Chapter Three

A Kind of Love

Chapter 3

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes and the rays of the sun passing through the blinds hit my face. Today's second day of school and I'm feeling lazy. I rolled over to reach for my phone. I saw a pink sticky note on my table and took it to see what's on it.

 

Good morning, Jessi!

I didn’t disturb your moment with your bestfriend since I know you love spending so much time with her. So... I wrote just to let you know that  I took your car keys. ^^

 

I rubbed my eyes and yawned and continued reading without comprehension.

 

I know things register a bit slow in your head, I borrowed your car, I hope it's clear. Don't worry, I'll take care of her! PINKIES!

 

"NO WAY!!!" I screamed while making a few punches on my bed.  That girl knows how I hate taking public transport. After some drama, I dashed my way out of my room to check if she really took my car and an empty garage welcomed me. "." I cursed inside.

 

Just in case you get mad, I prepared you a breakfast in return. Oh.. you should thank me for that, girl! ^^  We're bestfriends! Hugs and kisses! Mwa! :*  See you at school!

P.S. Tiffany x Pink

 

"Oh yeah you're my bestfriend and I regret it." I scoffed and shoved in a piece of toasted bread in my mouth, bitterly. "I want pancakes though."

 

The train arrived just as I finished sending my ‘thank-you-for-taking-my-car-you’re-such-a-great-friend-I’m-so-proud-of-you’ message to Tiffany. And would you believe it, she said ‘you’re welcome’ after that? I bet she doesn’t know what sarcasm is.

When the train halted in front of me, I almost fell on the floor when a guy of my age ran himself in without even minding people around. It made me feel like landing a punch on his face, I swear. I can’t just be rude in public as I was wearing my school uniform so I tried so hard to keep my cool even though I was swearing inside. 

I went inside the train, trying to flash a smile though the scenario inside started to get terrible. The seats were occupied in less than a minute and nothing left for me so I just stood near by the door so it would be easy for me to alight when I reach my stop. I squeezed my body together to keep away from having skin contacts, making a few roll eyes but people are just insensitive sometimes. A man kept on hitting my shoulder every time the train halts but it's not really because of that why I am feeling even more annoyed right now. Didn't this guy's mom ever taught him to cover his mouth while yawning? I guess his mom didn't taught him to brush his teeth in the morning too. This is all Tiffany's fault.

When the train stopped and gather more passengers at a station unknown to me, a guy in a hoodie caught my eyes. He was running fast to catch the closing train door and he surprisingly did it but there's a problem. He is about to bump into my face. Oh no! 

I shut my eyes and gripped tightly onto the pole, praying that it won't hurt much. I lost my grip when he finally bumped into me. I was waiting for myself to fall on the floor but when I opened my eyes, my arms are wrapped around his neck and his arms wrapped around my waist. It's awkward.

I cleared my throat and we both withdrew from each others arms.

"Sorry." I heard him say and turned his back at me.

I fixed my hair and my uniform and tried to fix my gaze at the view zooming by to hide my embarrassment. That's really awkward.

And weird too.

I fixed my eyes outside but there was some force that's taking my gaze at the hoodie guy. Because I am not really that curious type, I observed him secretly. Although I can't see his face, he seemed to be a quiet type. He was standing there as if the world is about only him. The train is packed and as much as I want to move to see what he looks like, I can't. And as much as I want to know why I am observing this guy, I can't explain too. Maybe because I am not just the curious type.

The thing that happened next surprised me. He took off his hoodie, revealing a long silky brown hair. So this person is a she? Why didn't I notice that earlier? I got even more curious. When I had the chance to see what she looks like, my phone suddenly rang.

 

"Yuri?"

 

 

-------

 

 

Every day is the same. I wake up from bed, prepare myself for school, eat the same food mom has been preparing every morning for eighteen years, wear my favorite black sneakers and my hoodie, take the subway and bump into someone, enter the school, meet the same people, sit at the back and stare out of the window. 

It's all the same. 

You know, I can actually define my life in one word - BORING. I'm boring.

 

"Heyyy, Kim Taeyeon!"

And then you hear Sooyoung's voice trying to annoy you again.

"What?" I asked.

"Sunny and I met someone yesterday and she's really nice." I heard excitement in her voice.

"I see."

"You would've liked her too if you were here yesterday. Why were you absent anyway?" She crossed her arms under her s.

"Got any problem? Have you had a fight with your brother again? or did your mom scold you?"

I remained silent and stared out of the window.

"Ahh huh! You had a fight with your girlfriend!" I shut her an are-you-serious look. "Gotcha!" And then she grinned, proud of herself.

"Yuri is not my girlfriend."

"Oh come on! I know you're crazy over her."

"Stop it." I stood up. Sooyoung frowned questioningly and made way for me. I stepped out of the classroom and decided to walk around the campus for a while.

 

I strolled along the freedom park to get fresh air. Just then, I noticed a girl groaning while picking up her books that had fallen when someone bumped into her.

"Do you need help?" Without waiting for a reply, I helped her pick up her books. I thought she was staring at me but when I looked at her, she was looking down.

"You should get a locker. Carrying books around is pretty much torturing. Here."

"T-thanks." I smiled at her and started my pace again.

When I was about a few meters away from her, I heard her call my name. 

"Kim Taeyeon?"

I stopped and turned around. "You...know me?" I asked in puzzlement.

Her face changed to a stunned one and she strode her feet towards me. "Oh my gosh! It is really you!"

I chuckled silently at the girl's reaction, then I frowned and tried to think if we've already met before.

"Yeah?"

"I can't..oh my gosh. Y-you're here too!"

"Have we met before?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh, no no no. We haven't. I'm just your fan. I mean....I love reading your blogs! I do! They're awesome!  I can't believe you're studying here too!" I studied her and she seemed really happy to see me.

"Oh by the way..." She held out her hand. "I'm Tiffany."

Again, I gave her an awkward smile and returned the hand shake. Her voice gathered the attention of some students passing by and it made me feel even more awkward as I never liked attention unknown to me.

"Ahh. N-nice to meet you, Tiffany-ssi. I..uh..I have to go now. I have some class to catch up."

Without waiting for her reply, I quickly went back to our classroom. I kind of felt flattered. I didn't know someone's reading my blogs. Although I know I have followers, but that kind of recognition is worth something. Now, that made my day.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: FINALLY, I'M BACK TO UPDATE! SEM BREAK!! YEAH! 

ENJOY THE CHAPTER FOR NOW. I'LL UPDATE AGAIN, MAYBE TOMORROW? GOOD NIGHT, LOVELY PEOPLE!