I Should've Kissed You

I Should've Kissed You

Song: I Should've Kissed You - Chris Brown


"Hey, Luhan!" Jongin ran up to to the latter.
 
Luhan smiled and waved a little, "Jongin-ah.."
 
Kai slung his arm around Luhan's neck and grinned widely, "You performing tonight? I wanna go to EXO tonight.".
 
Luhan smiled a little, "Sorry, Jongin. I'm not performing tonight. I could come with you if you want to, though. Besides, I don't have anything to do.".
 
The younger was frowning when he heard his hyung wasn't going to perform, but his frown turned into a gigawatt smile, "Really hyung?! Okay! Come with me later, okay?"
 
Luhan chuckled and nodded, "Yes, Jongin. I'll meet you at EXO.", he smiled as he waved goodbye to Jongin and got in his car. He started the engine and sank back in the driver seat deeply. "Why can't I get you out of my mind?", he sighed and shook his head. He revved the engine and drove home. 
 
Luhan and Jongin met when Luhan just came to Korea ended up enrolling to Jongin's school and in the same class as Jongin is in. 
 
-Flashback- 
 
Luhan came early to school. There were only a few students lurking around the school. He went to the main office of the school and told them he was a transfer student. They gave him his schedule and told him to wait for their homeroom teacher. He nodded at the secretary and sat down as he waited. His homeroom teacher came and led him to his class. It looks like they're still having lots of fun until the teacher and he came. The students immediately got to their desks and sat quietly. The teacher introduced him to the class and he bowed slightly to them. There was only one unoccupied seat and it was beside a guy who looks so friendly. He heaved a sigh of relief and made his way to the seat. As he sat down and started taking out his notebook and a mechanical pencil, he saw a shadow of a hand on his desk and he looked whose hand was it, and it was him, "Hello. I'm Jongin, but you can call me Kai. Welcome to the school.". Luhan shook his hand and felt a jolt of electricity running through his body when he touched his hand. That's when he knew he liked him.
 
-End of Flashback-
 
They're on their third year of college, so Luhan is working part time at EXO as a singer for some expenses even though his parents practically gives him everything. Jongin, his bestfriend, always comes with him when he performs since the younger had always insisted on coming with him. 
 
Luhan wore a sleeveless button-down shirt and just wore his school pants. He threw in a loose necktie with his outfit, and he's good. He grabbed his black snapback and got his keys and his wallet, then went down to EXO. 
 
EXO was already crowded with college students and other adults. It's a Friday, so it's normal. Jongin was already sitting by the bar as he waited for Luhan. When he spotted Luhan in the crowd, he got up from the stool and pulled Luhan to the bar, grinning like a child. Kyungsoo was the singer tonight. He was a new employee. Jongin seemed curious to who he was and he was staring at him as he performed.
 
"You're my XOXO, L.O.V.E.
You're my XOXO, L.O.V.E.", Kyungsoo sang with fluidity filling his voice.
 
Luhan turned to Jongin and winced inwardly. Kai looked like he was so into Kyungsoo. Yes, Kyungsoo is attractive, but Luhan thought Kai looks better than him. He could've gone out with Kyungsoo, but he got his eyes on Kai. Kyungsoo looked to their direction and winked. It was either for Luhan or for Kai, but it was obviously directed to Kai since he became flustered and gulped down his drink. Luhan felt a pang of jealousy rushing in. He downed his drink in one shot and placed his glass down harder than he thought he would. It startled Kai, "Hyung, you alright?", he asked the latter. Luhan nodded, flustered by his actions, "Y-yeah. The glass just..slipped from my hand.". Kai chuckled and pat his hyung's back, "Be careful.". "Yeah. I will be.", Luhan muttered, not wanting the jealousy to show in his voice.
 
The next day, Luhan didn't have classes so he covered up for Chanyeol. The bartender was sick so his sister called in sick for him. He was going to sing after Kyungsoo does that night, but he still took are of Chanyeol's shift, that's what friends are for right?
 
