Chapter 1

Lovely Family

*Italicized words are thoughts.*

 

Jin ho looked over to where the boys were and watched as they ran around in their boxers trying to find today’s assigned outfit.

“Where’s the coordinoona?” he asked his frantic dongsangs

“We looked all over for her but we can’t find her anywhere.” replied Minhyuk

Huh. That’s strange, Jin ho thought to himself, she usually gets to the work cites earlier than everyone.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” he heard a faint voice cry. The sound came from a young woman no older than twenty-one years old. She was not what would be considered a typical Korean beauty; in fact culturally standing she probably wouldn’t be considered a beauty at all. She was a little over five feet, with a face that was quite round, and she had a naturally darker skin tone. However the one thing that she did have was semi-big eyes and long lashes. It also did not help that she seemed to be around thirty pounds overweight. Yet Jin ho’s heart always seemed to skip a beat, though his mind hushed it.

“Where were you?” he asked snobbishly though she didn’t seem to notice.

“Sorry! I got stuck in traffic, sorry for all the trouble.” She said with a slight bow. “Noona!” Youngjae and Minhyuk called out, they had grown really attached to their stylist ever since she had joined their team four months ago. She wasn’t the prettiest flower but something about her made all of them feel happy inside, even if one of them, Jin ho, didn’t want to admit it.

“Why don’t you just drive with us instead of taking the bus?! That way you’ll never be late.” Youngjae asked. Hyuna blushed a bit at the question. Even though she had been working with them for a while she wasn’t used to their generosity. But before she could object someone else spoke up.

“Actually that sounds very efficient and time saving, don’t you agree Jin ho?” Aaron asked looking up from the book he was reading. Aaron was the brains of the group and was very keen at noticing a lot of what would seem to be small details. As a result he’s known about Jin ho’s crush on Hyuna, even before Jin ho has even realized it. Jin ho looking a little flustered was about to rebut, however another voice of reason interrupted

“Yeah hyung, what if next time the traffic is so bad that she never makes it, what then?” Heejun added.

He wasn’t as smart or as keen as Aaron was, but being somewhat of a play boy and well-known tease, he also noticed Jin ho’s affixation towards Hyuna. Being the tease that he was, he couldn’t help but want to make things harder for his hyung. Looking around at the faces in the room, from Aaron and Heejun’s smug smiles, to Youngjae and Minhyuk hopeful ones, then finally Hyuna’s innocence, Jin ho knew he could not refuse.

“Fine,” he said feeling defeated. Youngjae and Minhyuk roared in excitement as they grabbed Hyuna’s hands and spun in a circle.

“But, this better not happen again.” He said looking at Hyuna’s forehead. He knew if he looked into her eyes it would be blush city and he couldn’t stand it.

“De, Jinho-sshi and thank you.” She said with a bright smile that he tried so hard to ignore. So he went back to his grumpy tone.

“Now that it's settled, there isn’t much time left. Do you have your equipment and wardrobe ready?” he asked annoyed. Her eyes grew wide with panic and confusion. He almost laughed at the look on her face; she looked like a sad chibi doll. However Jin ho held it back and continued to act professional.

“Well?”

“Ah de!” she jumped almost dropping the bags in her hands. Youngjae and Minhyuk chuckled at her clumsiness, but Jin ho gave them a glare that quickly ended it.

“Please give me a couple of minutes to set up.” She said apologetically. Jin ho made a stank face at her but slightly nodded saying

“Fine, but today is the only exception." Hyuna bowed as they left the room waving good bye to her, while Jin ho nonchalantly brushed her off.

“Ugh, can someone remind me why we keep her here? She isn’t much of a noona, she younger than half the band! Plus how did she become a coordinoona with such a lack of style and appearance?” Jin ho scoffed as he massaged his head in frustration.

“Heeyyy, hyung don’t be that way, you know we’ve gotten a lot of compliments on our look ever since she became a part of our styling team.” Heejun said.

“Yeah and she’s a noona to us!” Minhyuk exclaimed with Youngjae in agreement. Both of them were freshly out of high school.

“Besides her style isn’t too bad. And even though she’s a little chubby, she works well with her shape. Ay hyung how can you criticize her when you know how hard she works for us, she probably has no time for herself!” Youngjae stated, while the rest of them smiled at how precise their maknae’s words were, for once. Jin ho. knowing he was again out-numbered, decided to change the topic.

“Whatever, let’s go get changed she should be done by now.”

