Not so bad

The Astronomy Club

 

He's trying to get rid of me. That's the only thought that runs through Jungkook's mind as Hoseok, once again, brings up the topic of joining a club. So far Hoseok's brought it up a total of fifteen times. Technically sixteen if Jungkook counted the conversation in the bathroom, which he would rather forget all together. Seriously, who tries to talk to you when you're peeing?

 

Apparently Hoseok, that's who. While the older male continues to drone on, not noticing that Jungkook wasn't even listening, the 3rd year snaps his finger.

 

"Did you even hear a word I said?" Jungkook raises a brow giving a what-do-you-think look. What did Hoseok do in a past life to deserve a dongsaeng like him? Probably arson.

 

"I don't need to join a club," Jungkook finally confirms when Hoseok is about to take a bite of his kimchi. The younger remembers a time when he actually stole Hoseok's kimchi and he actually cried (of course they were waaaayyy younger back then).

 

The older scoffs but ends up biting back a yelp when Jungkook's foot makes contact with his shin.

 

"No need to for violence, Jungkookie," Hoseok lectures using that ridiculous nickname Jungkook hates.

 

"Do you want me to kick you again," He questions angrily but a playful tug of the lips communicate otherwise. Hoseok would have taken the threat seriously if it wasn't for the fact Jungkook was as intimidating as a teacup poodle.

 

"Please, just consider it," Hoseok pleads, hands clasped tightly while pouting.

 

Usually Jungkook would just ignore the stare, the hopeful glint in the elder's eyes, or how ridiculous he may seem. He feels generous though. Thinking he has nothing to lose while giving a critical eye towards his hyung; Jungkook sighs.

 

"Fine."

 

"Wait, r-really?" Hoseok questions cautiously because the latter would sometimes give him false hope. Which, in Jungkook's opinion, was hilarious.

 

"Yup."

 

Jungkook watches as a stupid grin spread's across the black-haired male's face. Most likely mentally patting himself on the back for a job well done (even if it did take him a month).

 

 

Sometimes Jungkook likes to imagine what it would be like to be popular. How it felt to receive texts upon texts, people looking at him in envy, girls giggle everywhere he went. A boy could always dream, right?

 

 

Jimin was a 1st year, the same as Jungkook, except he was on the other side of the spectrum. What does that mean? Well, it means that Jungkook would never get a chance to talk to the guy face-to-face. Not that he found Jimin particularly interesting. No, that wasn't the case. He just wants to live vicariously through the male. That's isn't the healthiest way to live, of course (and not to mention very selfish).

 

The first time Jungkook talked to Jimin was in a small classroom filled with much more people than he expected.

 

The Astronomy club wasn't too well known, but Hoseok drags Jungkook there anyways (because it was the only club still taking students) in high-spirts.

 

Of course the same couldn't be said for Jungkook. The teen struggles, using every word in his vocabulary to threaten his friend.

 

"It sounds stupid," he complains as Hoseok manages to get his squirming dongsaeng to stand in front of the clubroom door. Jungkook was never fascinated with the sky, even as a kid, and astronomy was like Science. One of his worst subjects.

 

"Stop being a baby." Sliding the door open, Jungkook blushes slightly when all eyes turn on them.

 

"Hey kids, what are you doing here?" The teacher asks as he sets his phone down (Jungkook guesses it's okay since it's after school). Hoseok talks to the teacher while Jungkook takes in the appearence of the classroom. It was messy. Desks are strewn everywhere, the chalkboard's full of doodles, and bags of chips litter the desks.

 

"Oh, so you want to join the club?" The teacher's voice breaks through Jungkook's thoughts. He lets out a meek sounding yes. "Okay, well, you'll just need to fill out a form. Jimin-ssi, come here!"

 

Jimin? Staring at his shoes, a sudden feeling of inadequacy washing over him, Jungkook dares to raise his head.

 

Jimin, for one, was a little shorter than himself with cheeks that still retain some babyfat from years ago. Jungkook's never gotten a good look at Jimin before but seeing the bright smiling teen in front of him, he can confidently say he wasn't expecting this.

 

"What's your name?" I'm in your class, Jungkook thinks fighting the urge to frown.

 

"Jungkook," he finally replies in as pleasant of a tone as possible. Jumin doesn't seem to notice though and holds out a hand.

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jimin," I already know that, "so you're going to join?"

 

Jungkook shakes the hand limpidly before letting go. "Yeah." Jimin stares at him for an uncomfortably large amount of time causing Jungkook to look else where. Everyone had already went back to their own business (leaving him a little relieved) but he inwardly hops Hoseok would step in soon.

 

"Well, you'll really like the club. Everyone here is......uhh, interesting." Jimin manages to finish; he'd like to say nice but he couldn't say that in good faith.

 

Interesting's right, Jungkook thinks as he watches one teen fan himself with a Disney princess fan and a tall giant nibble on cherry tomatoes.

 

 

"So, are you joining?" Hoseok questions as he holds up the form the teacher gave them.

 

"Yeah."


"That's good." Although Hoseok was dying to ask what the reason was (because to him it looked absolutely boring) but he doesn't. Instead, he slings an arm around Jungkook, spouting nonesene about how much he's grown up

 

 

Despite popular belief, the Astronomy club wasn't as boring as it sounds. Even though Jungkook's only attended 3 meetings so far, he can personally vouch that it's a lot more exciting than it sounds (even if it did seem more like goofing off than actual astronomy).

 

"Yah, Lee Sungyeol!" A barrage of chalk smoke hit Jungkook as he opens the door; his eyes watering slightly as he makes it to the back of the room. "Can you at least pretend not to enjoy your punishment," Mr. Nam complains. He was always bad at disciplining his students.

