I'm Sorry I can't be with You

My Last Performance
 
 Yuri walk away from Tiffany with a heavy heart. "Those eyes" she said to herself making her pace faster and faster. She wanted to get away from this place, she can't breathe. Yuri quickly run. Taeyon saw her running away from the crowd, she thought that Yuri would join her back, but she was wrong. She was shocked to see her face. "Yuri is crying" said Taeyon to herself "but why?" she put her gaze to the middle of the dance floor. "Where is Tiffany?" She is more confused now. "Yuri!" Taeyon follows Yuri, but she knows very well that she can't catch her. Yuri is a runner. She won many medals through track and field, but she will try her luck today. "Yuri!" called Taeyon again "Aish, this girl is really fast" she lost Yuri "Where are you?"
 
Yuri is driving her Montero, going straightforward without knowing where to go, she just want to get out from that place. "Daddy, I'm ready!" said the young Yuri. That scene is very clear to her thought. "Why it has to be you. Why?!" she punch the steering of her car. "Tiffany Hwang!" she stops her car in the middle of the highway. "Daddy, come here, look!" young Yuri said excitedly pointing to the small crab.
Slowly Yuri's past creeping to her mind. The past that she dares not to remember. The past that she's been hiding for so long. "No "Yuri mumbled while leaning her head on the steering.
 
Flash Back 19 years ago
 
"Daddy, I'm ready!" the young Yuri jumps to her father's arms. "Aigo, my little sweetheart is very heavy" joke Mr. Kwon. "So, where would you like daddy bring you?" Yuri pretends that she didn't know where to go, she was thinking deeply, her father observes her and then pinch her nose "You little brat, I think I know the place. Okay, I'll bring you to the amusement park" the young Yuri was so happy because it's been quite a long time since her father spends time with her. Yuri and her dad happily riding the different kinds of rides. 
 
They are running to and fro, they never mind the people around them, they just love playing after each ride they had. "Dad, can we buy ice-cream?" Yuri ask her dad after their last ride." Mr. Kwon smiled and said: "okay, wait for me here" he settled Yuri at the bench and started walking in a slow pace, he was thinking of what had happened earlier in the company. 
 
SM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
 
"David, we had a serious problem. The company is falling." Mr. Lee said while leaning his back to his chair." If this problem will not be resolve, the company has to shut down, you know what I mean." Mr. Kwon raises his face only to see the sad face of the president. "Many workers will become unemployed, many families will be hungered and many children  forced to stop going to school. You are not exempted to this." Mr. Lee continued. "B--ut, sir" stuttered Mr. Kwon "You know How much I need this job" he bowed his head and just starred at the floor. 
 
"My daughter's birthday will be in next three months I made a promise to her. Is there no other way to solve this?" he asked in a slow voice. "There is" He raises his head again and starring to the president with a hope in his eyes. "We need a newcomer, talented and inoccent. A new talent that will capture the public's heart. If we found one, then maybe, just maybe the company will be able to stand back to its throne, but I don't think we can find it in the right time." turning his head to the window beside him. 
 
AMUSEMENT PARK
 
That's why he is here with Yuri. He uses this opportunity to look for a new talent, a talent that can easily captured the public's heart. "Sir, ohm, sir" he was called  the second time by the storekeeper "Oh, I'm sorry can I have a vanilla ice-cream please?" as he was waiting for the ice-cream he looks around and try his luck to find a talent, but his attention was taken by the little girl eating an ice-cream. He giggled when he saw some ice-cream smeared almost all over her face. He reached the girl and said: “Hello there, you have ice-cream on your face, do you want me to wipe it away?” she nodded. Without hesitancy he took a wet tissue. “There you go little girl” then the little girl flash a smile to him, a smile that causes her eyes to form into a crescent moon. David Kwon  was astonished to see the little girl’s smiling eyes. 
Meanwhile, Yuri was bored waiting for her father "What took daddy so long to buy my ice-cream? I wonder where he is now" Yuri started to look for her dad there are so many people in the park, she couldn't walk straight because the people around her are too tall for her. When she learned that its impossible to look for her dad alone, she decided to go back to the bench where her dad leaves her, but when she was about to start walking back to the bench she realise that she is lost. 
 
