Kingdom of Thieves

Kingdom of Thieves

“Prince Baekhyun! Your majesty, the EXO thieves have struck our main base in the town just outside of our castle boundaries!” My servant rushed into the room, bowing right at my petite feet.


 

“Are you serious? Those filthy thieves are so gross. It’s okay though. Mother and Father will think of something. Plus, our armies can’t be defeated.” I huff and cross my arms, making a shooing motion towards the servant.


 

If you didn’t know, EXO are a group of disheveled bandits that ransack my family’s territory. They are horrible, and even claiming they are the bad ones; they were the ones who destroyed everything! It’s out territory, and they kill lives by just setting entire cities aflame.


 

You can probably tell I hate EXO because they ruin Father and Mother’s happiness. I wish bad people like them never existed.


 

I hurry downstairs to go to the training room to practice hapkido. I need to know hapkido, a form of self-defense since I’m the prince of the kingdom, Exoplanet. However, I stop short because I hear some muffled voices that are extremely suspicious.


 

“I am done with the EXO troops. We know where they live, and will annihilate them immediately.” Is that... Father? I’m pretty sure annihilation is overboard... But I can’t stop Father, because he is law. What he says, goes.


 

I turn to leave but what Father says next astonishes me.


 

“That boy, he is taking too long. We don’t know when the prophecy will take action. He isn’t even our real son, and I am sick of treating him so well when he is doing nothing.”


 

I’m... not their son? And what is this prophecy?



 

I am just a few steps away from the room full of treasures and dart into the room, seeing Tao already stealing everything in sight. How he got here before me is no mystery, he’s just a ninja. I don’t question it.


 

“Hey Tao, great haul today huh? I bet Kris will let us finally let us relax for once.” I laugh, patting him on the back.


 

“Chanyeol, Kris isn’t that bad. He’s really nice, honest!” Tao splutters, trying to protect his lover.


 

“I’m just joking Tao, but I know for sure we’ll be having a party today.” I smile and grab everything in sight before withdrawing from the room by jumping out the window.


 

I keep on making jokes with Tao while we walk home. He pretends not to laugh, but I see him let out a minuscule smile. We walk back to our base happily until we stop right where our base used to be.


 

Everything lay in ruins, the entire place demolished and a bright fire still raging strong in the distance. There are a few corpses lying about and people are knocked unconscious. Not a single person was stirring and the place seemed somewhat like a ghost town. Not a sign of some conscious or alive.


 

Tao freezes instantly and starts running off, screaming for his lover to answer him. I’ve never seen him show so much emotion or even crying at all. But I understood his remorse; the people that may have died in this wreckage were my family.


 

“Chanyeol! Over here! Kris is alive! You have to help me pull him out! … P-Please.” Tao’s voice comes out in sobs.


 

I race over to find him kneeling toward a house that’s be completely bashed over. I can hear Kris comforting him from under the destruction.


 

Tao and I grab onto Kris, pulling his arms up until his entire upper body was above ground. He then got up on his own and Tao attacked him, hugging him so hard that Kris looked like he couldn’t breathe.


 

Tao let go after an eternity and Kris started coughing out violently. The black smog from the devastating fire had probably gotten into his lungs, but he coughed a few times more before starting to talk.


 

“The Royals... They were here and obliterated everything. There are a lot of survivors but many are injured. We need to find Lay to treat the wounded.” Kris sighs, “Let’s spread out and find everyone.”


 

I run around desperately, rescuing quite a lot of people before I hear Tao announce that he found Lay. We all rushed to find the healer of our guild, and recovering him from the wreckage. After we found him, healing the wounded was a lot easier and we found out that only a few died and mostly everyone was alright. However, our home was extirpated and we had no other place to live. EXO, our thieves’ guild, was just another victim to the ruthless Royals and their destruction.


 

The Royals are the ones who rule the entire Exoplanet, and they ransack every place to get them to obey them. They get respect and power through the fear of the citizens.


 

“Kris. I think I have an idea. We need to capture the prince.” I say, more serious than I have ever been.


