The Raffle

All or Nothing

The last day of Taekyung University.

Today, not only was it the last day of college for a month or two, but it was also the day where the names put in the raffle would be chosen.  Rather than being excited for summer, the students of Taekyung University were hyped up about an event that was about to unfold; the name picking for the contestants of the Game. All exams were currently finished the days before and students were making their way into the auditorium for the school-wide event. A student traffic jam could be seen near the front of the double-glass doors of the old building as teachers scrambled to and fro to make sure students didn't slam each other against the doors in order to get in first to the auditorium. 

The auditorium room was bigger than most and seemed like what you be seated in to watch a play. The room was filled with benches that circled around the stage at the first floor of the building. A lone mic and a stand that held a jar filled with slips of paper were present on the stage, the selected teacher to pick the names still not present. Students swarmed like angry bees to get a good seat, the first and second level of the dome-like structure already filled to capacity. The sound of shouts, laughter, and chatter echoed around the room, making it seem fuller than it already was.

On the first floor of the auditorium room was a male individual accompanied by his best friend sitting to the right of him. One leg crossed over the other and a wad of gum being chewed in his mouth, he radiated the feeling of arrogance. His chestnut brown hair was styled to perfection, complimenting his acute facial structure that, if it weren't for how he was sitting or how expensive his clothing seemed, would have one mistaken that this individual was anything but an . 

[Junho's POV]

It's been thirty minutes. Thirty ing minutes since I've sat down in this uncomfortable bench waiting for the damned event to start. Chewing my gum that had lost it's sweet flavor long ago, I take a glance over to the right. A scowl formed on my face as I watched my friend occupy himself with his 3DS, playing Animal Crossing New Leaf or some stupid gun game, I didn't care. A huff left my lips as I pushed my back against the cushioned back of the bench I sat in and I tilted my head up. Students were still piling in the room like animals running away from a wild fire. 

"You'd think they'd start the event right now..." I mumur to myself as I look down and take the pack of gum out from my jeans pocket. "And we ran here like some kind of idiots, skipping lunch, only to wait for more than half an hour for other students to get organized." A small scoff left my lips as I fiddled with the pack of the watermelon flavor of 5Gum. I only had three sticks left, much to my disappointment. I rolled the current wad under my tongue and lightly pressed on it as I looked up and glanced to my right once more. Kyuhyun was still occupied with his 3DS and, since we sat next to the aisle, there was no one on my left. Slowly, I took out all three sticks of gum and unwrapped them. It was a pretty trashy thing to do, but I stuck all three gum sticks in my mouth when I made sure no one was looking at me. I chewed on it with somewhat difficulty, seeing as though the wad was now being formed with six sticks, until it turned into somewhat of a ball.

"Junho, did you just-"

"No." I cut off Kyuhyun and, as coherent as I could with a big wad of gum in my mouth, told him to shut up.

"There's drool trickling down the side of your mouth." Kyuhyun pointed out with a snicker, motioning with his own hand and mouth to where the drool was dribbing down. As I shot a hand out to quickly hide the fact that I, Lee Junho, had drool tracking down my face, Kyuhyun shut his DS down and gave out a small stretch. He looked around the auditorium and, just like I had did before, a groan left his lips. "It still hasn't started  yet, huh?" I shook my head as I the flavor out of the gum. I started looking around too. The third level of the auditorium room was finally filled and the fourth was half-way packed. 

"We should be beginning soon though." I finally replied and started to see if I could pick up some kind of familiar face from the crowd. It was dumb, but I tried to pick one of my other friends, Jiyong, out from the crowd. It shouldn't have been that hard, seeing as though he had platinum blonde hair. Many students in this school ranged from having black to some dark blonde shade of hair, so I thought Jiyong would have stuck out like a sorethumb, even if he didn't have red hair like a few other people. On the third row, I spotted someone with platinum blonde hair.

"Aye," I hit Kyuhyun on the shoulder and point at the male, rolling the wad of gum in my mouth once more. "I think I found Jiyong." Kyuhyun turns to look behind us and cranes his head up to see where I'm pointing. He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head.

