A Pained Heart

A Pained Heart (Hansol One Shot)

Marienna’s and Hansol’s voices rang through Seventeen’s dorm again.

Would they ever stop fighting? Last week, it was because she didn’t “iron his shirt properly.” Yesterday, it was because she was talking to a male classmate. Now it was probably the most retarded reason ever.

“It’s not that I don’t have time for you, jagiya! I just have work to do all the time!” Hansol yelled.

“Work zis, work zat! You never focus on me, Hanzol!” Marienna retorted, her French accent very clear.

Jisoo and Wonwoo watched the couple argue like they usually did. Couldn’t they stop? Even with baby Samuel in the room, they fight. They had to stop. Seungcheol was way ahead of the others with that. He had enough of the constant shouting.

“Never focus on you!? I come home every night and I spend time with you! Isn’t that enough!?”

“Enough!?! Do you even know what you do here!?! You come home and you yell at me over and over again, you ztupid vool! I try so hart to make everyzing ect for you and you nevar appreciate anyzing I do!”

“You don’t know what I have to do every day, Marienna! It’s so stressful, and I could be kicked off our project at any point in time!”

“Zen let me help you become bettar!”

“Ani! You don’t understand this!”

“Maybe I don’t but I zall try for you, Hanzol…”

“Try? There is no trying anymore. Just.. you don’t understand and you never will…”

“I zaid zat I zall try and I will. Hanzol, let me help you. Please.”

“Ani! You just can’t, Marienna! No matter how much you try, you won’t be able to understand! You’re just a fan and nothing more!”

The sixteen of Seventeen that weren’t yelling had their eyes wide open at that. Just a fan? Oh, no.. He didn’t just say that to Marienna….

Marienna stared at Hansol, tears pooling in her crystal blue eyes.

The words that left his mouth finally set into Hansol. He looked at his girlfriend before sighing.

“Marienna, I didn’t-“ He started.

Chan, Soonyoung, and Seungkwan all ran over, gently pushing Marienna away from their friend. Seungkwan and Chan each held one of his arms and Soonyoung held onto his torso.

Junhui and Doyoon covered Samuel’s ears, knowing this definitely wasn’t a situation for a kid his age to experience. Mingyu hugged his half-sister tightly, but Marienna pushed him away and ran outside.

The boy turned to Hansol, glaring holes through his head. Seokmin caught on, and covered Samuel’s eyes. Mingyu grabbed Hansol by his collar and punched him.

“Pabo! Why would you say that to her!? It doesn’t ever matter how mad you are at her, you say something like that to my sister again and I’ll kill you!” Mingyu yelled.

Mingming sighed quietly, unheard by the others, and sneaked outside.

Marienna was standing in front of the street, just staring at the tar.

Mingming hugged her from behind. “Are you alright?” He asked.

“Oui… I am ectly fine, zank you….” She mumbled.

“Mari, please… Tell me how he makes you feel..”

The girl sighed, “I don’t know, Mingie…. He zays zat he loves me so but.. he doesn’t not show it… Maybe I should go back to Pari… Be wis my family again…”

“But that isn’t fair to yourself. You can’t run away like that. Marienna, please stay.” He pleaded. Mingming had always been Marienna’s weak point, but maybe this time, there was nothing to change her mind.

“I cannot ztay. I’m so sorry, but I just cannot. He isn’t good for me and I only make everyzing worse wis him. I cannot do it-“ Mingming cut her off with a kiss.

Marienna let her eyes flutter closed, enjoying the delicateness of her friend’s lips. Mingming gently cupped her face, slightly her cheek with his hand. She let one of her hands travel to the back of his neck, pushing him closer to herself.

Hansol didn’t know what was worse: his girlfriend kissing his best friend right in front of him, or her admitting that he isn’t good for her. He stared at the two before finally coming to his senses.

“What are you doing!?!” He yelled.

They pulled apart and looked at him. Mingming looked at the ground, ashamed. He really just kissed his best friend’s girlfriend. What a friend he is. Marienna wrapped her thin arms around Mingming’s torso, burying her face in his chest. She wouldn’t look at Hansol…

“Are you picking him over me?” Hansol asked.

She could… Mingming is her best friend from the group… He understands her the most… And he wouldn’t be disrespectful or rude to her…. Mingming was perfect for Marienna, but.. she had something with Hansol. Did she really want to choose between them?

Marienna nodded slowly, her long black hair rippling with the motion.

“I wish for Mingie to be mine… Not you…”