 

“We can’t stoop their level.” Kris hesitates.


 

“We won’t really. He’ll be a ransom. We’ll return him as soon as the Royals stop being tyrants.” I convince Kris.


 

“Alright. I guess I will allow it. Tao and I will accompany you to capture the prince, but if anything at all is at risk, we are abandoning the plan. Got it?” Kris asks sternly.


 

“I got it boss.” I salute in a playful manner.


 

“Meet at the gate in front of the castle at high noon tomorrow. If you’re late, Tao and I will go without you.” Kris commands strictly and I nod.


 

At high noon the following day, I met with Tao and Kris exactly right where Kris had instructed. I was actually a few minutes late because I got lost. But that isn’t important.


 

“Okay, you’re late. We should’ve left you. Anyways, we’ll sneak over the fence. Tao and I already disarmed all of the security cameras, we just need to surreptitiously get past the sentinels, and that shouldn’t be too difficult. According to our knowledge, the prince lives on the top floor and in the left side, three doors straight and the door on the right. This could be propaganda, but it’s the only lead we have.” Kris announces, informing me.


 

“Ready? Go!” Tao whispers and we all vault upwards simultaneously, plummeting on the other side.


 

We all break into a sprint, running across the lawn and ducking and concealing ourselves behind extremely fancy gazebos. We manage to not get caught by any guards and found a window to break into.


 

Kris takes out a special knife and cuts right through the glass. Once there is a hole, he sticks his hand through the hole and clicks the window open from the inside, pushing it up. We all gather in, not even resting before rushing off to the top floor. After that, we just opened the prince’s door.


 

And then I saw him- the purple-eyed boy from the Prophecy.


 

I was dazed for a bit but I realize that he is opening his mouth to yell and instantly cover his mouth, pinning him to the floor.


 

He starts yelping like a cute little puppy, “G-Get off of my y-you freak!” he stutters really adorably.


 

Once I know I have him secured, I signal Tao and Kris that I am ready and we break the window in his room and jump onto the roof. Cautiously making our way down, we leap off the roof when we are close enough to the ground. The prince looks absolutely terrified. It’s really cute. He’s struggling, but I already have him in a hold that limits his movements.


 

After we make it safe past the gates, we run as fast as we can back to our hideout to celebrate victory. Finally the Royals will quit their tyranny. Once they find out that we have their precious prince.


 

“Um Chanyeol? By the way... You have to train the prince, to be a thief.” Kris ordered, after we set the prince down in one of the many tents that sheltered us, to replace the houses we had.


 

“What? Train him? It doesn’t matter right...? He is just a ransom or something.” I say, quite shocked.


 

“We can’t leave him so... vulnerable. Come on Chanyeol, he’s the purple eyed boy.” Tao convinces me.


 

“Okay! I think this might be fun... Cause he’s really cute.” I declare but Kris and Tao look at me weirdly.


 

“Chanyeol. Just stop being a creep.” Kris pats my shoulder and leaves, Tao right behind him.


 

What? I’m not a creep. I think.


 

“Come on buddy, what’s your name?” I ask the prince.


 

“I-I won’t tell you even if you’re handsome!” He blurts out, blushing immediately after and covering his mouth.


 

“What was that?” I laugh, raising an eyebrow.


 

“Stop being a creep!” Tao yells from the other tent.


 

“I didn’t do anything!” I yell back.


 

“Baekhyun.” The prince whispers all of a sudden.


 

“What...?”


 

“My name... It’s Baekhyun.” he whispers again.


 

“Oh okay Baekhyun, my name is Chanyeol. I’m going to teach you how to be a thief okay?” I smile and grab his hand.


 

Baekhyun flinches and pulls his hand back. He frowns and doesn’t look too amused.


 

“I don’t want to be a bad guy.” He snaps, looking furious.


 

“You won’t be! Do you even know what your parents do?” I ask, my smile dropping.


 

“The king and queen rule a kingdom, and you steal from them! They did nothing to you!” Baekhyun is pouting which is really cute but he seems so sad that I just want to make him happy again.


