What Matters

What Matters

I don’t care on what they say.

 

They do not understand what we have. This bond we share. This relationship we have. None of them knows because we never bother telling them.

 

They said I don’t give you enough attention that you had to do those things. Those ‘whispers’ and stares in public; they don’t know the reason behind them. You do those out of habit. Habits are not something you can break easily. These habits of yours that you used to do even way before we got together. I asked you to stop it but you said you can’t. You can’t help it.

 

They said I all I did was receiving, when in fact, I should also be giving.  They only see the things you give me, not the things I gave you. They see you giving me flowers, chocolates, hugs and kisses but never did they see me giving those to you. They don’t know that you hate others seeing you blush. A light shade of red taints you cheeks, sometimes your ears; and you never want people other than me to see you in such state.

 

They said I do not deserve the lavish gifts you shower me with. You know I hate receiving expensive gifts yet you still bother to buy me one. I do not like getting spoiled by you. I want to be the one to spoil you. Those things they thought you bought were in fact from me but I told you to never let them know. I want to spoil you to bits. I know material things aren’t the best but I love the way you smile and whisper a ‘Thank you’ or an ‘I love you’ to my ear when you receive them. It’s your reactions and I love yous that make me want to give you everything.

 

They said I take you for granted; that I do not value the things you do or you yourself. Those little things you do for me, from making me coffee every morning to preparing clothes for me to change into before we sleep.  Those things, they don’t know. They don’t know how much it means to me, how you mean to me. I may not show it, but I appreciate and treasure them and most especially you. They don’t have to know that. It’s just between you and me. Just the two of us.

 

They said I ruined you. You have a great potential to be a successful person in your profession. You can be a marketing manager, an advertising manager or a public relations manager. You ‘sell’ or market yourself to others really well. But instead of working, you chose to stay at home. I allow you to work, even recommended you to different companies yet you rejected all the offers. You said you love the idea of me going home to you. You love the idea of staying in the house, taking care of what needs to be done. I insisted on getting a maid but you greatly opposed the idea. You don’t want anyone else managing household affairs other than you.

 

They said I don’t love you. It’s pointless to argue. They don’t know how I feel about you. They don’t know how you make my heart race. They don’t know how much I love holding your hand, having you in my arms, kissing you ‘til the need for oxygen comes in. I love how you smile, how your eyes sparkle at the sight of mickey, how you cry while watching your dramas, how you get angry at me when I made a mess. I love all those things about you. It would take forever to list them down. To sum it up, I love you because you are you.

 

They said I don’t and never will deserve you. Who are they to tell? To judge? To dictate on who should be together? Just because they don’t see the things I do for you, they think they know what’s right and what’s happening. These baseless conclusions, you told me to ignore them.  I try but it hurts. You told me to ignore them. They don’t matter. What’s more important is that we are together and nothing could ever separate us.

 

I want to scream at them. Tell them how much you mean to me and how much I love you but you said, it doesn’t matter if they knew. What’s important is that you are here beside me, loving me the way you know and the way you do. They don’t know the love we share because they will never feel what I feel for you nor you to me.

 

You’re right. It doesn’t matter. They don’t matter. As long as you are beside me, my love, my wife, my dear Yuri Kwon-Im, everything will be fine.

 

 

 

END.

 

 

be kind enough and tell me what you think.

 

ps. hey byun, evil unni!!! :P