Dream Girl

Dream Girl

Pretty much everyone thought your love for K-pop and love for most things Korean was well... weird.  Your family pretty much said you were obsessed.  And you agreed... to a certain extent.  You have had the dream of going to Korea for years, and when you found the chance to go for a couple weeks, you were going to jump on that chance.  Although the only way you would go if you could get a college credit for it.  So when your college agreed to let you do an independent study over there, you were beyond excited.  This is where your adventure begins.

 

"Finally time to get ready to head out to the airport!" you exclaim.

"______ do you have everything? Hair brush, tooth brush, deodorent?" Your mom asks.

"Yes mom. I am ready to go."

"Have your passport, phone card, plugin converters, tickets?"

"Yes mom."  You say.  With that you and your parents are out the door heading to Pittsburgh International Airport.  The drive was a couple hours long, and since you traveled a lot during your life, you slept easily.  When you finally arrived your parents walked you as far as they could.

"Remember to let us know when you get to your layover if you can.  If not, let us know something as soon as possible.  We will miss you, and most importantly be careful.  We love you." you mother and father said.  When you looked over to your mother, she had tears in her eyes.  You know on one hand she was proud of you of wanting to try new things, but you knew her mother side of her.  The one that didn't want to let her baby go. 

"I love you too." before you could continue the announcer called that your flight was boarding.  "That's my flight. I will try to talk to you later, I will miss you." You continue while getting teary eyed as well.  "Love you!" you yelled while walking away.

After you boarded the plane, you were really nervous, this was the first time flying and you were doing it by youself.  'I have got to be crazy thinking you could fly for the first time alone.' you thought.  During the take off you paniced just a little, but after the nausea subsidded you felt fine, well for the moment.

 

When you landed in Korea the first thing you needed to do is head toward Seoul National University.   You walked out of the airport with your luggage then tried to hail a cab.  After a couple minutes of fail attempts, you were getting frustrated.  "Come ON!!!!!" you yelled.  And it was if the cab driver senced your frustration he stopped.  Not knowing Korean, other than just a few words, you mannaged to get moving toward the right direction.  'This is going to be a pain!' you sighed while watching the beautiful Korean sights pass you by.  After what seemed to be an hour, you arrived at your destination.  You paid the cabbie then walked onto campus.  'This is much bigger than the college I attend.'  And this is the exact reason why you didn't choose a state university to begin with.  Once you checked in with the correct department, you were trying to find the building that you would be taking your Korean language class in. 

 

A few weeks later, you were stopped by someone after class. "Hi, I am Joon Kyung Yu and I am from SBS.  I am happy to tell you that you have been selected to play in a little game with the one and only Super Junior.  If you are interested, let me know and I will meet you at SBS to explain in more detail.  Here is my card."

"Thank you sir. Please give me some time to think about this."

 

Donghae's POV

"Hyung you have a big smile on your face, did you dream about her again?" Ryeowook asked me while I was sitting down to eat breakfast.

"Yea.  I just wish I knew who she was.  I can see certain details, but just like always I haven't seen her face."

"Maybe someday you will meet your dream girl."

"Yea maybe"

"I am not telling you again WAKE UP!!! Don't make me get the water bottle!" I heard Leeteuk yell from up stairs.  Normally he is calm so I wonder why he is yelling like he is.  A few seconds later he walked down the steps mumbling something about immature members and not waking up when something important just happened.  Finally the rest of the members followed suit and complained about having to get up early on their day off.

"What's so important that you needed to wake us up early?" Shindong asked while rubbing his eyes.  The rest of the group mumbled a sleepy yea while grabbing rice and the rest of the breakfast food. 

"I had just gotten a call from SBS telling me that we are going to be on another TV show.  This one is different from any of the ones that I have heard of, but they wanted to try it to see how it worked out.  We need to be in the building in about 2 hours to get more information." He replied without a hint of sleep noticable.

After breakfast we loaded the vans and drove to the SBS building.  When we arrived and was settled in to a private confrence room, a man named Joon Kyung Yu started talking to us.

"This is a different type of TV show.  You all know how you want to get closer to your international fans, so with your popularity we decided to choose you to start out.  This is going to be a game of hide and seek, in a way.  We have a fan from the US playing.  She will be hidding in a particular place. You will have the general place as in a building, park, etc.  She will end up giving you three clues as to where she is.  They will not be immediately one after another, and you will only see a caption, since she can not speak fluent Korean. 

This will be a competition between the different members. The person who finds her first goes on a "date." The winner can take her anywhere they choose. Since she speaks English, we thought we would add Henry in with the group for the show.  Henry has already been prompted, and knows as much as you do.  Are you all willing to partake in our little game?" Only small mumbles of yea were able to be heard.  "Very good.  If a few days, you will be sent the general location and a picture of the participant."