 

“They burn cities and terrorize citizens into loyalty. I’m sorry, but you didn’t know?”


 

“No... They don’t do that...” Baekhyun resists, but what he says next surprises me, “The king and queen of Exoplanet are not my parents... I heard the king say it.”


 

“I’m sorry...” I start but he cuts me off.


 

“I guess... I guess I’ll learn to be a thief like you. But only because it might be important for my survival!” He says reluctantly.


 

“Great!” I grab his hand and lead him to the training grounds, usually meant for younger kids.



 

Chanyeol grabs my hand and it’s so embarrassing because I’m trying very hard not to blush. He’s actually... kind of handsome. Just kind of! But he’s definitely more handsome than anyone that has ever tried to court me.


 

“Uh, you can let go now.” Chanyeol looks at our entwined hands and I snatch mine back as quick as possible, burying my face into my hands.


 

“Aw, you’re really cute!” he laughs, making me blush even more.


 

“Yah! Pabo!” I shout, my face probably really red.


 

“Okay, okay. Done messing around. Do you know how to do archery?” Chanyeol asks, grabbing a bow and a quiver of arrows.


 

“Baekhyun...?” He asked while catching me looking at him for too long.


 

“What?” I snap, trying desperately to cover the fact that I was staring at his handsome face.


 

“Okay hold the bow like this and put the arrow right there.” Chanyeol puts his face extremely close to mine and I instantly push him away, squealing slightly. Just slightly.


 

“Don’t put your face so close to mine, idiot!” I pout, flailing my arms in the air.


 

“Oh, sorry.” He laughs after I sneeze, “I didn’t know you were allergic to y.”


 

“You aren’t even that handsome.” I huff, crossing my arms.


 

“Really?” He smirks, leaning his head down so it’s extremely close to mine.


 

Suddenly, the panda boy from earlier rushes over, pulling Chanyeol away, and possibly knocking him out. The tall blonde guy then rushes over as well.


 

“Chanyeol! I told you not to be a creep!” Panda boy looks really concerned for me.


 

“Kris, let me train him instead okay? Chanyeol is probably going to kill the poor baby.” Panda asks the scary tall guy.


 

“Tao honey... I’m not so sure.” Kris purses his lips.


 

“Please?” Tao pouts and Kris looked really conflicted.


 

“Okay, but only for you.”  Kris sighed, and Tao hugged him tightly.


 

The rest of the day was relatively easier with Tao than with Chanyeol. He was really nice, despite looking pretty scary. Tao is really awesome, and I am proud to say that I think I am pretty good at combat and being a thief under his guidance.


 

Tao seems really protective of me now; even though I just found out he’s younger than me. Whenever someone looks my direction, Tao glares at them. I swear I have heard him mutter something about ‘belonging to Chanyeol, that ert.’ What that means, I will never know.


 

Tao starts squealing, “Oh, you share a tent with Chanyeol. Don’t be too loud you guys.” he winks and giggles then proceeds to push me into Chanyeol’s arms.


 

“What?” Chanyeol and I are both confused. Being too loud...?


 

“Why is there only one bed?” I was horrified. I don’t want to share a bed with a ert!


 

“What do you mean? It’s always one bed for two people.” Chanyeol looked at me in a confused manner.


 

I sigh and flop on the bed instead of arguing with Chanyeol. He laughs and flops on the bed as well, facing me and giggling.


 

“Don’t put your face so close to mine.” I pout, pushing him away.


 

He instead wraps his arms around my petite waist and smells my hair.


 

“You’re adorable.” He smiles.


 

“I am not!” I shriek, and push him away.


 

“Your face is red.” He states, pointing at my face.


 

“Shut up!” I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks once again so I quickly turn around.


 

I still couldn’t go to sleep even after an hour. I don’t want to wake Chanyeol up so I stay still and try my best to go to sleep.


 

“I love you, Baekhyun.” I hear Chanyeol whisper.


 

I blush profusely and turn away. After that, it was really easy to fall asleep.