"Jiyong's hair doesn't look that ed up." Kyuhyun stated. We both chuckle at his comment and I tilt my head and squinted, trying to get a better look at what this looked like. The male on the third floor was chatting with his friends, one earbud in his ear. He was turned to the side and far away, so we couldn't get a good view of his face. "His friends aren't gay looking either. Like, look at that male next to him. For a moment, I thought he was a girl!" Laughter bubbles up from the two of us again. Suddenly, the plump-lipped, big-eared male points at us with a concerned face and I realize I was still pointing at them. I put my hand down and pull a stoic face as I lean against the back of the bench, ignoring a complaint of a girl sitting behind us. The platinum blonde male suddenly turns around and learns forward over the edge, giving us a perfect view of his face. Kyuhyun stops laughing and, almost instantly, I feel anger bubbling within me within the first second of even seeing the other's face.

Jang Wooyoung.

Wooyoung's face doesn't look happy at recognizing me either. Our eyes are locked with one another and I'm sure I'm glowering at him by now. Unknown to the two of us, the auditorium is slowly falling silent. A growl leaves my lips and Wooyoung raises his middle finger at me, unable to do nothing more due to the huge gap between us.  off, son of a . In return, I make a peace sign and bring it to my mouth, each finger tip at a corner as I open my mouth and stick my tongue out. Go eat a . Right after I do this, Kyuhyun grabs be by my arm and forces me to turn and sit correctly on the bench. I jab him with my elbow and straighten myself out, resuming to chew on my gum.  

"It's starting." Kyuhyun informs me and I gave a small nod. I cross my legs again and straighten out my posture as the lights dim and a woman walks onto the stage. 

[Wooyoung POV]

"Junho's poking fun at you again." Jo Kwon suddenly tells me, the smile on his face dropping. I stop laughing and a scowl forms on my face.

"Where?" I demand, turning around and leaning against the railing. Jo Kwon points at two snickering males and I learn forward a bit more until I find out where they are. My nails dig against the metal as I ignore Kyuhyun and stare directly at Junho's sickening face. A small growl leaves my lip and I feel Kwon put his hand on my shoulder in reassurance. Oh, how I wish I could punch the living daylights out of that brat' face! If only I weren't on the third floor then I would have pulled something from the movies and start a fight. Instead, for now, all I can do is raise my middle finger. In return, Junho tells me to go eat out a and I roll my eyes. 

"Says the ..." I murmur before glowering back in his direction. Kyuhyun forces him to sit down properly and I shake my head, sitting straight back in my seat. I glance back at Kwon, who's face is twisted in a frown.

"You shouldn't talk about him. The two of you are acting so ridiculous sometimes!" He complains, "Throwing each other against the lockers, beating each other to a pulp, spreading rumours, ripping up homework in order to get the other kicked out of his class, ruining clothes--Aish!" 

"It's been going on since elementary." I state, trying to keep my cool. "Further, actually." Kwon knits his eyebrows in confusion and tilts his head. He opens his mouth, but I look away. "Junho's just not right in the head, I swear! And I'm not spreading rumours, y'know.  Anything that comes out my mouth is the truth. It's Junho who likes making things up! Son of a ing ! Literally!!" I get shushed by my fellow peers and I turn my attention to the stage, realizing that the event is beginning.

A petite lady walks up to the stage, her voice sounds like nails scraping against chalkboard. Her face is powdered white and her lips are drenched in red lip stick. She was probably our English teacher or something, seeing as though her Korean pronouncation wasn't too great. The lights in the auditorium is dim in some kind of way for dramatic affect and the woman's voice echoes throughout the dome room. She greets us and asks us how we're doing in that chipper voice of hers. A murmur of words come from the crowd as a reply and her smile widens.

The lady begins the start of the speech explaining why we do the Taekyung Games and nothing that's sparking my interest. She explains Go Taekyung, the guy who literally named everything after himself, and then how the game works. She goes over the rules, which isn't anything no one knows about, the settting, and the conditions. She tells us about the broadcasting and I'm subconsciously nodding along, every word that's leaving her lips just goes through my head. My eyes are glued on the container in front of her, filled half-way with names of people who want to participate. In those thirty or forty something names, only ten will be picked. I bit my lip and glance down again, in Junho's direction. For the love of God, I hope that bastard gets chosen and dies. Karma hasn't caught up to the lucky yet and it's been more than enough time for it to come. 

-

"Now, it's time for what you've all been waiting for!" The lady announces after what seems like eternity. I perk up and lean in, finally giving the woman my full attention. "In a moment, I shall finally pick the lucky ten to participate in the Taekyung Games!" The crowd roars in cheers and rude comments telling the hag to just ing tell the names already. The commotion lasts for about ten seconds before everything falls down into dead silence once more.  The announcer begins humming an upbeat tune as she wriggles her hand around and slowly dips her hand into the bowl. She shuffles the paper around until finally, she grabs onto one. A smirk forms on her plump lips as she slowly drags it out. My eyes are glued onto the paper as she unwraps it and narrows her eyes, trying to read the writing.

