Chapter 1

Amnesia method

“I like you”

 

 

I said as I stood there in front Cha Hakyeon. He’s a senior, just like me. A very good dancer and someone with a nice personality that would make any socially awkward person feel at ease.

He looked at me and I blinked. I wanted to avoid his gaze so I looked down and stretched my arms further. I wanted him to at least accept the letter I wrote but instead he blinked.

He was about to say something when someone stood beside him. “Hakyeon-ah, decide now. We still have dance practice” Minhyuk, his friend, said.

“I—I’m sorry. I have practice” Hakyeon said as he bowed and started walking away. He looked back once but that was it.

 

I stood there, Frozen.

My arms still stretched as I finally hear the students around me whispering. Just then, three girls stood in front of me, they were known as Hakyeon’s biggest “fans” at school, but me and my friends call them the attention seekers.

 

“tsk tsk tsk. Someone like Hakyeonnie oppa won’t waste his time dating lame girls” the leader said

“and girls who are not popular” another added. My arms started feeling numb so I put it down slowly. I felt my energy getting drained.

“girls that he doesn’t know”

“girls who are--”

 

“Shut up” someone said with his usual blank voice.

 

I looked up, knowing who it was. Taekwoon, behind him was Xia.

They were my friends, my very good friends. The three girls gasp at the sight of him. Taekwoon told them to get lost and they hurriedly did.

Even though he was my friend, he’s close to Hakyeon too. They’ve been friends for 6 years because Taekwoon was also part of the dance club. He’s popular but he ignored that fact. People say he’s scary, I too thought that he was, but when I talked to him, I realized that a lot of people misunderstood his expressions.

I had the opportunity to interact with him when we were freshmen. He was my classmate, he was my seatmate, and he’s my lab partner.

 

“C’mon” Xia said, patting my back lightly as we started walking out of the scene. I sighed and looked at them. Xia’s face showed disappointment while Taekwoon had a serious look.

 

 “W-will you not a-attend dance practice” I asked him, my voice cracking.

He suddenly looked down at me and his eyes turned soft as he sighed.

“Yes. I will not attend” He said as he patted my head. Xia and Taekwoon looked at each other and then to me. their serious but soft expressions remained. 

 

As simple as that, I know that they’re trying to tell me that if I needed them, they will be there to make me feel better.

----

 

kbye. I'm sorry ~(;___;)~