He was wiping down the bar when he saw Jongin coming in, with a wide grin on his face. He smiled at him as he made his way towards him. "Jongin-ah..", he said as he sat down on one of the stools. Jongin sat beside him, "Hey, hyung. Is Kyungsoo performing tonight?". Luhan stiffened at the question, "U-uhm. I'll check.", he got up and walked in the bar and pretended that he was looking at the schedule, but he's really trying to calm his self down. Jealousy was all over his face, so he closed his eyes and tried hard to smile like he wasn't. As he walked back to wear Jongin was, he saw Kyungsoo peeking from backstage in the corner of his eye. He shook his head and sighed, then went back to Kai's side again, "Yeah, Jongin. He's performing.", he smiled. Jongin's grin was so wide that it hurts Luhan so bad, "Great! I'll sit here until it starts.". Luhan felt dizzy so he excused himself from Jongin. The younger asked if he needed any help and he just shook his head.
 
The people are already filling up EXO. Luhan started entertaining te customers with his skills, but he was actually trying to get Jongin's attention. When he thought he need to give up trying to get the younger's attention, he bowed to his audience and just mixed the cocktails and served the customers at the bar. Kyungsoo got up on stage and greeted the audience before he started performing. Jongin seemed to be lost in daze when Kyungsoo sang. Kyungsoo and Kai locked gazes for a short amount of time, but that little connection made them flustered. Luhan witnessed everything and it was very painful for him. When Kyungsoo finished the song, Luhan took his apron off and walked backstage. "Good job.", he smiled at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo flushes light pink, "T-thank you, s-sunbae.". Luhan just ruffled Kyungsoo's hair and continued on walking. He closed his eyes before showing up on stage with a big smile on his face. The audience loves him. He greeted them cheerfully and the audience were already enjoying his presence. "Tonight, I'm going to sing.. a rather sad song. Sorry, it's not the usual ones, but I promise, tomorrow's gonna be a blast!", he grinned as he pulled a chair in the middle of the stage, his guitar's strap slinging around him. He sat down and toned his guitar. He closed his eyes as he started singing.
 
"Why am I mad, I don't get it,
It seems like every time you give me signs,
And I miss it!
I did it again,
I admit it,
I left you standing there,
And now I regret it,
Seems like every time,
I get the chance,
I lose my cool, and I blow it,
And I get all tongue tied,
Lost in your eyes,
I'm a fool, and I know it!
 
I should've kissed you,
I should've told you,
Told you just how I feel,
And next time I won't stop,
I'll listen to my heart,
Cause what I feel is real!
I should've kissed you,
I should've told you how I feel,
I should've kissed you,
I should've showed you just how I feel
 
Now why didn't I
Give you my two cents,
A million reasons why I should have,
And it makes no sense,
So here I am,
By myself again,
Stopping for green lights, and I know,
I wanna be more than friends,
How come every time I get the chance
I lose my cool and I blow it,
And I get all tongue tied,
Lost in your eyes,
I'm a fool and I know it!
 
Hey,
I should've kissed you,
I should've told you,
Told you just how I feel,
And next time I won't stop,
I'll listen to my heart,
Cause what I feel is real!
I should've kissed you,
I should've told you how I feel,
I should've kissed you,
I should've showed you just how I feel!
 
So I turned the car around,
And you were right where I left you,
And your smile said you were feeling it too,
And the moon shined bright,
Cause when your lips met mine,
And yeah I finally got it right,
I'll be leaving with you tonight,
And I won't have to say,
 
I should've kissed you,
I should've told you,
Told you just how I feel,
And next time I won't stop,
I'll listen to my heart,
Cause what I feel is real!
I should've kissed you, Girl
I should've told you how I feel,
I should've kissed you,
I should've showed you just how I feel
 
Girl I should've kissed you,
I should've told you told you just how I feel,
And this time I won't stop,
Until I have your heart,
Cause what I'm feeling is real"
 
 
 
Luhan closed his eyes as he finished the song. Closing his eyes wasn't only for the emotion of the song, but also for his tears that are threatening to fall. He stayed seated in the middle of the stage until the lights went dim.
 
'I'll tell him now.. before it's-'
 
When he finally stood up and opened his eyes, the most heartbreaking scene that he's ever seen or ever gonna see in his entire life was happening right in front of his eyes. 
 
Kim Jongin kissing Do Kyungsoo.
 
His bestfriend, the person he's in love with for over the years, is kissing his co-worker and supposed to be "friend".
 