"For our first contestant we have..." There's a pause and I can hear someone groan. "...Lee...Chaerin!" I hear a group of students cheer and I look around, trying to see where the girl was. Unfortunately, I only saw her when she finally made her way onto the stage. She had golden blonde hair and a rather y figure. The teacher held her hand out to shake Chaerin's hand, but the girl ignores the kind gesture and idly stands next to the woman, crossing her arms. After clearing , the announcer reaches in and gets another name slip out.

"Next we have...Kim Minjun!" Unlike the first girl that went up, gasps of horror shot out through the crowd. I heard someone apologizing to this Minjun guy, telling him they didn't expect him to get chosen. I notice Minjun and his group of friends on the second floor and watch as the male makes his way down the walking aisle and to the teacher. He looks slightly scared, but he manages to give a bow and shake the woman's hand. However, once he's by Chaerin, a noticable frown is on his face.

"Third, we have.....Jang Wooyoung!" I froze in place for a moment. Kwon pushes me and I realize that she called me. I stand on my stiff legs and slowly walk forward, the shock still in my system. I hear Kwon giving me a small cheer in attempt to encourage me but, asides from that, everythings silent. Everyone has their eyes on me as I walk down the steps and, although I'm not scared, I am quite nervous for a bit.  But what do I have to be nervous of?

As I reach the front, someone's arm suddenly shoots out and grabs my forearm. I turn around and I meet the amused gaze of Junho's. Any sign of nervous in my system is washed out by irritation. The atmosphere around us is tense. Junho stares directly into my eyes and his grip is as tight as a vice on me. Not  wanting to waste time, especially with this jerk, I finally speak up.

"What is it?" I whisper, narrowing my eyes. Everyone in the damn auditorium is looking at us. A chuckle leaves Junho's lips and he suddenly lets go of me, crossing his arms and beckoning for me to go forward.

"Break a leg," He taunts with that smug voice of his. I in my breath and keep myself calm. I can't start a fight right now. "Kyuhyun and I already made a bet that you'll be the first to die." I glance at Kyuhyun, who shakes his head. There was no way Cho Kyuhyun would talk about me if he was trying to stop things between me and Junho. I glower at Junho once more.

"Shut the up." I interject and I yank his hand away. I can feel the acid trying to leave my pores and, before anything dramatic happens, I shuffle onto the stage. For safety cautions, I don't shake the teacher's hand but I bow and apologize for the delay.  I make my way over to the other contestants and stand next to...whatever his name was. Jun-something. I glance over to him and, to my surprise, he's already looking at me. An awkward smile forms on his handsome features and I grin back, just to be polite.

The raffle goes on more and during the time, I'm not really listening. I have my eyes glued onto Junho, who looks so content in that seat of his. The taunting smirk never left his lips and he's staring at me again. I can feel my hands clench into fists as my teeth grit against one another. I in my breath and I swear I'm shaking from pent up anger.

"Dude," Someone next to me whispers. I look to my right and see a new face. The teacher had probably called on the guy when I was distracted. "You okay?" He gives me a gummy smile, obviously amused by my anger. 

"Yeah." I reply through clenched teeth. The stranger pats me on the shoulder, letting out a stifle of laughter before he looks back at the crowd.  He murmurs something, but I don't quite catch it. 

"...Horvejkul Nichkhun!" At the name, I freeze. Oh no...Not him either. I stare at the stairs and watch as a slender, tall male makes his way down.  When he comes to the stage, he gives the announcer a warm greeting and bows. She giggles and lightly hits him as he gives her a flirtatious wink before moving down the row of contestants. He shakes hands with C-something and Jun-something before coming to me. I back away a bit.

"Hello, Wooyoungie." His voice is sweet like sugar but I know those intentions behind it. However, I give him a small smile. He seems happy about that and then moves to the male next to him.

"Ok Taecyeon." Unlike how he greeted me, his voice is cold. I glance over to the two in curiosity. 

"Go away, Nichkhun." Taecyeon hisses at him and shoves him forward. "No one likes you, ing copycat." The Thai male stumbles a bit, skipping over the tall male next to Taecyeon and greets a rather cute female before standing next to her. Taecyeon clears his throat and straightens himself out. He glances at me and lightly bumps his hip against mine, motioning at me to look back at the crowd.  At the little ordeal between Taecyeon and Nichkhun, I realize that I missed the woman announcing Kyuhyun's name. He's already giving her a half-hearted bow and was walking towards me.

