6:00 pm

After The Clock Striked Six.
 
"Dude, stop laughing!" A member of your team complained, "We've been filming for hours!" 
 
Today, you were filming for an infommercial (One of your projects). You went to a classmate's house and settled everything there, well, most of it.
 
"Shut up, Gabo! I'm trying to concentrate here!"
"Walk faster!"
"Focus! I'll film in three...two...one...GO!"
"In the top headlines, We are......"
 
...........
 
After 3 hours of filming outside the house, you went in to eat some snacks and edit the whole film. You were having a crisis because you didn't know how to edit the video. You don't actually put in a whole, tiny-lettered document for a commercial, right? You weren't practically aware of 'managing the time' since you need to finish the video or the teacher will literally fry you in the corridors of the school. LITERALLY.
 
"Yah! Jwemil-ssi," You grunted as Jwemil spilt ice cream on your uniform. Apparently, it was also Mindeul's birthday. Her mother
cooked all the sorts of food you typically see at every parties. 
 
"OH!" Mindeul frantically shouted, terrified of the scene you were watching. Since you finished most of the film, you just watched a horror movie. It was "White: The curse of the melody." And you're in the part wherein the girl is discovering what actually happened and what is happening.
 
~Bababa babanana bababa babababananaaa~
 
Your phone rang.
 
"Hello?" You mindlessly answered, not minding whoever the caller is.
 
"Hello?! Is that what you tell me after the clock strikes six?" A not-so-amused tone banged your phone.
 
"K..ris?" You carefully syllabled his name so that you don't make a wrong name call.
 
"Yeah, it's Kris. The one and only," He cockily said. 
 
"Why did you...call?" You weirdly asked. He never initiated a call, actually. You were ALWAYS the first one to call. Unless he asks for the assignments, which he usually does in the middle of the night just to bug the hell out of your dreams. Your conversations often leads to asking 'what happened', 'why did that happened', or 'are you okay?'
 
"Probably not because of the time," He said in a monotonous tone, with a little hint of sarcasm.
 
"Tch. What is it, Kris?" You asked. You didn't actually understand his sarcasm.
 
"It's past six." He briefly replied, hoping you'll sense what he was talking about. He was good at that. Good at saying brief replies and good at being sarcastic, in which you'll nearly wonder if he's actually being sarcastic or not.
 
"So?" You shrugged the dark aura coming from your phone away.
 
"UGH! It's PAST SIX, and you, missy, are not home yet!" He yelled through the phone. You knew he was worried. He wasn't the type of guy to be worried over the time. He was never  that kind of guy. He already had his ex-girlfriends every week but neither one of them did he asked that question. And you were just his bestfriend.
 
"So? I'm doing a project in Mindeul's house..."
 
"Mindeul?" He repeated. "The one that has a brother that has a crush on you?"
 
"Yes, dad." You rolled your eyes, though he can't see it. "And he has been drilling a hole in my forehead for quite some time, now."
 
You could sense Kris' little frown from your place, "You better come home right away, missy."
 
"No, I can't yet. Were still waiting for the car to come," You reasoned out. And it was perfectly a lie that Kris knew you would say.
 
"Oh, really?" His sarcasm broke out, "Does that involve screaming and watching a horror movie? Oh! Oh! And does your project needs a ghost story so that you are watching one?"
 
"Hell, yes, Kris." You said, "And I'll be coming home with the ghost."
 
"Are you sure it's a ghost? Maybe it's a monster. Better yet, stop looking at mirrors and come home," He sternly said. He was your dad at times. He already passed the 'over-protectiveness' part. And he can also pass as your boyfriend, for being jealous all the time whenever you introduce an admirer to him.
 
"Kris," You sighed in defeat. "You won."
 
"I know," He replied arrogantly. "You never won, did you?"
 
"Uh, YES, I did."
 
"What? Where? When? Better yet, WHY?" He asked. You could her some chains, or keys being shaked.
 
"Kris, I'll kill you when I see you tomorrow."
 
"Why wait?" He coolly said. "You can always come to my house. It's just beside yours." You heard some wheels silently roaring.
 
"Ha. Ha. Ha. Kris you're so funny you made me laugh for about three seconds."
 
"And I'm going to scold you in three seconds." He disconnected the call, following a doorbell. Mindeul's mom hurriedly went outside, and coming back with a news that knocked your jaw to the ground.
 
"Jaerin? A guy named by Kris is looking for you," She said then went to glance one more time outside. "You have a hot boyfriend, miss."
 
You walked outside only to see a fuming Kris. He was clearly not amused of your tardiness at coming home, "What are you doing here?" You asked.
 
"Picking you up," He opened the door of his car, pretending to be a butler. "What do you think?"
 
"Err...Kris, I still need to finish the movies," You said. Kris went inside the house and went out with your things shamelessly.
 
"You can finish those movies with me." 
 
In a split second, he grabbed you by arm and stuffed you inside the car, beside the driver's seat where Kris will be interviewing you. He sat and drove his car away.
 
 
 
 
"Why were you late?" He asked. Clearly pissed off about what you did.
 
"Kris, I was just late for about 20 minutes. What's so late about that?" You shrugged your shoulders. "And besides, I am perfectly fine and in one-piece."
 
"Tch. Yeah, right. You would've been late for two hours if I didn't pick you up," He looked at you with his soul piercing eyes. He was mentally torturing you about your tardiness for about 20 minutes, he was mad.
 