 

The next day, Tao is quick to wake me up. For some reason he keeps checking my neck but sighs and gives up after a while. I wonder what he was trying to look for.


 

“You guys were awfully quiet last night. Did he gag you?” Tao looks completely serious.


 

“Excuse me...?” I don’t exactly understand what Tao is trying to say.


 

“Nothing! Pretend he didn’t say that!” Kris comes over and quickly covers Tao’s mouth, who is struggling.


 

“Anyways, today I’m going to teach you more stuff okay? Come with me.” Tao leads off to the training ground from yesterday.


 

Training goes pretty fast and before I know it, Tao is complementing my skill in thievery. He says I am natural. I’m not sure if that’s actually good that I’m a natural at being a thief. The days go by so fast, they soon turn into weeks, and then into months.


 

For the record, these months have not been easy. Chanyeol is constantly teasing me. He says I’m cute and adorable. It’s embarrassing, really!


 

“Baekhyun, you know, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” Chanyeol says when we are relaxing on a hill one day.


 

“Oh really?” I blush and look the other way.


 

“Yeah really. You’re really fun to be around. Plus it’s fun to tease you.” He laughs.


 

Suddenly, I feel a hand grasp mine and I blush so hard that my face would make tomatoes jealous.


 

“Aw, you look so cute right now!”


 

“Shut up!”


 

“...”


 

“Hey do you think... That maybe one day after the kingdom belongs to us, would you be the queen and I’d be the king?” Chanyeol asks, breaking the silence after a while.


 

“Why would I be the queen?” I pout, letting out a whine.


 

“... Wait for it.”


 

“Wait... Are you asking me out Park Chanyeol?!” I laugh.


 

“If you say yes, then my answer is yes too.” Chanyeol laughs awkwardly.


 

“Your way of asking me out was so lame.” I roll my eyes.


 

“I’m taking that as a yes?” Chanyeol seems uncertain.


 

“Yeah, it’s a yes. Idiot.” I laugh as he pulls me for a short, innocent kiss.


 

“That was my first kiss!” As soon as we part, I push him away and he rolls down the hill. I don’t even bother checking to see if he’s alright because I’m too busy covering my red face in embarrassment.



 

As Tao and I make our way back from practice one day, a small child from the camp is running right towards us, panic written all over his face. He stops as soon as he sees Tao and it takes a while to calm him down.


 

“Tao-hyung! The Royals are marching toward our base. You have to come quick!” He huffed out.


 

Tao looks extremely shocked and starts sprinting quickly. I follow, and the child is right on our heels. We make it back to camp in record time.


 

Only women and children are inside the camp. After talking to Amber, who supplies us with weapons, we learn that the males have all left to the main city where the castle of the Royals is.


 

Tao leaves immediately. I try to catch up to him, but he is really fast. Luckily for him, I know the way to the castle from all the times I looked at maps in the library of castle. I was a bored prince all the time. I never was let out of the castle before Chanyeol, Kris and Tao captured me.


 

Suddenly, bushes rustle behind me and I jump in surprise. Whatever made the bushes rustle keeps moving and I can’t see who or what is.


 

“Oh hey Baekhyun!” Chanyeol appears all of a sudden.


 

“Oh my gosh! You idiot! I almost got a heart attack from you.” I shout, pouting.


 

“Sorry Baekkie, I was just playing with you.” He laughs, scratching the back of his head.


 

“Well don’t do it again alright?” I huff and start walking towards the castle again with Chanyeol trailing right behind.


 

Soon we got to the city that the castle was located in. Some people were already fighting and it looked like Chanyeol was ready to fight as well. However, I saw Tao and Kris, who were motioning to follow them so I pulled Chanyeol away from the fights to follow Tao and Kris.


 

“Okay we’re going to avoid the fight and instead capture the king okay?” Kris orders and we all reluctantly nod.


 

I guess it kind of seems so sudden that I’m against the people who raised me. To be honest, I find it kind of weird that I didn’t argue for their side. However, as soon as I heard that they terrorized people, it just snaps. I guess I really am one of those people who need justice, or it doesn’t feel right.


