Wakefulness

A Single Word - A Collection of One-shots

 

Wakefulness

 


 

The figure shifted uncomfortably in its bed, before finally rolling onto its back. The ray of moonlight streaming in from the window illuminated the breathless anticipation on its well-defined face. As Chaerin stared at the blank ceiling above her, she knew she needed to sleep. She tried everything; counting sheep, taking deep breaths, listening to music, but the churning in her stomach kept her tossing and turning deep into the night.

Finally, she lay still, allowing thoughts to flood her mind; thoughts that revolved around one and one thing only.

Tomorrow.

It was the day that her life would change forever; the day she would lead three girls into the terrifying unknown, where they would leave their hearts completely vulnerable on the stage.

It was the day where they would either live or die.

The thought of it made Chaerin shiver.

There was absolutely no room for mistakes. Out there, Lee Chaerin had to completely disappear and CL, the charismatic leader of 2ne1, would make her first debut. If any part of her alter ego failed, it would cause the doom of everyone.

No, she thought, I must be flawless.

She crawled towards the edge of her bunk bed and looked down, peering fondly at her three sleeping members. A small smile graced her lips and she once again ducked under her covers.

She would not let her members down.

While the whole world was deep in their slumber, one girl – in all her wakefulness – determinedly went through every single dance move in her head, honing them to perfection, anxiously anticipating the next day.