"You don't have to be so worried about your bestie!" You smiled, "You know that I'm capable of beating the s out of stupid people that tries to get in my way, right?" You glanced back outside where the streetlights were so amusing.
 
Kris sighed silently, "I was just...worried."
 
"I told you, no need to." You said, "Besides being your bestfriend, I'm also a best fighter."
 
Kris didn't know why but he was irritated at you calling yourself his bestfriend. He never wanted being your friend, just your friend. "Jaerin," He sighed intently, "I don't know how to explain this but...you seemed to be emphasizing the word 'bestfriend'."
 
"No, I was not." You innocently blinked your eyes. Truthfully, you weren't emphasizing it, really. "So, who's your new girl this week?" You changed the topic, "Any plans for the next week, too?"
 
Kris gripped on the stirring wheel tighter. Who would've thought that the top student in school would be so dumb at these times. As much as Kris remembers, he never considered Jaerin his bestfriend. She just did.
 
"Silent, huh?" Jaerin cocked her head to the side. "I bet you are serious about her." She didn't know why but she felt a little pang in her heart knowing that Kris has settled on a girl for his life.
 
 "Yes. Yes, I am." Kris grinned. "She's beautiful, too."
 
"Uh-huh. How long have you been seeing her?" Jaerin asked.
 
"For about," Kris counted his fingers, toe-fingers, strands of hair and other body parts, "Eversince I was a kid."
 
Jaerin formed a shocked 'O', "You've been ditching me?! I thought I was the one you've been hanging out eversince you were a kid?" Jaerin frantically asked. She didn't knew about this.
 
"Yeah, so?" Kris smirked. He was up to something.
 
"Ugh. Nevermind. Anyways, who is she?" She blankly asked. 
 
"I can't tell yet. Details first, missy."
 
Jaerin rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Whatever. Wait! Let me ask, If you were with her since childhood, why were you dating girls everyweek, then?" She asked in a matter-of-fact tone.
 
Kris' grin grew wider. His plan was working. "To show her that I'm a bad boy. She said she likes those types of men when we were kids, so I decided to be one."
 
"Oh." She sighed. Everytime Kris would get a girlfriend, she prayed that he was never serious about it. She didn't knew why, either.
 
"Seemed familiar?" Kris looked at her, expecting some teary-eyed confessions. But none came.
 
"Familiar? Why?" She asked as she stepped out of the car. Kris and her went in of the house. Kris has been inside her house for about her entire life that her parents wouldn't even freak out if they see Kris in her room, sleeping. They liked him for her, but she was still confused about her feelings.
 
Kris plomped himself in her bed comfortably. "You can be an idiot, you know that?" Kris said, making her furrow her eyebrows.
 
"Me? An idiot? No way, dude. I've been a valedictorian for years already. Never have I been called an idiot."
 
"You sure?" Kris went near her. "I've been observing your dumbness eversince awhile ago."
 
"Go kill yourself, Kris."
 
"Do you even have feelings?!" Kris sighed in annoyance. He was clearly seen irritated the he even through a pillow towards Jaerin. And that's where it registered in her brain...
 
Maybe that's why he has been scaring all your suitors.
Maybe that's why he was always beside you whenever Mindeul's brother was near.
Maybe that's why he was always grumpy whenever he sees you hanging out with someone other than him.
Maybe that's why he always smiled whenever he was with you, he never did that with anyone before other than his famous devious smirk, that is.
Maybe he was inlove. With you.
 
Kris sensed your observing big eyes, scanning every page of his life, "What?" 
 
His face features were just so awesome that you had to rethink your life and else. In short, he was perfect. And that's where you truly understood why you were jealous with his other girls before. You must've loved him back. "Kris?" You asked, "Why did you pick me up from Mindeul's house?"
 
"I was...worried(?)," He unsurely stated. He got what he want in a wrong way. She was clever.
 
"You are such a bad liar, Kris."
 
"Well then, why did I?" He smirked. You remembered, he was also clever. He came nearer and nearer to you that your back was hitting the green-painted wall.
 
"I don't know. I'm not you, right?" You answered back. "I'm not gonna be thinking the way you do, Kris."
 
"Remember when I told you that you'll never win on anything if I'm your opponent?" Kris asked with that husky and seductive voice.
 
"Yes. Our little phone call awhile ago?"
 
"You already won something back when we were kids."
 
"What?" You stared at him. You didn't knew what happened next.
 
Kris closed the space between the two of you, and that involves the lips. You were stunned at what he did. You knew he never kissed his ex-girlfriends before. So, why would he do that? 
 
 
"I love you."
 
 
His voice echoed through your ears and lingered through your brain. You felt your eyes close as you respond to his kiss. The blushes quickly spread over your face. Kris immediately knew what your answer was, "Was that an answer?"
 
"Y-Yes," You stuttered. He was your first kiss, he TOOK your first kiss.
 
"I'm sorry but I didn't fully understand that," Kris playfully lifted you up and hugged you. "Would you mind explaining?"
 
You grunted at Kris' playful attitude, "You know I'm not good at elaborating feelings, Kris."
 
"Then show it."
 
In seconds, you were kissing him, hugging him, like he was gonna disappear any second now. Kris was not shocked but rather, happy and contented. Happy that you love him back and contented that he got her girl of her dreams.
 
 
"I love you, too."
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Thanks for reading!
Please comment what you think
and don't forget to subscribe (^w^)V