Chapter 2: The Third Member

The CRAZY School Council!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[EDIT - 31/10/15]

[A/N: Sorry everyone for taking so long but flippin heck, it took forever to edit this! This chappie is almost 4000 words long :O]

"These weren't the students that you expected? If you are able to get these students to join, then this school will be the safest it has ever been."

The principle leaned forward, his elbows resting against the desk.

"Are you sure? You've picked a load of weirdoes..."

Rina murmured the last part to herself but when she received a look from the older male, she knew he heard her comment.

"If all the members have not joined then there is a chance that this school will fall behind."

"Why?" Tao had to ask and blinked towards the principal in wonder.

"There are many things that the council has to do to keep this place on top…You'll understand when bring everyone together." He tried to answer but when he received looks of puzzlement, he waved his hand in a careless manner and changed his words.

That ended the conversation between the three and Rina stood followed by Tao. The two then bowed towards the principal before turning and leaving the room, not a single word spoken after.

"Do you want to start then?" Rina stepped out of the room and asked as she glanced over to her friend.

"Sure…Who should we get first?" Tao questioned back, his tone more nervous.

"Since you're so nervous, let's pick this one. He looks nice." Rina placed her finger over a picture of one of the boys and Tao sighed.

"Sorry..." He mumbled and looked elsewhere to avoid her gaze.

A comforting smile appeared on her features as she focused on her friend but she moved her attention onto another sheet as she took it out. She scanned the paper with her eyes until it stopped onto one place. She squinted her eyes to double check the door number before mumbling the number under her breath a few times to remember.

"Let's go."

Rina ‘led’ the way with Tao trailing behind and it didn’t take long for them to get lost.

“You could have just told me the number.”

“Whatever…”

The shorter girl eventually gave in, told which classroom it was and Tao revealed a smile. It didn’t take as a long as she thought to arrive by the room and her eyes locked onto the sign above the door.

"Home economics...Cooking?" Rina was puzzled by the subject name and gave a guess as to what it was as she turned to Tao who gave a firm nod.

“Oh~” Was all she said before strolling into the classroom casually and causing an alarmed expression to appear on Tao’s features.

"Rina, don't just walk in..." Tao whispered harshly at her.

Not listening to her friend’s words, her eyes focused on finding a particular student but they moved to the teacher when he spoke up.

"Excuse me! You do not just walk into someones-" He halted in his sentence and stiffened up when her gaze darkened into a glare.

Continuing her previous task, she finally found who she was looking for and strolled towards him. Sharp eyes met another innocent pair and the contact didn’t break until Rina finally spoke up.

"You're coming with me." Not giving him a chance to speak, she attached her hand onto his wrist and easily dragged him out of the room.

To say he was astonished by her actions was the correct term and it didn’t help him understand what on earth was happening to him. Once they were out the room, Tao immediately bowed towards the teacher before carefully closing the door. Rina released the male’s collar causing him to step back and gaze at the two in confusion. The young girl moved her attention from the paper to him, making sure she got the right boy but decided it was best to ask him since the photos were a little bit blurred.

“This is you, right?” She enquired, her expression calm.

"Yeah. Wait, what do you want with me?" He shot back, totally lost with the whole situation.

"You're joining the Student Council, D.O."

D.O's eyes enlarged over the news and Rina wondered how the heck they could get any bigger. He shook his head, a nervous laugh leaving his lips soon after.

"I'm sorry but i can't. I have a dream that i need to achieve and by joining the council, it will only use up my time," The second year revealed.

"B-But, you have to join," Tao pleaded.

"I'm really sorry," He apologised once more before stepping back into his class.

Rina overheard some of girls in the class, some asking if their classmate was okay while some had the nerve to insult her for her previous actions. Body boiling in anger, she slammed the door open once again, the entire class staring at her in an alarmed fashion. She glared at D.O who exhaled before he watched her with a flat expression as she pointed at him, exclaiming her words after.

"Just you wait...I'll make you join!" She claimed before storming away from the silent classroom.

Completely panicked, Tao bowed multiple times as he apologized. Closing the door as he was done, he then zoomed off, attempting to catch up with his friend who was now in a very bad mood. On the other side of the scene, D.O stood in a stunned manner as he continued to gaze at the closed door.

“D.O!”

That shook him out of his faze and he quickly sent a fake smile to assure them that he was fine. The lesson resumed while the atmosphere before all the drama returned but D.O was still occupied with his thoughts as he cooked.

'I've already said no...Why does she want me to join so badly?' D.O wondered as he mixed the melted chocolate in the bowl.

“Rina.” Tao called calmly and the shorter girl stopped in her footsteps to glance back at her friend. He noticed her grumpy expression and suppressed a chuckle by clearing his throat.

“What are we going to do now?” He expressed puzzlement while Rina simply exhaled.

“I honestly have no idea. Geez, I got so worked up back there.” She mumbled the last part to herself but Tao managed to hear, concern glimmering in his brown orbs.

"That was weird. I've never seen you act in such a way. Are you alright?" He placed a hand on her shoulder as a sign of comfort and her form relaxed.

"It's because of that silly principal. If he didn't pick me, i would be enjoying the next two years." She stated before running her fingers through her hair.

"Okay…Let's come up with some ideas at lunch. For now, we need to get to lesson since our free period is almost over." Tao glanced at his watch as he allowed his words to slip past his lips.

Nodding in agreement, Rina followed her taller friend and returned to their classroom where they next lesson would take place.

-----------------------------------------------------

Entering the cafeteria, Tao glanced down at his friend when she scoffed but followed her line of vision which ended up landing on D.O who was surrounded by a group of girls. The two then sat down by a table and they ate their lunch in silence until Tao decided to finally speak up.

"Do you have an ideas, Rina?" Tao asked while looking at Rina who was nibbling on her food, a look of thought striking her sharp eyes.

She swallowed her food, her face scrunching up more and more in concentration thus causing Tao to lean forward, assuming she had gained at least one idea.

"I got nothing."

That earned her a flat stare but she returned it with a shrug.

"This is bad." Tao mumbled, his heart beating faster due to feeling anxious.

When Rina returned her attention to her plate, an idea lastly struck her mind and she gasped in a dramatic manner earning Tao’s gaze on her.

"What is it?" He questioned, hoping to hear some good news.

"You'll see." Rina straightened up to her full height and approached the table D.O sat by.

He noticed her approaching figure and sighed, a hint of irritation covering his features and causing his eyebrows to knit together.

"Look, I told you that-" D.O attempted to say but Rina’s loud declaration after made his breath hitch.

"I CHALLENGE YOU D.O TO A COOKING MATCH!"

D.O gawked at her as he couldn't believe what he heard but it soon went away as the girls on the table started to laugh at Rina who still didn't break eye contact with him. Not liking the fact that they received no reaction from Rina, one of the girls stood up and marched up to her before using what little strength she had to push her back. Rina stumbled back and immediately turned her gaze to her left, a glare being directed at the girl but she gasped once cold water came in contact with her tall form.

"Are you stupid? You could never win against him!" The girl tone was mocking and D.O finally had enough.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter