Chapter 1: An Invitation

Aralis Prince

One day, Eunhee was managing the front desk while her mother and her twin sister were making dresses in the back room. The Chois have had this little business ever since Eunhee and Eunkyoung's father died. They were never a rich family, but with the inheritance money, they were able to set up a way to make a living. Even if it is a town shop, a lot of wealthy women buy dresses there. There are not many shops in Aralis left that weave their own fabric and sew their own dresses. Therefore, each dress is one of a kind. This dress shop is the only thing the Choi family has left. 

It was a mid-afternoon when a knock came upon the door. Instead of seeing the usual woman with an exorbitant Victorian dress, Eunhee saw a man wearing a blue coat with gold lining. She could tell from his uniform that he was from the palace. Surprised by the guest, she ran and opened the door inviting the guest inside. Eunkyoung and their mother came rushing from the back thinking it was a customer. 

Guest:"Is there a Choi Eunhee and a Choi Eunkyoung present?"

The twin sisters stepped forward given and a roll of paper each. The royal messenger bowed and took his leave. Eunhee and Eunkyoung watched as he boarded his white stallion and trotted down the street. Eunhee opened her message and it read:

The King and Queen of Aralis cordially invite Ms. Choi to a masquerade ball at the castle held in Prince Myungsoo's honor. Wear a ball dress and remember to bring a mask. A coach will come to pick you up six days from the  time you recieve this message at sunset. We encourage you to attend and will be graced by your presence. 

Sincerely, 

The Royal Family

 

 

I apologize if this is short, but I'm sort of making this up as I go along. ^_^ I will try to update another chapter before I go on my trip. I'm sorry again if this is really short, but I'm improvising. I know what will happen later on in the story, but I'm really bad at introductions. Thank you for reading and please look forward to future chapters.