Kissing Scene

Stand by Dreams

“Smile more, Luhan!”

 

I showed my pearly white teeth and winked at the camera. The staffs were shouting words I both hate and love—the word ‘so gay’ and ‘very good’ aren’t good to hear in a sentence.

 

“Good! Baekhyun, put a bit of powder on his cheeks.”

 

I sighed and sat down on a chair while my make-up artist does his job. I picked up a magazine beside the table and saw my picture in the cover. It’s nearly been 6 months since I started modeling—a dream I didn’t know I’d reach after receiving tons of rejection from modeling agency auditions. How did I become a model? I’ve been scouted by SM agency when I was buying clothes in Myeongdong which is still vivid in my memory.

 

My thoughts were interrupted when the make-up artist chuckled beside me.

 

“Sehun-ssi is really handsome, isn’t he?” I nodded to Baekhyun.

 

“That’s an understatement! He’s very handsome!”

 

I stared dreamily at the picture in the back of the magazine. Oh Sehun, the star of SM modeling agency—he’s my next goal! My wish to stand beside him, get closer and friendly at each other. Then… and then…

 

“Luhan! Luhan, go back to the set now!”

 

“Y-Yes!” I fiddled in my chair and threw the magazine at the table before going back.

 

All I had to do is to pose like a doll and smile like I’m smiling at my idol—in which I’m hallucinating to be standing in the door now. That can’t be, right?

 

“Luhan, show your cute face not the creepy face!”

 

I frowned but smiled after Baekhyun hit our camera man.

 

“Don’t be rude, Chanyeol!”

 

“Fine, fine. Luhan, please smile.”

 

This time I did it properly. The camera man was smiling all the way to the final taking of pictures when someone from the staff exclaimed.

 

“Sehun-ssi, welcome back! How’s the show in Jeju Island?”

 

“So, so.”

 

My eyes widened and stared at the godly tall figure at the door. He’s so tall and so handsome. I can’t say any other fitting words to say to him. The person I idolize—Oh Sehun.

 

“O-Oh Sehun-sunbae!” I can’t help but jumped in excitement after the camera man said that he’s done taking pictures.

 

He stared at me in a few minutes and began pinching my cheeks.

 

“What is a brat like you playing here?”

 

WHAT?! I-I’m not a brat!

 

“Hiymn aw mwodewl newt aw brwawt!”

 

“What? I can’t understand you.”

 

“Sehun-ssi, the president is calling you.”

 

He looked at me evilly with a smiled creeping in his lips before pressing my cheeks painful then runs to his manager. Seriously, he just destroyed his image in front of me. Oh Sehun isn’t prince-like in nature—he’s a big bully!

 

 

“Morning!” I greeted at everyone I met on the hallway.

 

“Morning, Luhan.” Kyungsoo-hyung greeted me when I entered the set.

 

“Morn—hmp!”

 

I blinked before realizing that I bumped into someone—the devil in disguise—Oh Sehun.

 

“Aren’t you going to greet me?” He asked, looking me in the eyes.

 

I turned my eyes somewhere else when I felt my cheeks turning red.

 

“M-Morning!”

 

“Hey, you’re supposed to look at the person you are talking to.”

 

He touched my chin and our eyes met.

 

“Y-Yah, I said ‘morning’ already!”

 

“Sehun, Luhan! Come here for a minute.”

 

I exhaled in relief when the director interjected our not-so-good-greeting.

 

“MCM Company asked for an advertisement of their product. They asked for the agency’s top models that’s why we chose you two to be the main endorsers, be honored.”

 

I nodded and felt excited. It’s my first time to do some different kind of modeling. I usually endorse clothes and shoes.

 

“Wait, why is this kid my partner?” I turned to Sehun and frowned at him.

 

“I’m not a kid and I have a name—Luhan.”

 

He snorted, “Well then, Lulu. Why don’t you just go home and do your homework? Kiddo.”

 

Lulu?!

 

He began pinching my cheeks again and I felt my eyes getting teary. I punched him but it was no use. He’s taller than me and my punches were nothing to him.

 

“Quit that Sehun. Get yourselves ready, we’re taking your pictures today.”

 

He quickly removes his hands from my face and ruffled my hair. I pouted at him and glared at his back. Seriously, Oh Sehun is a total weirdo.

 

 

“Eh? I think the staff gave me the wrong clothes.”

 

Baekhyun laughed at me. “What? Why are you laughing?”

 

“Well, aside from the fact that you’re very cute without trying, you’re dum—”

 

“Park Chanyeol! Get out of the dressing room!”

 

I blinked twice before turning back to the clothes in my hands.

 

“Hyung, I’m not going to wear this dress, am I?”

 

A smile creeped up on his lips and I turned pale.

 

“NO!

 

 

15 hellish minutes later

“No, please Baek! I can’t go out wearing this kind of clothes!”