 

Kris leads us sneakily to the back of the castle. There is a dusty old trap door and Kris grabs the crowbar laying on the floor and yanks the metal bars open. We all step in the dank and musty room, the squeaking of rats and other rodents filling our ears instantly.


 

“Come on, the stairway to the ground level is over here.” Tao says and I feel his presence leave.


 

It’s extremely dark, so it takes time for my eyes to adjust to the light. When they do, I carefully maneuver my way to the lightest part in the room, where Kris, Chanyeol, and Tao are already waiting. Kris heads up the stairs first.


 

After a few minutes, Kris finally pokes his head back down the stairs to signal that the halls are completely clear. One by one, we all walk up the stairs. When we make it back to ground level, Kris huddles us into a circle.


 

“Okay, the Master Room is on the third floor and should be the first door you see after taking the stairs. If you somehow get lost, either meet near the trap door or at the third floor. Let’s go.” We all start to follow Kris.


 

I don’t remember the castle being so empty ever before. Usually there are more sentinels posted everywhere, constantly moving around to check for intruders. I guess they are all trying to hold off the rest of our guild back in the city.


 

We let down our guard, but it was a bad mistake. A sentinel came rushing for us but for some reason stopped abruptly.


 

“P-Prince Baekhyun?” He asked.


 

Oh. That’s probably why he was confused. But what he said next confused me.


 

“I thought you died years ago!”


 

“What do you mean? I was only captured for like, half a year.” I say, confused.


 

“No... Why you were still a baby, your aunt and uncle said you died.” The guard dropped his spear to his side.


 

“My aunt and uncle...?” I ask cautiously.


 

“Yeah, the queen and king. If people knew you were still alive when they were crowned your aunt and uncle the king and queen, they would have made you king. You were next in line after your father and mother mysteriously died.” The guard spoke fast, as if he was nervous.


 

“So you mean they faked my death? So that they could take the throne?” I ask, outraged.


 

“It seems so. I will inform everyone I know of this right away. Stand at the balcony of the castle, I will gather everyone at the main square to see you.” The guard saluted and ran off.


 

“Damn. I did not see that coming.” Chanyeol said after a few seconds of silence.


 

“Yeah. Nobody really did.” Tao said, “But we need to get to the balcony, quick.”


 

“Baekhyun, do you know the way there?” Kris asks, looking in my direction.


 

“Yeah. You go to the balcony from the room of the king and queen. So the same room we’ve been targeting.” I announce.


 

“Alright. Let’s go! Fighting!” Chanyeol cheers and with that, we are on the move again.


 

Kris enters the room first quietly. After a few minutes, he motions for us to follow. We all enter cautiously and silently.


 

All of a sudden, the closet door flies open and the king tackles me onto the door that leads to the balcony. Chanyeol lunges for the king to pry him off, but he won’t budge. The door bursts open and the king and I topple on the floor, rolling around. I am trying to get away, while he has an insane look in his eye while trying to strangle me.


 

The crowd below is enraged. They throw things toward the king, knowing I was the rightful king thanks to that one guard. However, none of the objects reach us since we are too far above ground.
 

I finally loosen myself from the king’s death grip and tumble around before getting on my feet again. Kris pins the king to the wall effortlessly with one arm. After that, the police come in and send the king away.


 

“Hey Baekkie. I said that if we rule this kingdom together, you’d be the queen and I’d be the king, remember?” Chanyeol smirks.


 

“What are you getting at?” I snap at him in suspicion.


 

“Well kings and queens are supposed to be married so...” He trails off, still smirking.


 

“If that is your way of proposing, it .” I frown.


 

“Not yet. But one day, we will be married okay?” He laughs while a pout.



Oh my gosh what have I done. I don’t know anymoreee. -cries- I still hoped you guys like it...? I love you all for just reading my story! Thank you ^-^ and also a huge thanks to anyone who subscribes or comments. If I get an upvote... Then I love the person who does that too XD