Skeletons in the Family’s Closet

The Undercover Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skeleton's in the Family's Closet

 

Sulli was sitting on her sofa, legs folded and hugging a throw pillow, staring at the silent buzzing of her phone signaling an incoming call from Choi Minho. That was the seventh time he tried calling her tonight and she did not know what to do. She was still trying to sort out her feelings about the events that unfolded today. It turned out that Choi Minho, the man that was slowly worming his way into her heart, is President Choi Hyuk Man’s second son and he was going incognito in order to learn the ropes of the company. He is a chaebol; the second prince of CC Corp. monarch. Sulli did notice that Minho had the aura of authority and the smell of money but she never really focused on the latter because what matters to her was the person himself. She never would have thought he was beyond her league.

Everybody was shocked and surprised at the revelation of course; especially the project team members. They were also now privy to the fact that Secretary Kibum is Secretary Kim Jung In’s son. But none of them was angry or upset at the news when Secretary Kibum explained the reason why Minho had to go undercover. It was by the president’s orders, so being the filial son he was, he had no choice and Sulli could actually accept that reason. On the other hand, both of them were involved more than just as colleagues. She remembered his sudden confession and passionate kiss. Was that also a part of his undercover persona? Even if it was real, how could she be with the president’s son? Omma …

“It’s the best company, omma! I beg of you … please let me work there” pleaded Sulli with her best aeygo.

“No! … Never! I will not let you work with CC Corp. Ssul. Please listen to me, dear” came the answer from her mother. Sulli have never seen her mother being so strict before.

“Why, Omma? Tell me? Make me understand …” asked her.

“I don’t like the president of the company for personal reasons”, was the curt answer given by her mother.

“Omma … I’m working there because it’s the best company in the nation and to say no would be the end of my budding career. Please …” she pleaded again, virtually on her knees, rubbing her palms together.

Her mother, Kim Minji studied the face of her daughter; trying to gauge the depth of her pleas. The old lady’s eyes softened a bit and Sulli know that she won.

“Promise me to stay away from the man’s family, Ssul” her mother said looking at her straight in the eyes.

“Promise me that you will only be a staff, working hard and gaining experience. I’ll give you a year to be there. After that, you need to find another job” her mother continued.

“If for whatever reason, you get too close to them personally, you need to leave. No questions ask. Just tender your resignation and leave. Promise!”

Sulli knew that her omma’s heart was softening a bit. So, she quickly agreed; anything for the job of her dreams.

“Promise!” said Sulli.

Sulli agreed because she knew that she would never be in close contact with the president’s family members. It was ridiculous to even think of it because the company was so huge. Most if the employees only have seen the pictures of their President and son in the newspapers. Of course meeting them at the odd meetings and gatherings were given but never would she imagine that she would be involved romantically with his son in a million years. Though she never knew the reason why her mother hated Choi Hyuk Man but she really thought they would never cross each other’s path like today. What was she supposed to do now? Resign? Talk with Minho? … She could not think straight, so she took a deep breath and force herself to think..

Think Sulli, think! … Think Sulli, think! … Think Sulli, think! 

By the hundredth time she chanted the mantra line, she knew what she needed to do. Sulli packed an overnight bag and reached for her phone. Quickly, she sent an email to her immediate superior saying that she will be on an emergency leave for tomorrow and then left her place to find a solution to her current problem.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The occupants of the black car parked outside of the building suddenly when on alert with news of movement by the target. It was their job to follow, take pictures and report back to their customer as soon as possible if there was any progress. The driver noticed that the target only brought w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter