Birthday Girl

Torn apart

Your phone kept vibrating, signaling someone was either texting or calling you. AISH!  You groaned and lifted your head to look at the clock next to your bed. 6:05??! You groaned more and grabbed your phone from the coffee table next to your bed. 30 messages??! Your best friend had dared to text you so early in the morning when he knew perfectly fine you hated when you were woken up so early for nothing.

You opened the messages from “Guardian Angel<3”.

Happy Birthday Jang Yujin with 8 smiley faces was sent to you with each letter being sent separately.  He’s one cheerful best friend. A huge grin was plastered on your face because it was him who had sent the text messages.

While looking at his messages, your phone was bombarded with messages, from what you assumed, were from your brothers friends and yours.

You opened them to see that they were from Stupid Oppa(Hyukjin), Smiley Oppa(Rokhyun), Funny Oppa(Minwoo), Frowny Oppa(Jonghwan), Maknae Oppa(Sanghoon), Serious Oppa(Changbum), Minah, and Dasom. If it were possible, your grin grew as you looked through the messages. You were so happy they had all remembered about your birthday so early in the morning.

You got up from bed and stretched yourself. Just as you were about to open your door, your older brother ran to you and tumbled you to your bed.

“Ya! Oppa! Stop!” You tried to get away from him. He always attacked you with tickles on your birthdays. Your brother didn’t listen and continued tickling you until he heard a grunt from you on the floor. “Pabo! It’s so early! And the floor is hard!” Your brother erupted in laughter.

“Happy Birthday sis!” He ran to you and gave you a tight hug. “Love ya.” he sloppily kissed your cheek.

“Eww,” you punched him and ran out of your room towards your parents’ bedroom. “Eomma! Appa! Tell Hyukjin to stop!”

You ran into their bedroom but they weren’t there. Weird.

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Yujin, happy birthday to you!” Your parents sang to you. You ran into your parents embrace.

“Thanks,” you pecked their cheeks and they kissed yours back. Then came a running Hyukjin up the stairs with a cake.

“Happy 17th birthday sis,” Hyukjin brought the cake closer to you so you could blow out the candles.

“Make a wish sweetheart,” your mother sent you her biggest smile.

Your face neared the cake. I wish to become his girlfriend. You opened your eyes and blew out the 17 candles. Your family clapped.

Just in that moment an idea came to Hyukjin.

“What?” That look meant he had an idea. “Don’t you dare Hyuk-” But before you could finish, Hyukjin had smashed the whole in your face. Thankfully it was a small cake. You calmly took the cake off your face as your parents made their way to the kitchen while giggling.

“Birthday breakfast coming up,” your mom hollered from downstairs.

Yes breakfast! But, what to do about this idiot. Your older brother was on the floor rolling from laughter.

You smirked and took a hold of cake from the floor and threw at him. He immediately stopped laughing.

“Hey,” he got up from the floor and wiped the cake away from his face. Instincts kicked in, and your legs made a run for it.

“Eomma!” You ran down the stairs towards the kitchen. You saw your dad first, in the living room, watching TV, like usual, so you ran towards him instead. Hyukjin’s footsteps right behind you.

“Stop running!” Your mother warned

 “Appa!” Your hand was yanked back and your face landed on a broad chest.

“Ya, Chanyong! I need to get revenge!” Right away your heart accelerated. You looked up to find a shining bright smile infront of you, and all you did was smile like an idiot.

“O-oppa,” your voice came out squeaky and low, like a mouse.

“My girl,” he whispered.

“Good morning Chanyong,” your mother welcomed him through the kitchen door with a spatula in one hand.

“Good morning Mrs. Jang,” Chanyong bowed his head.

“Woah, woah, woah! She’s my sister.” Hyukjin warned Chanyong with a laugh.

“And she’s my bestfriend,” Chanyong hugged you closer to him. I want to stay like this forever. You stuck your tongue out at your brother and wrapped your arms around Chanyong’s waist. This time it was Chnayong’s heart that accelerated.

“Th-then here,” Chanyong playfully pushed you towards your wrath.

“No!” You ran as fast as you could towards your dad. Thankfully this time you did make it to your dad on time.

“Yujin.” That tone. “Please stop playing with your brother; I’m trying to watch the news.”

“Ye Appa,” with a hung head you walked towards the kitchen table. “This is your entire fault.” You pointed to Hyukjin as you walked past him. Hyukjin shrugged and smiled. You could never stay angry at him. You smiled at him while shaking your head, and gave him the I’m-going-to-kill-you-later look. Meanwhile Chanyong watched with crossed arms and a smirk.