final

Drabble

 

the scent of flowers grew stronger as chanyeol led his lover by the hand, weaving through tall bushes illuminated by the full moon high overhead. thankfully, it was a clear night and the summer heat wasnt in full swing yet.
his heart was pounding with anticipation inside his chest. he had planned this night so carefully, he just wanted everything to turn out right and perfect.
the delicate, white gazebo came into view, its railings lined with morning glories somehow still open and blooming, though it was the middle of the night. there were daffodils and tulips on the bench and a single rose right in the center. 
it was the only one among all its sister flowers and it stood out, glowing in the dim light, just like his beloved baekhyun who stood out to him among the thousands, even millions of other people he saw.
baekhyun gasped when they reached the gazebo, his eyes wide and shining. and chanyeol took a second to stare at the beautiful creature at his side, with brown waves of hair and full, pink lips.
and he decided to do what he came here for, to just do it. because he wanted baekhyun to be his forever and ever.
so he turned to him and got down on one knee, withdrawing a small velvet box from his pants pocket. his heart was pounding and his hands shaking but he managed to reveal the thin, silver and diamond band and look up at the man he loved, who was looking right back down at him, mouth parted in a soundless gasp.
"byun baekhyun," he began, a little shakily, "will you marry me?"
he probably looked a bit like a puppy just then, a hopeful look in his eyes as he stared up at his lover, waiting for a reaction.
the man laughed, a beautiful tinkling sound, his mouth stretched into a white smile.
one of his delicate hands reached towards chanyeol--
and pushed his head back, making him fall on his and drop the little box with a quiet thud.
"maybe next time," baekhyun said simply, shaking his head and patting the top of chanyeols before picking up the rose from the bench and waltzing away.
huh... chanyeol thought to himself. maybe two weeks was too short of a time to get to know each other.
oh well, he could always try again next week.