La La La Cherry Blossoms~

La La La Cherry Blossoms ~Oneshot~

She was walking down the sidewalk to the park when she felt the wind blow through her dark red hair. While in the distant she could smell a small hint of cherry in the air. She pulled her hair behind her ears and walked on forward following the scent she thought was lovely. In the distance she could see a large Cherry Tree standing up proudly while the wind blew its blossoms every which way. She smiled brightly and walked up to the tree and placed her hand on it gently. She looked up at the tree and inhaled deeply while starting to giggle a little.

She turned her back to the tree and sat down while leaning against it. She took out this book that she had bookmarked and she began to read. The girl was slowly drifting off into dreamland, but she tried to stay awake to finish her book. She thought about what might happen if she was to really fall asleep in the park in the afternoon, but this girl was a risk taker. So she took the risk and fell asleep under the Cherry Tree.

A boy walked past the sleeping girl, but he didn't really see her, because he was too much into his own book. Then the boy suddenly stopped as if he felt her presence. He did a double take then tried to walk forward, but ended up heading towards the girl instead. He was being as careful as possible as he was waking her up. The girl's eyes fluttered open and the first thing she saw was this boy. Her first thought was that she should hurry up and run, but the boy was smiling and she couldn't run from that.

"Hi, um, I was just walking by and I happened to see you asleep. I don't know how long you were, but I just felt that I should wake you up before it rained or something." She heard the slight lisp the boy had and smiled on the inside.

"Thank you very much." She slowly stood up and saw the book that was in the boy's hand. "Oh, can I have my book back?" The boy looked confused.

"I'm sorry, but this is my book..." She folded her arms in disbelief.

"The Five People You Meet in Heaven?" She said with a questioning tone in her voice.

"Yes, see..." He opened the book to show her his name on the first page. "It has my name in it." She accepted his proof and smiled.

"Well, I'm sorry I accused you of being a book theft, but where did my book go?" The boy looked down and started to shake his head as he bent down to pick it up.

"It was right beside your foot." The boy could see the small tint of red coating her cheeks.

"Heh, I'm sorry, um, would you like to get some apology tea or something." She offered him.

"Yeah, tea would be nice, thank you."

They walked into the tea shop laughing about things that happened in the book they were both reading. The girl walked over to the booth and sat down while the boy sat opposite of her. Soon a waiter came over and they both ordered their tea. The girl got honey, lemon tea while the boy got green tea. The thoughts going through the girl's head was about the same going through the boy's head. It was like a match made in heaven. They were both silently drinking their tea while reading their book when the boy decided to break the silence.

"So..." The girl looked up from her book to him. "What kind of girl falls asleep in the park?" He asked curiously while the girl hid her smile behind the book.

"A girl who loves the smell of Cherry blossoms in the cool afternoon; especially when it mixes with the small of freshly cut grass. I find it very intoxicating and soothing."

The boy watched as she continued to describe things. She was in her own little world. He saw how calm and happy she was talking about the park, but mostly the Cherry Tree. She bookmarked her book and closed it. Then she placed it in her lap and propped her elbows up on the table.

"So I take it you love Cherry Trees." He sipped some of his tea slowly.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." She looked out the window and smiled.

The boy looked at her and smiled as well. Then he got an idea. He looked at his watch and saw that it was still a while before it would start to get dark outside.

"Hey...Uh..." She looked at him. "If you would like we could go back to the park and just talk..." He scratched his head nervously.

"Yeah, I would like that." The girl smiled making the boy smile a little bit bigger.

"My name is Choi Seunghyun by the way." He said.

"My name is Park Bom; it's nice to meet you." She smiled.

They started to meet at the park every other day so they could go get tea together. Or they would walk three blocks to go buy a new book together. Every time they met they got a little closer to each other. They were in a flirtationship for a while. Neither of them wanted to get into a real relationship, because they both got out of one sometime before they met. They liked it that way.

The first month they met at the Cherry Tree. It was sometimes tea or sweets. Bom made him try a new tea every time they went. The second month they still met at the tree, but they decided to stay at the tree until it was just before night time. The third month they went out to restaurants that they shared the bill for. Then they walked all the way back to the park just to talk alone at the Tree. The fourth month was cold and the tree was bare. They didn't do much walking so they went to the tea shop across the street from the park. And they drunk their tea and laughed and talked. Bom was occasionally looking at the tree and so was Seunghyun. It was covered in snow and even then Bom still loved the way it looked.

When the fifth month hit Seunghyun made it up in his mind to finally ask her to be his official girl. It was very cold outside, but he thought it was appropriate for the occasion. Bom met him at the tree just liked her asked her too. It was snowing which made it even more romantic to Seunghyun. He took Bom's hands even though they both had mittens on and smiled.

"We've been seeing each other for about five months now, and if it wasn't for you falling asleep under this Cherry Tree I don't think I would've met you. But I'm so happy I did, because these last five months have been the best months I've ever had." Bom was smiling really big now trying not to cry. "So before we freeze to death out here I just want to ask you one question."

"Okay." She said quietly, but Seunghyun still heard her.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He reached into his pocket to pull out two matching couple rings.

"Yes, of course I will!" He quickly took off one of each of their mittens, and he placed the ring on her finger, and she placed the ring on his.

Seunghyun pulled her in for a kiss under the snow covered Cherry Tree. It was their first kiss since they've been seeing each other. And they both thought it was definitely worth the wait. They stopped kissing and Seunghyun walked them over to the tea shop where they both ordered Sakura Tea.

Sakura is japanese for Cherry Blossom.
Thank you for reading this oneshot~