Chapter 1

In My Arms

11 years later

 

It was just another boring day in Kim Ryeowook’s life. He was now 26 years old. He woke up early and headed to the café, where he worked. He worked together with Kim Jongwoon, or Yesung as he preferred to be to be called. They had become friends back in college. Also, Yesung had a rather obvious crush on Ryeowook, but he never acted on it.

 

Ryeowook stepped inside the bus. It was a nice sunny day. Suddenly his thoughts seemed to stop to a certain happening in the past. He quickly fished something out of the pocket of his jacket. He opened his palm and with a longing expression stared at what was on his hand. The object on his hand, a small plastic ring brought him good, but also painful memories. It was the only reminder he had of his first love.

 

He used to think, if he should have even called the one in his mind right now but then the years went by and it seemed useless to do so anymore. He could remember that evening clearly. The one when his first love had finally gathered all his courage and confessed to him. He couldn’t have been happier, but then his parents had decided that they would move.

 

He had tried to move on. His friends kept introducing him to possible love interests but he would always give the same answer “Sorry, but I’m not interested.” He knew that he shouldn’t keep clinging to someone he hadn’t met for eleven years, but he was unable to develop romantic feeling towards anybody else. He even tried thinking that the other one probably had boyfriend or girlfriend already, but that just made his heart hurt more.

 

He was snapped out of his thoughts, when he noticed that it would soon be his stop. He pushed the stop button and slowly moved towards to bus doors. He only had a short walk to his workplace.

 

As he arrived, he was greeted by the cheerful Yesung and their boss, Leeteuk. He quickly changed into his working clothes and started wiping the tables. It was already close to the opening time so he had to hurry. Their customers were usually students or young adults, since the café was close to a university.

 

Ryeowook finished wiping the tables and was told to go open the door already and change the sign hanging outside the door from ‘closed’ to ‘open’.

 

He got settled behind the counter as he heard the door opening and a man with orange hair clinging to a blonde, but a bit taller man, both about his age came in. Behind them walking slowly, was another man who Ryeowook couldn’t see clearly yet.

 

“Yah, Kyuhyun! What’s taking you so long? We don’t have all day!” The blonde man shouted to the one trailing behind. Hearing the familiar name, Ryeowook’s head snapped to the handsome, tall chocolate brown haired man entering the café. His eyes widened, as he could finally see the man.

 

It couldn’t be, no it was impossible. 


Cliffhanger, already~~

I actually had this chapter ready for a while, but it took a bit to edit. 

Comments are appreciated  ^,~