'Too late. You're too ing late, Luhan.'

The audience gave him a standing ovation. He tried his best to not cry in front of them. He bowed silently. His and Jongin's eyes locked. Luhan tried to smile, but it barely showed. Kai knew something was off, but he thought he'll just talk to Luhan the next day. He's going out with Kyungsoo now, but he felt rather.. empty. He closed his eyes and just continued talking to Kyungsoo. 'It's probably because we just started dating.', he thought.

Luhan skipped school for quite a few days or even a week, which was very unlikely. He knew he'll see Jongin with Kyungsoo, and the thought of it makes his eyes water. He always stayed at home the whole day. He even ignored Jongin's calls, voice mails, and text messages. He usually answers them as quick as he can, but with this situation, he can't. He can't face Kai yet, not with Kyungsoo. It'll be hard for him and he knows it. He was scheduled to sing at EXO that night, and he can't just call in sick this urgent, so he had no choice, but go. He was on his way to work when he saw Jongin with Kyungsoo again. He winced. Kyungsoo was holding on tightly around Kai's waist as the motorcycle they're riding speeds up on the road. Luhan tried his best to focus on the road. He doesn't want to get in an accident, and he doesn't want to cry before his performance. 

When he arrived at EXO, he immediately brisk walked towards backstage, ignoring Jongin screaming his name to get his attention. No, he can't look at him right now. He can't cry now. He needs to work, and he'll put aside his personal stuff away for now. When he got on stage, he became so lively. He started greeting his audience and trying to get them to be more interactive. His smile was wide, and his laughter on stage was very beautiful to ears, but his eyes doesn't meet his expressions. His eyes were sad, and he can't even look at Kyungsoo and Jongin's general direction. He's afraid he's gonna break if he does, so he doesn't. He started of with a few slow songs, then moved on with the more lively ones. He ended his performance at around 2AM with the song "What Is Love" that he wrote a few months back. It was his first time performing it, and to his surprise, the audience loved it. He got the courage to turn to Jongin and Kyungsoo's direction. It seems like Kyungsoo already went home, Kai was the only one there. He was standing and cheering for his bestfriend like the other people in EXO are. Luhan waved goodbye to the people and left the stage. No one knew this goodbye was for a very long time, except for the owner of EXO. He gave his resignation letter to him the same night Jongin and Kyungsoo got together. It's not that he doesn't like Kyungsoo and Jongin to be happy, it just hurts him seeing them together, and he thought he'll give his self a favor. He e last time to look at the audience and smiled brightly at them. He slumped on the floor in the backstage and sighed, "Good job for not crying, Luhan.", he told his self and smiled sadly. "Not crying? Why would you cry, hyung?", a voice from the stairwell asked. he stiffened. He knew that voice. It was Jongin's. He turned to him and got up, "It's nothing.", it came out colder than he had expected. Kai frowned at the latter's reaction, "Hyung, what's wrong? You're never in school. You ignored my calls and messages. What's happening?". Luhan just smirked even though the dam is about to break, "Nothing, Jongin-ah. I just needed a little thrill in my life. Why?", Kai was about to speak, when Luhan cut him off, "I'm going if you're not gonna say anything more other than scolding the out of me.". Luhan walked past Jongin, but Jongin caught his arm. He stopped walking and waited for Kai to talk. "Why are you like this, hyung? Y-you're never like this before.", Kai's tone was full of sadness. Luhan ignored his question and broke his arm free from Jongin's grip. He stormed out of EXO and went straight to his car. Kai felt his chest constrict. He's hurt. he doesn't know why. he wanted answers.

Kai was walking in school when he heard murmurs around him. He got curious when he saw a group of girls, who were really fond of Luhan, holding a newspaper and crying. He walked towards them and asked, "What's happening?". The girls were shocked that he, who is Luhan's bestfriend, doesn;t know what happened. Neither of them talked. Kai became impatient and took the newspaper from the girls. His eyes widened when he saw the article in the newspaper.


(A/N) I think I wrote this too quickly.. OTL Anyways.. I hope you guys like it! x) Sorry for typos and other errors. I'm I'll tired, and I was writing this in between classes so.. yeah >< Sorry for the long wait, too ;o;