10 Years Later...

The Last Of You

Juunen Zakura - AKB48

 

Atsuko woke up to the sound of her alarm. She swept it of her desk, creating the sound of a thud on her bedroom floor. She tried to open her eyes but quickly blocked her face with her hands and groaned. The rays of sunshine crept in through her bedroom curtain, marking a new bright future. Still laying on her bed, she tried to open her eyes and adjust it to the current lighting. After a while, her eyes adjusted and she made a beeline to her bathroom.

"My face..." she muttered to herself.

She the tap and washed her face slowly. The tap was set to the coldest temperature and by the time she finished washing her face she was wide awake. Then she progressed to brushing her teeth and combing her hair.

Hmm... It's this day already huh? Can't believe time went by a flash... She thought to herself while sounding a soft chuckle.

Just as she finished combing her hair, the song Dakishimemaretara rang through her house. She walked over to her desk and answered the call.

"Mo-"ACCHAN! OGENKI DESUKA? TODAY WE'RE GONNA HAVE A REUNION... AFTER 10 YEARS!" the caller cut her off before she could reply.

Who is this? This voice... "Tomochin?" Atsuko asked.

"DING-DING-DING!" Tomomi answered with glee.

Her excitement could be felt by Atsuko even from across the line. She smiled as she listened to Tomomi's chatter on what she have been doing for the past 10 years.

"Of course I know all about your activities. We're still idols after all!" Atsuko replied in a cheerful manner.

"I guess you're right. I guess I'll see you later then! Aitakatta~" Tomomi said before the line went slack.

Atsuko giggled a little and quickly proceeded with her outfit. She picked a purple button down and light blue jeans.

Who knows what those crazy girls might do later...

She thought of bringing a jacket along with her but decided that it would be better to tie it around her shoulders. She went over to her desk over and took a letter addressed to her. Sitting on her bed, she smiled as she opened it and read the letter for the third time since it arrived in front of her door.

 

To The Ever Loved Acchan

How have you been doing? It's your jester, Yuko. wwww~

Hmm... Did you know I'm pregnant now? I think it'll be a girl but the doctor hasn't said anything yet.

There's around 3 more months before the baby is born.

What do you think his/her name should be?

You don't have to mail back or anything...

Let's just talk during the gathering party, okay?

Dewa mata~!

 

She smiled and heaved a sigh as she looked up at her celiling. 10 seconds after looking upwards, she averted her eyes to the mini bookshelf placed on the edge of her room. She eyed a discolored box that has aged and is gathering dust. She rose up from her bed and walked towards the bookshelf. She took the box and dusted it with her fingers, not forgetting to blow some of the more recent dust.

The box is small, but it was pretty heavy for it is filled with letters, purikura, pictures, and even small notes from her high school days. The lid of the box was lifted up slowly and put away delicately. Atsuko took the contents one by one, searching for something. With a skilled hand she dug through the letters and put them away neatly besides the box lid. When she finally reached the bottom of the box, she traced her finger on it's outer lining.

Slowly she pulled what seemed to be a camouflaged flap, a secret compartment. It was a hollow space with nothing but a single letter.

As she was about to open it, her phone rang.

---

From: Maririn

To: Acchan

Acchan, you're coming today right? You better start moving that lazy or you'll be the last person to arive. wwww~ We'll be waiting for you ^^

Maririn

---

To: Maririn

From: Acchan

Hai! I wouldn't miss it for the world, I'll be there soon.

Acchan

---

 

She grabbed her handbag and stuffed her phone in. She quickly ran for the front door of her house. Just a moment before she opens the front door, she remembers about the letter. She looked back to the door to her room. She stood still, deep in thought, for a while. Her face let out an expression of happiness and she quickly went inside her room to grab the letter. Then she quickly left her house, not forgetting to lock it.

 

As she walked to the station, she thought to herself...

 

Takamina... Will you come today?

 


Author's Note: I decided to call the members by their first names, not family or nicknames. The nicknames are going to be used when the members are conversing and when Acchan goes on the time slip later ^^ Hope you liked it so far~!