This Illusion

This Illusion

The wind wouldn't keep quiet. Hyun Seung lay still in bed, listening to the rustling of the leaves outside. His mind occupied with thoughts upon thoughts. What exactly it was though, he couldn't quite put his finger on. A loud bang was heard from downstairs. Hyun Seung jerked, pulling himself up from the comfort of his bed and rushed downstairs. "Seo Hwa?" With eyes wide he searched the room, "Yah, hyung," he looked at Tao with an exasperated look. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Hyun Seung picked up the pot Tao had accidentally dropped to the floor and looked at his friend again which stood there like a fool; a sheepish grin spread across his face. "Sorry Seung-ah. I was hungry and I had no food left in my refrigerator." "And so you decided to come and raid mine. In the middle of the night at that??" Tao looked sheepishly down at the floor, examining his feet. "Sorry," the older whined as he sent a pout towards his friend. Hyun Seung sighed, letting his arms fall to his sides in defeat. "Fine, fine. I'll make you some food," he yawned and scratched his stomach heading over to the refrigerator. "But Seung-ah?" Tao tilted his head, looking at the other's lean frame from behind. The younger hummed, "Who is Seo Hwa?" Hyun Seung froze, "N, no one," he sputtered continuing his work on top of the kitchen counter. Tao who was curious of nature scurried over to his friend, nudging him in the side. "Come on Seung-ah. Tell me who she is." A thought that Tao was exceptionally good at whining slipped Hyun Seung's mind for a second. "Honestly she is nobody," yet another sigh escaped his lips. "Seung-ah, come on. You can tell your hyung." Tao jerked back when Hyun Seung turned towards him, knife in hand. "Shut up, stop asking. Or you will get nothing at all." He motioned his hand over the fresh vegetables and chicken spread on top of the counter. Throwing his hands up confounded, Tao pulled back, letting the younger work in peace.

 

Letting Tao stay the night, Hyun Seung once again crawled underneath the soft comfort of his sheets. "Seung-ah," the soft call of his name coming from Tao's mouth sounded dreadful in his ears. No way he would stumble downstairs once again. "What is it hyung?" Hyun Seung could almost imagine the older's grin as he knew he had gotten his friend's attention. "You don't have any sharp objects now right?" Frowning at his older friend's sudden and peculiar question he decided not to answer. "You know what?" Tao continued, his eyes examining the roof in the living room, debating whether he should continue or not. "Never mind," Hyun Seung scrunched his nose at the older's bizarre behaviour, but he soon let it go. The moment of sleep he had been waiting for hours on end to get, finally came.

 

"Seo Hwa," Hyun Seung smiled at the beautiful woman in front of him. "Where have you been Seo Hwa?" The woman shook her head, letting her fringe bounce as it went. "Hyun Seung oppa," she bit her lip, turning their stunning rosy colour white. Hyun Seung frowned, "Seo Hwa, what's wrong?" As the young girl began to step away, his frown grew deeper. "Oppa, please forget me." Her big eyes were now teary wet, and all she could do was blink to keep them from falling. "Why?" His whisper was almost inaudible. "Even the loveliest dream bears like a blemish its difference from reality, the awareness that what it grants is mere illusion," the riddle that rolled off her strawberry coloured tongue made Hyun Seung shake his head, "I don't get it..." closing his eyes he could feel her hand on his cheek, "I'm your illusion Hyun Seung-ah. I don't exist." His eyes fluttered open, "Illusion?" The woman nodded, "I, Lee Seo Hwa is but a mere illusion inside of your head." Seo Hwa couldn't help but let a tear her cheek. "But you can't," no words were allowed to speak before the beautiful woman before him started to fade. "I love you," his call to her was heard, her smile was proof of that. "I'm sorry Hyun Seung oppa. Please find me elsewhere, a place your dreams have become material. A place where I am real." A smile appeared on his face again, "Will you remember me?" Their eyes connected. She nodded, "Always," a smile playing on her lips as she dispersed.

 

Hyun Seung jerked awake. A head splitting headache throbbing in his head. "Tao?" He looked at his still sleeping friend, his eyes shut and lips parted. "Honestly, " Hyun Seung chuckled as he got rid of the covers that were draping themselves around him. Rummaging through the kitchen cabinet he pulled out a set of painkillers, his glass of water already placed on the table. Glancing at the clock he picked up his phone from his pocket. 02.30 am. He smiled, looking at his own reflection in the window, "I must be crazy calling people at this hour," dialing an unknown number from the phone book he heard rattling at the other end and then a sweet "Hello?" Hyun Seung let out relieved sigh, "Seo Hwa is that you?" She smiled into the phone, "Hyun Seung oppa?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry it was boring right? Uhuhu ;n; It was kind of a test subject to see if I could improve my writing a bit, I don't know... I hope you liked it and for the ones who didn't and found it utterly and completely meaningless and boring, I'm SOOOO SORRY okay? ;n; 

Quote belongs to: THEODOR WIESENGRUND ADORNO, Minima Moralia