind dates all sound fun to me. Being a trainee of South Korea’s top entertainment company doesn’t exactly give me the benefit of the doubt as well. Sweating and practicing during the day to keep up with the other trainees, burying my face into the books during the night; I don’t necessarily have a “life” as one would put it.

“Byun Baekhyun! You’re doing it wrong again, please try hard to focus. Alright boys, let’s take a five.” the dance instructor said.

“H-Hey Baekkyung. here.” a soft voice sounded from behind me.

It was Luhan. The Chinese boy who still didn’t know how to pronounce my name correctly. He shyly handed me a cold water bottle. I looked up to his face and almost immediately regretted it. I took in a sharp breath. He is not a bad guy. He is far from that. In fact, he is the nicest most proper person I have ever met in my life. Since I don’t have the time to communicate with many people, I don’t really know how to treat them.

“Thanks.” I muttered, looking away from his face before I could fall deeper into his eyes.

“You tired? School is hard, right?” he asked. To say his voice was beautiful is an understatement. Even Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, would go crying at the sound of his voice. It’s so-

“Hello? Baekkyung? Are you that tired?” he questioned me. Luhan’s voice was a couple inches away from me. My eyes trailed down to his pink lips. His soft, tender-looking lips were not so far away from me.

Luhan backed away from me, seeing that I would not respond to him. His eyebrows creased and he slightly cocked his head in confusion. I silently begged him to stop and just get up to go back to practice. Does he not get that he was slowly killing me on the inside?

“Come on, Baekkyung get up. Time to practice.” he offered me his hand and I gladly took it, getting up and brushing imaginary dirt off of my pants.

Practice was over after two more long hours. I bid goodbye to the other members and stepped out of the building. I inhaled the fresh, cool air. I looked at my wristwatch which read: 12:30 A.M. Another late finish. I deeply sighed and was about to take another step when a faint voice called me.

“Baekkyung! Wait!” the all too familiar voice called.

The figure jogged up to me and panted. Parts of hair stuck to his face, a drop of sweat trickled down his forehead and his mouth slightly parted due to the short jog. Luhan put his hands on top of his knees and bent down, trying to catch his breath.

“Can we walk together? It’s kind of late.” he asked me. I could sense the slight tone of fear in his voice.

“Uh, sure. I guess.” I tried to make my voice sound less enthusiastic. I didn’t want to sound too excited or I might scare him away.

The walk home was rather silent; neither of us bothered starting a conversation but rather enjoyed the silence and calamity of the street in the middle of the night.
Since my house was close to the SM ENTERTAINMENT building, we arrived quicker than I wanted.

“Good bye, Luhan… hyung. See you tomorrow.” red-faced, I bolted into my house and shut the door. I leaned against it and slid down to the ground, playing the scene once again.

While we were walking, I stole glances at Luhan, admiring his beauty once in a while. He had his backpack slung on the left side of his shoulder and his right hand freely swaying back and forth while he walked. Although his hands were kind of veiny, it looked soft and warm. I reached out, wanting to touch it, but Luhan turned to my direction. I awkwardly cleared my throat pretending to swat a mosquito away.

“S-stupid mosquito.” I awkwardly smiled.

“You should smile more. It looks cute.” he said.

I searched his face for a sign of sarcasm, but he looked at me sincerely and the ends of his lips curved upwards. Thank goodness it was dark, or else he could have seen my red cheeks.

Right at that moment, my stomach twisted and punched the outsides. What was this feeling?


I shot up in realization and turned around to go back outside to Luhan, only to run into the door. Wasting no time to cry over my stupidity, I chased after the retreating figure.

“Hyung! Luhan hyung!” I yelled, not minding the sleeping neighbors. He turned around and looked at me questioningly.

“Baekkyung? What do you need? Your home is behind.” he said, trying to help me catch my breath.

“I-I hyung.” I cleared my throat, getting ready to tell him.

“Yes? Do you want water?” he took his backpack off, rummaging through the contents when I stopped him.

“Hyung. I have something important to tell you.” I said in a harsher tone than I expected. Again, he looked at me with that confused expression of his. Only if I could take that face into my hands and kiss him…

“I LIKE YOU!” I shouted as quickly as possible and covered my face with my hands. I can’t believe I just-

“Me too.” I looked at Luhan through the spaces between my fingers only to be met with his angelic smile.

“No, not like that. I like you. I want to be your boyfriend. I want to hold hands with you, hug you, kiss you, sleep on the same bed as you and wake up to your face.” I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

Luhan’s smile slowly faded, and I immediately regretted what I said. He must think I’m a homoual freak. Afraid of what he would say next, I covered my face again. I heard a laugh. A quite beautiful laugh.

“Before you get the wrong idea, I-“

“Me too.” He repeated.

He took my hands into his and gently lowered them away from my face. My eyes were widened, not believing what he said.

“Baekkyung. I like you too. I want to hug you and kiss you too. But what if other people think we’re crazy? What if they think of me as a crazy Chinese boy that-“

I pulled his face closer to mine and knocked my forehead against his. My lips slowly inched towards to him and I… kissed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

wow that was bad