POLICE STATION
 
"Yuri! Yuri!" Mr. Kwon called her daughter as he saw her cuddling into her mother's arm. "Yuri, sweetheart, I'm sorry. As I came back to the bench you're not there anymore, so I was looking for you" Mr. Kwon said, but the truth is, he completely forgot about her because he was too excited to give the good news to Mr. Lee about the little girl that he found at the park. "Yuri?" the little girl just look at him in a minute, but remained in her mother's arm.
 
AT THE MALL
 
"Look, Mommy, it's daddy!" Yuri said in a happy tone. "Daddy! Daddy!" Yuri called while waving her tiny hands. Mr. Kwon is busy avoiding the crowd and the reporters. "Please, let us pass, the kid might get hurt" he begs, but before the crowd could hurt the little girl he picks her up and carry her into his arms. "Daddy! Da----d--dy!" stuttered Yuri when she saw her dad carrying another kid into his arm as if she was his own. 
 
She raises her head to look at her mother's disappointed face. "Come-on Honey, let's go" holding Yuri's tiny arm, "but mom, daddy is out there, can't we wait for him?" plead little Yuri "No, baby, I think daddy can't be with us again, he is very busy promoting that child." She bends down to Yuri while talking to her. "It's my birthday he is supposed to be with us" a sad young Yuri said. She stops walking and turn her head once more to where her dad is and the kid, she saw her laughing happily in her dad's arms. Yuri started to feel jealous. 
 
HOME
 
"How could you do that to your own daughter's birthday? Are you that busy?" ask Mrs. Kwon in a calm voice. Mr. Kwon had just arrived from work, he wanted to sleep so he can rest for tomorrow is another busy day "Aish, will you please stop nagging, I wanted to sleep, I am so tired" Mr. Kwon leaves their room and decided to sleep on the couch at the living room. One thing that he didn't know that little Yuri would have woke up in the middle of the night waiting for him to come into her room and kiss her on her forehead before going to bed. It was changed, everything has change, since that little girl came. She would see her mom crying, Yuri's jealousy is getting deeper.
 
AIRPORT
 
"Dad, aren't you coming with us in America?" ask the lonely Yuri. Mr. Kwon bends down to Yuri's level so he could look at her in the eyes. "I'm so sorry, baby, daddy is too busy maybe next month" Yuri hug him as she heard his daddy's promise. Mr. Kwon's phone rang in his pocket he let go of the hug and answered it immediately. "Hello, oh Mr. Jung, yes sir," He stands immediately and walks a few steps away from Yuri. "Really? of course, sir, she will be fine." Yuri is still standing at the place where her dad left her, as she is listening to every words of her dad, she is wondering who are they talking about. "her name is Tiffany Hwang, sir" her dad giggles as he mentioned that name since then that name never leaves Yuri's mind. "Tiffany Hwang" Mrs. Kwon distracts Yuri's thought as she came with their passport in her left hand. "Come on, honey let's go." Yuri is looking to her father who's still on his phone laughing. "Dad, we are leaving, dad!" her dad just look at her and wave to her. That was the last time he saw her dad that was the last laugh she heard and the last hug she had with him.
 
AMERICA
 
 Many Holidays, Birthdays, Christmas and New Years had passed still no daddy came. Yuri is still waiting at the doorstep for his father. She wanted to be the first to see him coming if he arrives, she waited for him almost every day, but later on she grew weary and tired until she started losing hope in her father's promised. "Congratulations, buddy." said Taeyon to her best friend. "Yeah, congratulations, too, Tae" giving her friend a tight hug. "Yuri, honey!" Yuri turned her gaze to her mother. "guess who?" as she reaches her phone to Yuri, the happy face turns into a disappointment "Yes, hello?" she sigh "ohm, Yuri?" a tear fell on her cheek as she heard this so familiar voice "Yuri, are you there, Honey?" she misses this voice so much "Da--d, da---d," Yuri is stuttering in her words. She had not talk to him for five years nor seen him in 13 years and now he manages to call her on her graduation, but before she could utter another words "Look, Yuri, honey, this is just a quick call, daddy is on the way to the conference room, I have a meeting, but I promise I am going to call you right after the meeting okay? Bye, baby and congratulations. Hey, is that for Ms. Tiffany Hwang" her dad hangs up "That name again, seriously until when am I going to hear that name from him, she just smirk as she remembered her daddy's promise. She knew it won't happen.
 
End of the Flash Back