 

"What happened," Jungkook whispers to Junhong, the only other 1st year besides Jimin. The taller in return only shrugs, muttering something about spitwads before going back to eating a small tomato.

 

Jungkook tries to suppress his smile but in the end fails miserably. This club really was something else.

 

"Which reminds me, why are you always late? I mean, you and Jimin-ssi are in the same class so shouldn't you arrive at the same time?"

 

Observant as always, Jungkook thinks plopping a plastic bag filled with snacks on the desk gaining everyone's attention. Apparently people only pay attention to you if you have food. He wonders if anyone's harnessed this power to become popular yet.

 

"Went to the convenience store."

 

"Waah, this is seriously daebak," Sungyeol says scaring Jungkook. How did he get there so fast? Probably with those long legs of his. "You're gonna' share these, right?" Staring at the senior's piercing gaze, Jungkook nods causing everyone to cheer. In a blink of an eye the desk once pilled with goods was now empty.

 

"You'd think no one feeds them," Junhong mumbles to the side causing Jungkook to grin. It can't be helped, he muses crumpling the plastic bag. Mr. Nam's voice telling the kids to be nice and thank him. No one listens to him though because the sound of bags opening drone out his voice.

 

"Ah, hey Jungkook, do you want to share?" Jimin offers confidently. Jungkook was too immerse in the male's presence to notice Junghong had gotten up and wandered off.

 

"Ah, s-sure." Hand groping blindly in the bag, Jimin's kind stare suddenly turns feral as Taehyung hollers out get a room.

 

Jungkook's expectations were meet as the whole class began to giggle. He doesn't care though and continues to eat because somehow the cookies taste sweeter when it was offered. Especially by Jimin (Jungkook makes a mental note later not to listen to Mr. Nam's cheesiness)

 

 

Climbing the side of a mountain was not an easy feat to do, Jungkook could tell you that much. In fact, it was pure torture. He wasn't even out of shape but only a quarter of the way through it felt like his legs were about to fall off.

 

"Just a little bit more," Mr. Nam says cheerfully, completely ignoring his student's exhausted expression.

 

When Mr. Nam entered the classroom yesterday with news of a fieldtrip, everyone was excited. Until later he explained that it would be after school. What good is a field trip if we can't leave early, Jongin complained while others backed him up. Even Jimin.

 

Jungkook lets out a sigh of relief when they finally reach their destination. Looking around the large platform area, he spots a few things off.

 

1: There were no telescopes. Didn't they need that considering they were the astronomy club 2: Zelo wasn't there.

 

He didn't exactly need Zelo with him all the time but without the pale teen he really had no one else to talk to.

 

"Hey Jungkook, over here!" Eyes flying over to where the sound came from, Jungkook hesitantly walks over to Jimin. "Look, this is Ursa Major," Jimin says as if it's the most fantastical thing in the world.

 

Jungkook looks up at the dark sky. Ursa was the bear right? Who the hell looked at that and thought, wow, that looks a lot like a bear.

 

"What's that one?"

 

Jimin laughs, "It's just a cluster of stars."

 

"O-Oh......"


"Everyone, it's starting!" Mr. Nam suddenly exclaims pointing at the sky. Looking up, the class was greeted with the sight of a meteor shower.

 

"Wow," Jungkook muttuers quietly as the streaks of light reflect across his eyes. Sharing his amazement with Jimin, the latter couldn't help but chuckle at how much younger the taller boy suddenly seems.

 

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w197/ixcyra/Gaia/Mini%20Shop/pagedivider.png

 

"I brought food.....," Jungkook's voice gradually softens as he sees the empty room. Well, not exactly empty, Jimin was sitting in the middle of the area, eyes staring out the window. What was he thinking about? Jungkook's blood runs cold as Jimin turns in time to see him staring.

 

"Sup Jungkook-ah, more food?"

 

"Yeah, where is everyone?" He asks taking a seat beside Jimin.

 

"Seems like Mr. Nam canceled club activities for today." Sighing in what Jungkook could only place as disappointment, Jimin reaches over and retrieves a chip bag. About to open it, the teen suddenly has second thoughts. Standing up, leaving the bag on the desk, and makes his way over to the door. He turns, one foot already out the door, before asking if Jungkook was coming.

 

"H-Huh?" He manages to croak out, a tad bit uneasy that it would only be the two of them.

 

“Let's go, unless you want to stay here.”

 

“What about the food?”

 

Jimin gives the plastic bag a side glance, “Bring it with you.” Us, Jungkook repeats gulping. Thinking over his options, he hesitantly follows Jimin out the door. Their hands almost grazing as they start walking down the hallway. The rest of the walk consists of small talk, like how much both of them hate math and how they both like to dance. Jimin suggests to start a dance club next year and Jungkook took a genuine interest at the proposal.

 

“Well, my house is his way,” Jungkook says pointing straight ahead while Jimin takes a step towards the right. Looking down, Jimin suddenly grabs a hold of Jungkook's arm.

 

“Let me see your phone?” Opening his mouth to ask why, Jungkook just gives in and hands the device over. Watching curiously as Jimin takes his own phone out.

 

“Let's hant out sometime, outside of the club,” Jimin suggests, handing the cellphone over, while smiling. Nodding his head numbly, Jungkook watches as Jimin's back grew smaller before walking again. His heart strumming profusely. Maybe joining a club wasn't so bad as long as Jimin was in them.  


A/N: Finally up! Sorry for the wait^^' Anyways did you guys here what our fandom name is called? A.R.M.Y (it has some fancy meaning about the korean word for beauty but I forget) anyway it's not so bad. It's pretty nice actually, better than being called bangers *shivers* although scouts would have also been fine.

Back to the story, thank you for subscribing and taking the time to read the story^^I really appreciate it and please don't be shy, comments are appreciated :3