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Today was the pre-shoot for the reality TV show they were to participate in called Family Love. The concept is that the boys must live together as a family. This wouldn’t be hard since they live together anyway, however things would be a little different. The boys would be starting from scratch meaning they would live in a humble home, an apartment complex, with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a small kitchen and living room area, with little to no furniture. They would have to find jobs, cook and clean for themselves and find time for family bonding activities. Not only that but that have to take care for a baby and his/or her siblings. That is the biggest twist in the show; for the time that they live in the small apartment they would take care of the baby first. The company would then provide them with a better home once they showed that they could be responsible for the baby, in which the baby’s siblings would come into the picture. The goal of the show is that they must work to find a decent home by the end of the year, find a decent father and mother figure for the children, after which all the proceeds will go to the real family of the children, including the house and the money they earned. A good deed for a good cause. However there was one little catch to all of this. The band, KP5, doesn’t know the details of the show, they just know they have to live together in a different house for a little while and do some bonding activities. Their manager and president knew about it, thus their band was purposely not scheduled for many things except for one mini concert and a few fan meets. Basically the band is going to be put on a hiatus for a while. Most of their time will be spent on shooting the show and the new jobs that they would be working to support their new family. Their president knew they would be upset but he felt that all their fame was going to their heads and wanted to humble them a bit. Plus, from a business standpoint this show would do wonders for their image, which was slowing starting to go a little sour. That is why he felt this show to be necessary.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

“Excuse me everyone one but I’ve prepared your clothes and they are ready!” Hyuna didn’t realize how loud she was until she heard a laugh.

“There’s no need to shout, when we’re right in front of you!” Heejun shouted back laughing.

Hyuna felt the heat rise to her cheeks in embarrassment as she covered her face. It was her first job since beauty training, and she was still feeling a little on edge. Nothing is guaranteed Hyuna always reminded herself, especially in the world of beauty. One day your needed but then the next you’re considered to be dispensable, that’s why she always worked hard in order to maintain some type of credibility. She really like working with the boys but in the back of her mind she felt worried that one day this dream job would end, horribly.

“Sorry!” she said loudly again, causing them all to laugh harder, except for Jin ho of course.

At this point Hyuna was puddle of red on the floor, as she curled up and she buried her face in her arms.

“Hey, cool it guys, she’s really embarrassed.” Aaron chimed in. Hyuna looked up at him with grateful eyes.

“Aigoo, our noona is as interesting as always.” Minhyuk said winking at her.

“Hey noona,” he leaned closer to her. “I’ve never asked you this but how old are you exactly? 20, 21?”

Hyuna looked up at him a bit reluctant, but then decided to answer his question. “I’m still 20, but I’m going to be 21 in a few weeks.” She whispered this time causing them to erupt with laughter again.

“Now we can’t hear you at all.” Heejun teased.

“I’m 20!” She yelled again, a little frustrated but still mostly embarrassed. It was a lost cause at this point as the boys could not stop laughing.

Hyuna was sure that she turned five shades of pink as she buried herself again. This caused Jin ho’s heart to leap again, but just as quickly his brain hushed it.

“Aww! You’re so plushy I want to squeeze you!” Youngjae said giving Hyuna a huge bear hug. The maknae was raised in the U.S. for ten years before he moved back to Korea, so skin-ship wasn’t that hard for him to do. Almost immediately a dull pain hit Jin ho’s chest. Do I have indigestion? He thought to himself. Whatever, it’s time to get work done.

“Yah! Are we going to play all day or get some work done?!” He said quite loudly startling Hyuna still cuddled in Youngjae’s arms. He finally let go and listened to his hyung and got ready. Hyuna, still embarrassed from the hug and teasing earlier, decided to wait for them under one of the beach umbrella’s by the pool. The location today was at a famous hotel in Seoul where the boys would be participating in a photo shoot to promote the reality show Family Love. The boys would be underwater so Hyuna decided to pick out swimming trunks that matched each of their personalities but would also standout in the pool. As they walked onto the set after getting ready, Hyuna watched the boys took off their robes revealing their well-toned bodies before plopping into the water. She particularly watched Jin ho who was not only a bit older than the rest but a bit taller and more built. She quickly turned away feeling embarrassed and ashamed that she looked at his body so easily. Eww no stop looking Hyuna! He's your boss!

“Hi noona!” Youngjae called her from the pool and waved. She waved back with an uneasy smile.

“I like the swimsuit you picked for me! It looks the best!” He winked. Jin ho getting more annoyed by the second splashed Youngjae.

“Yah! Get serious and go back to work!”

“Arrasso! Sorry Jin-jin!” he replied putting on his best aegyo

“Quit being so disgusting and smile for the camera!” Jin ho said grossed out.

Hyuna slightly smiled as she watched all of them smiling and prayed this job would last just a bit longer.