 

A few days later

3rd person POV

 

Today is the start of the game.  You had your picture taken and was told it was sent to Super Junior.  Joon Kyung Yu picked you up from the University and was dropped off at your location.  He briefly told you to take a look at your surroundings and to stay put.  The team would be in contact with you in a few minutes.  The place was deserted.  Not a child was in sight, even though you were at a park.  You found a bench that was in decent condition and sat down waiting for further instructions.

 

Super Junior woke up early to have makeup and hair done for them.  After a bit, they were all settled down and were waiting on Henry.  When Henry arrived the crew started filming and Leeteuk was handed the folder.  He opened it and stated that she was in a park.  He then looked at her picture and passed it around from member to member.  When Donghae had his hands on the picture, he froze.  Time seemed to stop for him as he continued to study the face on the paper in front of him.  Donghae finally was broken out of his trance when Eunhyuk stated "Donghae pass it down." 

______ sat on the bench for a few more mintues when the crew got her attention and said for her to pick her first clue.  When she was ready they sent a message to the other group.  When given the OK she said "there is a swing set."

"There is a swing set" flashed across the screen.  The members were confused of the first clue, then suddenly Donghae jumped out of his chair and ran to the entrance of the building.  The camera man followed as closely as possible, but when he got into a cab the connection was lost. By time the camera man had gotten back to where the rest of the members were, the second clue was flashing across the screen.  "there is a fountain"  Henry jumped up and was getting ready to walk out when he was grabbed by the elbow. 

"What's wrong, I know where she is!" Henry exclaimed. 
"Henry sit down.  Let him go." Sungmin said.

"What why?!" Henry said.  Ryeowook just sighed while Siwon asked for the cameras to be turned off.  When they were sure the cameras were off, Kyuhyun told Ryeowook to continue.

"Starting about a half of a year ago, Donghae started having these dreams.  They had were featuring this girl, but he had no clue who she was or what she looked like.  Slowly the dreams started becoming more and more occurant.  During these dreams they would do various things like go on "dates" and act like a real couple."  The sounds of the next clue was starting so Ryeowook stoped so the cameras could roll again.  The third clue was "abandoned."  When they were sure the cameras was off again Ryeowook continued. "Slowly Donghae started to fall for this mystery girl.  To the point that he confessed to me that he thought he was falling in love with her."

"But isn't she just a dream?  Nothing says she is real." Henry asked.

"He feels that she is very real.  Plus judging by his reaction he found her.  That's the girl that hyung has been talking about.  The one in his dreams." Ryeowook answered.

Another half an hour passed and _____ was sitting on the bench still.  "Can you check to see if they have figured out the location?  I don't know how much longer I can sit here.  I am starting to get bored." _____ asked with a little whine.  The crew nodded, obviously  agreeing with her.  It didn't take long for them to get a response back saying that one member had left, and that was it.  "Have they seriously not figured it out?" she mumbled.  With a large sigh she mentally prepared herself to sit for a while longer.

The other members were wondering why that call came through.  Donghae left a while a go, so why hadn't he found her.  Just as Kagin went to call him, Eunkyuk got a call.  "Yah, where is she!? She is not here? " Donghae's frantic voice came through the reciever.

"Where are you at?"

"At _____ park where her first clue said she would be." Eunhyuk looked over at the crew and asked if they could reveal the location the fan was located.  After a short converstion with _____, she decided that it would be ok for them to tell him.

"Donghae, she isn't at that park, she is at _____ park." Kyuhyun stated.

"Wait is everyone there?!  Why hasn't any one else left?" Donghae asked back while calling a cab.

"Because we don't feel like it." Shindong stated.

"What he is trying to say is that the answer is for us to know and for you to find out." Sungmin added.

"Fine I am getting off here, I am on my way to her." Donghae huffed before hanging up.

 

Not to much later ______ saw a yellow cab pull up.  Anxious of who would actually show up, her hands started shaking.  She let out a shaky breath, and then immediately gasped when she saw Donghae step out.  'I don't know who I was expecting, but I have to say this is a nice suprise.' she thought as he neared her.  When he was in talking distance she bowed respectively and said "Hello my name is ______."

"Hello ______, I'm Donghae." Her little shy "I know" made Donghae let out a chuckle.

"Well since I found you I guess I am taking you on a little "date."  She blushed a little and smiled.  This made his heart flutter.  He continued to say, "Who knows we may become friends." ______ let out a little chuckle and said "It won't hurt to just try, right?"

He shook his head, and held his arm out for her. "Well shall we go now?" She blushed a little and nodded.

At that moment he knew exactly what Sungmin was talking about.

 

He found his dream girl.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First story finished.  I hope you all like this.  I have other ideas so this can be put to a sequal if enough people are interested.  Comments are welcome.  Criticism is also welcome.