 

“No more whining, Luhan! Everyone’s waiting for you.”

 

Baekhyun walked towards the door and my face turned blue instantly.

 

“NO!!” I hugged his legs and he fell on the floor.

 

“Luhan, let go of me!”

 

“No!”

 

“Luhan!”

 

“NO!”

 

The two didn’t hear the knocks on the door and suddenly, someone opened the door.

 

“Yah! Why are you so—” Sehun’s jaw dropped. “…so late...”

 

He looked pink. I guess he’s stopping himself from laughing.

 

“H-Hurry up, everyone’s getting impatient.”

 

“B-But—”

 

He pulled me up and I squeal a little when my skirt flew up.

 

“Ah, my greatest masterpiece~”

 

I glared at Baekhyun before leaving the room. Sehun was silent when we walked to the set. I wonder if my get up irks him because if it did, it also does to me.

 

“I-Is that you, Luhan?!” Kai shouted from behind Chanyeol.

 

I nodded awkwardly and looked at the camera man.

 

“I get, I get it. Junmyu—cough—the president said that it should be a couple so that’s why we decided to make you dress up as a girl.”

 

“B-But isn’t there a female model in here?”

 

I almost choked from my saliva when I saw him shook his head.

 

“This agency only hires guys. We usually collaborate with other agency’s to partner with our guys but…”

 

Chanyeol cut off his sentence and I caught him staring to someone behind me.

 

“Anyways, you look drop-dead gorgeous Luhan! Now go to the set so we can start.”

 

I sighed and followed Sehun’s lead. I wasn’t able to look at my face in the mirror in the dressing room because I was shocked to wear a lady’s clothes—skirt, bra with large foams and holy Baekhyun forced me to wear .

 

“Luhan smile, look at Sehun. Sehun pull Luhan closer to you.”

 

Padam. Padam. Padam. Padam.

 

“Good! Now turn your backs at us and hold hands.”

 

Padam. Padam. Padam. Padam.

 

“You’re turning red.” I blinked. He’s actually talking to me.

 

“I’m not. It’s just the make-up.”

 

“Hmm, could it be you’re falling in love with me?”

 

“No, why would I?”

 

He chuckled and I can feel his fingers playing in my hand.

 

“Now hug each other.”

 

W-What?

 

“Tighten the hug. Luhan let yourself be hugged.”

 

“No—hmmp”

 

“Sehun, I didn’t ask you to suffocate Luhan. Remove his face from your chest.”

 

B-Byuntae! This idiot stifle his laughter after seeing my pained expression.

 

“Look, Luhan is all red.” Kai laughed and I pushed Sehun lightly to give killer glares to him.

 

“Come on, Jongin. Break is over.” I saw his wide-eyed manager.

 

“Yes Mam!” He ran like a dog to him and the room was back to normal—or I should say awkward.

 

“Y-Yah, you’re so close!”

 

“Idiot, they said next scene is kiss.”

 

What kind of advertising is this?!

 

I can feel my body trembles when he scooted closer to me. Only his eyes give me relief—a sense of familiarity and vividness. I don’t know why I feel this towards him.

 

“Close your eyes.” He whispered and our lips are inches to each other.

 

I followed his words and closed my eyes.

 

Then I felt his soft lips.

 

“Okay, good!”

 

I opened my eyes and touched the corner of my lips.

 

He didn’t kiss me at all.

 

I shook my head and slapped my cheeks when I got back into the dressing room. His eyes says it all, he means business. He’s so mysterious at the same time, like clear water. I can see through him that he’s all about fame and he doesn’t care about me.

 

Yeah he doesn’t.

 

“You still have a last taking, good luck Lu.” Baekhyun smiled at me as he does some finishing touches on my face.

 

“Thanks.” I tilted my head in confusion. I thought the kissing scene was the last taking.

 

I stood up and walked back to the setting. Sehun was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and sat on the chair, closing my eyes in the process. Feeling someone’s presence near me, my heart began to beat faster.

 

“I can see it you know.” Sehun appeared out of nowhere which startled me.

 

“What?” I saw him pointing in my skirt and I let out a shriek. I closed my legs and turned red.

 

He tapped my cheeks and smiled, “That’ll do.”

 

“Lu, come here.” I pouted at him, who does he thinks he’s calling Lu.

 

“My name is Luh—”

 

“But Lu is cuter and girlier which fits your dress right now.” He winked and pulled my hand.

 

I felt his fingers intertwining mine while we walked to the set.

 

“Retake the kissing scene.”

 

“W-What?!” I exclaimed.

 

“It wasn’t showing the scene I want.”

 

I almost want to punch Chanyeol’s face when Sehun broke the silence.

 

“I guess I’ll make use of my tongue now.”

 

 Everyone’s jaw dropped and I saw Sehun his lips. Seriously, is this even a normal advertising?!