That Night

That Night

That Night

 

She always hated the night, not really hate but more like hated that the night always ends, she hated that cause it meant that morning will come and that one she feared.

 

She spent years sleepless trying to immerse herself in the night she feared parting till that day when she met him.

 

Him, as in super star Park YooChun, yes that him, it was late at night, she went out for a walk the sleeping city gave her comfort, most people questioned her sanity but what is so good about sanity any way, that night she crossed the road taking a new path only to find him, he was drunk, sitting on a bench in the cold late night, she never knew who he was, it was late and dark but his sight made her go his way reaching out for the drunk man who smiled to her and she fell in love, the questions about her sanity were never in vain.

 

She took him home with her, he was in no condition to go anywhere else, taking off his beanie she saw his eyes and knew him, how lucky was she?, he is her bias after all, she helped him out of his dirty shirt, gave him pain killer and laid him in bed and he slept like a baby with her watching till she fell asleep too.

 

In the morning she was alone with a thank you note and nothing more, sad as she was, she knew that this was all there is, but now she has a new routine, every night she goes to the same bench and every Saturday night, he is there drunk, she takes him home, removes his shirt, gives him the pain killer and in the morning gets the thank you note.

 

Two month went by doing the same, till one night, he was so drunk that he kissed her and boy he kissed good and she craved to be kissed so the kissed only led the drunk boy to want more and the sleepless girl to give, and so they made love and she finally met sleep but came morning to greet her with the same note.

 

Six month are gone now, the new make love routine is the same, she didn't really care, she was sleeping more and even at nights simply cuddled in his chest basking in his warmth, she also got her note.

Maybe now she can hate the morning less as it only led to night when she meets him, or so she thought, till that morning when the news broke with his brave decision to stop drinking as it causes him black outs and he losses track of his drunk nights, stop drinking? black outs? losses track? so she was nothing to him after all and that note was just replacement of the money he would have to pay a one night stand.

 

She felt cheep, dirty and hated the morning even more but not him, damn her if she does, him she never could hate him even if she tried.

 

And just like the fool she is, she kept her routine, waiting for him by that bench at night and weathering while watching his news at day, time flew, seasons changed and she never stopped waiting, no matter how much her friends tried to help her, she was always locked in that routine.

 

Now it has been a year since that night, she has been hospitalized for over a month, not eating nor sleeping for over six month does that to you, so on her first night out, her feet took her to her bench, yes it is hers now, she found someone sitting there facing the ground, someone deep in thoughts that he only sensed her presence when she was two steps away from him, it was Him, he looked tired with pale complexion , eyes circled with deep dark rings and shoulders shrugging but it was Him, she was silent was he drunk? was he sick? she thought, but then he eyed her saying,

"It is you right?" she looked puzzled missing his point "It is you, the one I left the thank you note, right?" her eyes widened in shock, he did remember, and he read her face at once sighing in relieve, "So it is you, ever since the day I stopped drinking, I started feeling hollow, the emptiness in my heart grew but I never knew why, finally my hyungs told me to retrace my steps" he let out a dry & painful laugh "for the past month I came here every night but nothing happened, no one came, but you're here now and it is you." tears filled her eyes maybe she wasn't nothing after all, he got up to his feet holding her in his arms only to whisper in her ear "can we go back to that night" his eyes were honest and hers were longing so she stood on her toes reaching for his lips only to be lifted by him to have her lips locked with his.

They kissed  by their bench thinking of that night.

 

The End