Niji~~

Niji

Title: Niji

Author: Nina

Pairing: YamaChii

Genre: Romance, Friendship, Angst

Rating: PG-13

Summary: You are more beautiful than a rainbow…

 

 

“Yuri…”

 

I stared at his crying figure crouched under our symbolic tree.

 

Those watery eyes… Those wet cheeks… Those trembling lips…

 

I screwed up again.

 

He stared at me and I saw him pout.

 

He never changed. He’s still cute and loveable whatever his condition is.

 

“Sorry… I’m late… I didn’t see your message earlier.”

 

He ran towards me and pulled me in a hug. I hugged him back as he kept crying on my chest.

 

“What’s wrong?” I said as I caressed his back… “I’m sorry… I’m always late… Are you angry?”

 

Yuri lifts his head from my chest and smiled at me, “It’s nothing… Thanks for coming Ryosuke.”

 

I sighed…

 

You’re always like that when you’re sulking…

You hide the things that are important to me…

 

I know I’m just your bestfriend… Someone that is always there for you.

 

I’m sorry…

Am I not even qualified to be your bestfriend? You can’t even tell your secrets to me.

 

If that is true…

 

How can I even be…

 

…Your boyfriend?

 

I’m sorry… For being a coward…

 

~~

 

I’ve known you since we’re 8 years old.

 

You’re sitting under a sakura tree. You are surrounded by flowers, lilies to be exact. The first time I laid my eyes on you… I knew…

 

I knew you’re the one. My childish heart is telling me so.

 

I saw you staring at the sky… You looked so angelic.

 

I’m a coward but I didn’t know where I found the courage to approach you and ask your name.

 

“Anou~ Yamada Ryosuke desu! Umm… May… May I know your name? I want to be your friend.”

 

Your gaze turned from the sky to me.

 

“The rainbow is beautiful right?”

 

“Eh?” I looked up and I saw an arc of seven colors illuminating the sky that had just cried an hour ago. I

smiled, nodded at you and silently told myself, “You’re more beautiful than that.”

 

“I’m Chinen Yuri, it’s nice to meet you Yamada-kun.” He smiled at me and I swear the time stopped.

 

 

I became your closest friend since that time.

I became the happiest person existing in this world full of hidden colors.

 

But why…

 

Why can’t I tell you that I love you?

 

10 years have passed… My feelings didn’t vanish, it just exploded into a thousand more beautiful colors. Will I be happy just to be close to you?

 

~~

 

Days after our encounter in that sakura tree, our secret base as we call it, you became gloomy.

 

Where does my energetic Yuri go? You didn’t even respond to me when I tell you my greatest jokes.

 

What’s happening to you? What is the reason for your tears at that time?

 

I became worried so I texted you. I want to meet you. I want to discuss the matter.

 

It’s the same place as always…

So today I’ll go there first and wait for you…

 

The sun is shining brightly as I sit under the sakura tree. I touched the tree. The only thing that has witnessed my secret love for you…

 

I search for my hidden writings there. I smiled as my hand explores the carvings I made 8 years ago.

 

I thought you’ll see it someday, but I guess it’ll remain hidden.

 

“I love you, Yuri.”

 

Hours passed… I am still waiting for you… You’ll come, right?

 

The seasons bring the evening sunlight…

The shadows find me and stretch toward me…

 

The sky rumbles and the next thing I knew, I’m being poured by the rain.

I looked at my wristwatch, 5:30 pm.

You’ll still come, right?

 

I hugged my knees and waited for you. Is this what you felt whenever I’m late?

 

I felt left out, betrayed, empty. I don’t care about the cold weather. Please Yuri, come here.

 

The rain turned to drizzle.

 

At last, I saw a figure running towards me…

 

You looked at me with a surprised face…

Then you suddenly purse your lips and turn to look outside…

 

“There’s a rainbow…” You unconsciously smiled at me as you wrapped me in your warm hug.

All those negative feelings vanished and I felt relieved now that you’re here with me.

 

As you release me, you pouted, “Mou Ryosuke~! Why did you stay here even though the rain is pouring! You know I’m always sleeping in the afternoon! I just read your message a few minutes ago! What if you became sick, you know I’ll worry about you…”

 

I laughed at your cute way of scolding me… That’s my Yuri… The person that I love… The only person that I’ll always love.

 

I say “I’m sorry…” And “Come over here…”

 

Hey, look, look…

Our shadows are overlapping

 

You smiled at me. “You’re such a child… But I love the way our shadows are overlapping…”

 

My heart skips a beat. I started to speak, “The… The rainbow…”

 

You smiled widely as you heard your most favorite thing in this world. “Yeah… It’s so beautiful, right? It symbolizes hope… I wish I can be one when I’m gone someday… I’ll definitely give you hope to continue on…”

 

I smiled as I heard that… I silently told myself again, “That would be the most beautiful rainbow I’ll ever see…”

 

You pulled the hem of my shirt, “Let’s go home, Ryosuke… It’s better to discuss whatever you want when we’re home and drinking hot chocolate. You’re also wet, you need to change or else you’ll be sick.”

 

Our umbrellas bump together so I can’t walk straight…

You’re watching me like this and laughing…

I’ll show you that I can purse my lips the same way…

 

I pouted, “Mou don’t laugh at me Yuri!”

“Hai, hai…”

 

You took your umbrella away and I protested because you’re starting to get wet.

“Hey…! What are you doing?”

 

I became silent when I realized that you want to share my umbrella with you…

This moment of closeness is so magical, we’re walking together and you’re smiling sweetly at me…

 

Your gentle smile…

This time… This space…

They are so important to me…

That I could start to cry…

 

You’re so selfless. You always think of others before yourself. Who wouldn’t fall for you?

 

“I’m sorry… I always bring you trouble…”

 

“You’re my Ryosuke… Why would I be angry?”

 

I’m pursing my lips on purpose…

Without hearing the response to my apology…

I softly kissed you.

 

The umbrella fall from the ground and our bodies are softly moistened by the drizzle. Once again, that tree and the rainbow witnessed another step in our relationship.

 

At last… At last…

I’m able to let you know…

These hidden feelings of mine…

 

 

From now on…

If you want to say selfish things…

You can, if you want…

But only to me…

 

“I love you, Yuri.”

 

I silently wait for your response…

 

Why can’t you say it?

“I love you”

Just those three words

I want to hear it now and then…

 

But it seems like you don’t feel the same way too…

As I’m about to bow my head and run away you cupped my face suddenly and smiled…

And I knew right there…

 

We shared the same feelings since then…

 

~~

 

The bells of a wedding are ringing…

Here it comes…

Today is the day…

You and I…

Put our family names together…

The day our love bloomed…

 

I’m glad that I met you… Yuri…

~~

 

Even for a short period of time… I imagined our future…

 

I hope that scene will happen someday… I will patiently wait for the day our love will bloom Yuri…

 

The rainbow is beautiful right…

No, you’re the beautiful one…

 

These phrases… I’ve been dying to tell you these… I guess that time can wait…

I might use those words when I propose to you someday…

 

Wait for it Yuri…

 

I looked at your blushing face again and smiled…

 

For starting to look embarrassed…

Thank you…

Thank you.

 

I leaned down and kissed you again…

 

This is the start of our colorful love story… The thing I’ve been waiting for my whole life…

 

 

~~~

hoho there's a sequel <3