"Sorry about Junho." He whispers and I give a small nod. 

"It's okay." I reassure and pat him on the back. "Good luck, Kyu."

"Same to you." He trudges on with his head high in pride before standing next to Nichkhun. He shoves his hands in his pocket and looks at the crowd with a  rather bored expression. I press my lips together, continuing to look at him and I wonder, why is he friends with Junho? If you take away his snark attitude and his gaming addiction, Kyuhyun was nice. He aced all his classes with a simple flick of his wrist and, although he kinda was a , he wasn't too fond of treating someone like dirt. Well, not when Junho was around.

The teacher announces another foreign name and I watch as a girl who's face seems like she's permanetly smiling makes her way towards the rest of us. She's cute, I thought. She gives a heart-warming grin at the lady, giving two bows and made her way down the stage. Jun-something stops her though.

"Fei, oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He exclaims with a frown. She giggles and pats his hand that was placed onto her arm.

"No, Minjun." So that's his name... "It's not your fault. I mean, it's better I'm here, right? I can continue to watch over you~" She pinches his cheek, "And I'd rather not watch you struggle to live through the television screen knowing that I can't do anything. So don't worry, okay?" 

"If you say so...But isn't it kind of worse? Since you know..." Minjun gives a pout and, feeling like I'm intruding something, I look away. Fei gives a hum and lets go of Minjun before continuing on. Taecyeon tries to start up a conversation but she ignores him. I clear my throat, trying not to laugh as Taecyeon shous a complaint at Fei. 

"Finally, we have Lee Junho!" The woman announces and the feeling of excitement rushes through me. Yes. A rather wicked grin forms on my face as I watch Junho stride his way over. He sneers at the lady and then ignores most of the contestants. While he's coming to me, I stick my foot out and trip him.  The thud he makes as he falls onto the wooden stage echoes throughout the area and, just for a good measure, I give him a jab in the ribcage. He curses loudly and tries to get up. I'm about to stomp on his hand before Minjun interfers. 

"Stop it!" He growls at me and lightly pushes me aside. Does he not know who Junho is? I glare at Minjun as he kneels down to help Junho up. Seeing as though someone is showing him positive actions, Junho pretends to be hurt and allows Minjun to help him. 

"..." I murmur, earning a snicker from Taecyeon, as Minjun asks if Junho is okay. He nods and sends Minjun a bright, obviously fake smile before walking as if he had a limp. Minjun turns around and glares at me, saying nothing as he walks back to his spot. 

"You could say that he's a hoe." Taecyeon jokes and, at first, I didn't get it. Taecyeon explains that it's english slang and then, realizing what a hoe was, I laugh.

"He'll anyone that's nice to him." I add in and Taecyeon chuckles. 

"I bet he'll be a homewrecker when he grows up." He comments as he glances back at Junho, who just slapped Nichkhun's hand away from him. He jabs the Thai boy and trudges on, grinning at Kyu and ignoring the Chinese girl. 

"He's definitely a boyfriend and girlfriend stealer." I pointed out, "You don't even know the lot of it."

"If he has an like that, I'm pretty sure I don't!" Taecyeon snickers again and I swear I already like this guy. "I don't think I want to know either!" The guy next to Taecyeon is looking at us weirdly, so I awkwardly clear my throat. I point at the guy and Taecyeon turns to his right, his face growing pink in embarrassment. "Oh .." Taecyeon murmurs and presses his lips tightly together. The teacher is looking at us with a rather annoyed expression and, seeing as though we're finally settled down and quiet, she continues.

"Alright everyone, these are your contestants for this round of the Taekyung Games!" She exclaims, "Let's give it up for Lee Chaerin, Kim Minjun, Jang Wooyoung, Ok Taecyeon, Hwang Chansung, Im Yoona, Horvejkul Nichkhun, Cho Kyuhyun, Wang Fei Fei and, last but not least, Lee Junho!" Everyone cheers and we wave at the crowd, our soon to be sponsors. The cheers die down as the announcer taps the microphone twice for everyone to be quiet. She announces the closing of the raffle and the anthem of our college plays. After acting as if we were prideful for this school, everyone who wasn't chosen was allowed to leave. 

The announcer was clearing off the stage and, finally, the contestants were able to mingle with one another.

Author's Notes

I rushed this long chapter, sorry!! Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! Stay tune for more, ja? ;] Holl@.