From Different Perspectives

From Different Perspectives

 

Im Yoona walks down the hall with a pile of documents in her hands. She sighs heavily but casts a smile to her colleague as he passes by her. She takes a few more steps until she stops abruptly when a ‘someone’ comes into view.

Her whole body stiffens at the sight of him.

There he is, the certain Shim Changmin she’s been avoiding all the time long. There he is with the look that kills, the smirk that is just so typical of him and of course, Victoria Song- the girl everyone loves and adores unconditionally.

He smiles at her and she feels the pain inside her chest because it’s Victoria he is smiling at- not her. She sees how his eyes sparkle and there it goes all over again. A strange feeling of desperation washes over her and she trembles a little before regaining balance over her body again. Every inch of her is aching for him to smile at her that way.

She shakes her head in disdain and presses her lips into a thin line. She continues walking while trying (hard) to ignore the way her chest tightens as she gets closer to where he is standing.

Their eyes meet and she stops short right in front of him. She curses herself silently for everything she is doing right now. She has planned to just walk by him and pretend like he doesn’t exist and yet she’s standing there looking at him with these eyes that contain a lot of emotions she can’t even explain. She stares into those beautiful eyes with the hope of finding something. She doesn’t know what she’s looking for. A spark? A message? His look pierces holes into her heart and she blinks away as she can feel the tears forming in the corner of her eyes. She gives him a slight nod before turning her head away.

Her steps fastened and she lets out a relieved sigh when she takes the next corner. She is glad that he isn’t able to see tears streaming down her face right now.

She’s never found an answer in her and him. And she’ll probably never do but a part of her desperately wishes that just then memories came back, flooding in his mind when his gaze met hers. And she hopes that it hurts just the way it should have been.

 

 

***

 

 

For a brief moment, everything is perfect to him. What couldn’t be perfect anyway? He has the perfect life and exactly the perfect girl. That is until he tilts his head to the side to meet the doe-eyes of Im Yoona.

He suddenly remembers how he’s always loved those eyes. Her eyes, though he would never admit to the fact itself, always had (and still has) a great impact on him. He feels how it is becoming harder to breathe.

Changmin blinks. He sees it. He sees all the hurt and the pain in her eyes. Somehow, it pains him and he doesn’t really know why. But he keeps looking into those deep eyes with a wish that she will never look away.

When she eventually turns her head to walk away, he knows that she doesn’t belong to him anymore- not that she ever did. Standing there and watching her walk away, he feels hopeless and devastated. He figures out ironically that she isn’t the only one hurt.

A part of him is struggling with the urge of running after her whereas the other part of him simply tries to ignore the way his stomach churns. His hand slips into Victoria’s and he manages to give her a smile.

In life, there are millions of choices which will lead to different paths. And Shim Changmin, he chose to ignore Im Yoona (and all the right thing his heart is telling him to do).

 

 

***

 


Author's Note: I wrote this out of the blue. I know it sounds so cheesy and everything but honestly, I've really tried my best on this one. It's actually the first time writing about Changyoon. But I had fun writing this down. This is dedicated to all the Changyoon shippers out there and to my ultimate OTP